Questions and answers

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

edk

Re: Questions and answers

Post by edk »

Would you be able to explain the reasoning behind segregating the ladder on countries, disallowing a true global ranking?

Does this run counter to one of the largest appeals of TrackMania, that being the global play?
BL8

Post by BL8 »

Hylis wrote:Sorry, but we are doing our best. I have some thousands of message in the community and it's truely hard to know all subjects and give solid answers to everything.

Also sorry for my comment in advance. I guess for Canyon it's not the thousands of mails. The RoC of the last 3 months have run with one server missing. It was complained several times. Nothing happened. Lots of players were irritated to hang in the waiting list for a longer while and decided to spend the time with something else then hanging around and waiting half an hour to take part at the game. I guess most of them won't come back to Canyon. Now the server rotation had to be done last sunday. No info and nothing happened. It seems that there is no interest at all with Canyon from your side. It's boring to read that Cerovan will do it today, next week or when ever. Just tell us that Canyon won't be supported anymore and the rest of the few RoC players will left you also. Enough are already gone. From that point I can only say that you are doing a bad job.
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

I haven't heard of a big issue like this, but it'll fixed with the next rotation this week :)
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
edk

Post by edk »

BL8 wrote:Also sorry for my comment in advance. I guess for Canyon it's not the thousands of mails. The RoC of the last 3 months have run with one server missing. It was complained several times. Nothing happened. Lots of players were irritated to hang in the waiting list for a longer while and decided to spend the time with something else then hanging around and waiting half an hour to take part at the game. I guess most of them won't come back to Canyon. Now the server rotation had to be done last sunday. No info and nothing happened. It seems that there is no interest at all with Canyon from your side. It's boring to read that Cerovan will do it today, next week or when ever. Just tell us that Canyon won't be supported anymore and the rest of the few RoC players will left you also. Enough are already gone. From that point I can only say that you are doing a bad job.
Even moreso, and I say this with all due respect, there is no indication of who the new servers will be, what they're logins are, or what tracks they will use. Except the ManiaCs map pack, which ironically is using a rejected map. What is the likelihood that more than 2 RoC servers will be running next weekend? One server was never used, never spoken of, nor ever replaced as part of the last rotation. It makes someone like myself, who would otherwise be interested in renting a server and being put in the waiting list, to not bother with the system. It seems the waiting list is half filled with people who no longer play or pay any attention to the game. There is no public view of the list, no mention of how long a new server would have to wait, so on and so forth. It's disconcerting for many, to say the least.

I think the frustration from the players stems from our belief in that the system is easy to run. Post a public list, post the rotation dates, servers post their map packs. If the server operators don't respond in the week prior to the rotation change, then they get dropped and the next server gets put in. The map packs are already community moderatored, all Nadeo has to do is post the waiting list to the public and flip a server switch once every 3 months?
masleyko
Translator
Translator

Post by masleyko »

why we can earn only 40000 in valley ? ?
>SAW<爪火ふまミץどσ ¡ ツ

Return to “Ladder Servers”