Ladder points and progression modification

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

TheXPlaying

Re: Ladder points and progression modification

Post by TheXPlaying »

I am indeed stubborn, never said the opposite, otherwise i wouldn't be here replying to you one more time.

To me you're free to think what you want, but i just won't accept opinions that have no foundations.
I told you why i think this way and gave you some concrete examples as to prove it, you just said "don't care too much about it" at first and "things will get better with time", which to me seems like 2 abstract ideas without any evidences to them. You'll have to be more concrete if you want stubborn people to accept your opinions.

I'll overlook the bad joke... good night.
http://www.youtube.com/TheXPlaying

"I just want to watch the world burn."
Mestitia

Post by Mestitia »

Can someone explain the ladder to me, I saw like 5 dudes all rank 1 Europe. Isn't it an actual ladder? Was it just not updated? Or can you actually have multiple people with the same rank? How does that work?
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

TheXPlaying wrote:I told you why i think this way and gave you some concrete examples as to prove it, you just said "don't care too much about it" at first and "things will get better with time", which to me seems like 2 abstract ideas without any evidences to them. You'll have to be more concrete if you want stubborn people to accept your opinions
You want something more concrete, then I encourage you one more time to read the posts of Hylis, and please try to understand yourself what he is writing there. It is very complex.
The ladder points are monitored regularily by Nadeo, and there is a balancing system, but it is not stable yet.
Modifications to the system cannot be done all the time at will only because one is not happy with the ladder,
because the effects of changes cannot be monitored if they are done too fast.
This is why I ask you to be patient and not to care too much of the ladder at the moment.
Just play, improve your skills, and have fun :3
Mestitia wrote:Can someone explain the ladder to me, I saw like 5 dudes all rank 1 Europe. Isn't it an actual ladder? Was it just not updated? Or can you actually have multiple people with the same rank? How does that work?
Where exactly, in which game / game mode?
Perhaps that had all the same count of LP?
The next time you see this, please take a screenshot. ;)
TheXPlaying

Post by TheXPlaying »

TMarc wrote:Modifications to the system cannot be done all the time at will only because one is not happy with the ladder
Sadly though, it's not just "one" to be unsatisfied... open your eyes (not referred to u personally, but the whole team behind SM).
TMarc wrote:Where exactly, in which game / game mode?
WHERE?!?!? It was world broadcasted during the Launch Event too! All the guys at CURSE where ranked 1...
And don't even try an' tell me "they all had the same ammount of LP", cause if that's the case i think it should be the obvious thing to do to rank them in order of who got there first.

TMarc

Post by TMarc »

man, please calm down, will you!? :roll:
I know many are not satisfied, but this is still not a reason to derail :roll:
You're taking it much to seriously, so please be calm, ok? :thx:

There were many launch events. No one can have observed all and in detail.
It would be indeed interesting to see where exactly some players had the same rank.
How will you know that not some players reached the same rank nearly at the same time,
especially if there were many launch events with games then?
And how do you know if there was not a totally different issue that time?

This afternoon I launched Storm, and in the top 30, no one had the same rank in the ladder, everyone had different points.
So the issues looks to be solved, unless there are new incidents.
TheXPlaying

Post by TheXPlaying »

*Facepalm*

I'm talking about THIS !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k4qCBO6kyo

BlackEddy

Post by BlackEddy »

He meant in game. When we are playing Elite for example, we can see 2 players ranked same place same time. This is probably because ladder is not updating automatically every second.
P.S. Relax man.
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

yeah, aah, now I see, e.g. at 8:40 or at 14:00 of the movie linked 8-) why did you not show it directly? ;)
In the present case, it is more than just a few seconds delay, the ranks are the same across the whole period of the video.
And it is not said that the global ranking would have changed just because of one or two matches.
But this is definitely something that has to be investigated further.
Mestitia

Post by Mestitia »

Ya I noticed it in Royal a lot, I was playing on the 60k server and a bunch of PAF and other players all had rank 1, but I see it's just an updating delay. Good to know, I thought it was really lame if there could actually be multiple people with the same rank.
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

said this on page 3 and explained a good ladder system ? imo anyway,
[quote=me]THIS MUST BE FIXED
2 player can´t have same rank (1), that is just impossible[/quote]

a good system don´t need to be tested, if its right, it works :thumbsup:
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3