Ladder points and progression modification

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

The_Big_Boo

Re: Ladder points and progression modification

Post by The_Big_Boo »

The number of players having an official time on it.
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

I saw your intervju and you are great hylis. = > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BLbAM18TtQ
That weapon sounds awesome and fun. ^^ heaven´t tried it yet, i think it´s the arrow weapon you talk about ?, right

Hit box
and the hitbox for the arm is not needed imo, it take alot power as you said.
and is unessesery becouse it goes to fast as you also said , but it add some more hit change to the game
but hitting the arm is just luck and i think its better to skip that also it is useless becouse it will lower all
players fps with all coming feature, becouse the power is limited so no need - and hitting the body is
enough for me anyway and fun.

Walljump
First time i tried to use stamina to wall jump higher i like that move alot and i did it today and it´s adding some huge challenge to the game that other fps games don´t have, so don´t make it to easy to jump over a high wall becouse that is skill, so i don´t think you should change that, btw: i succeded to wall jump over a high wall and take out the guy at the lazer plate, and that feelt so great to be able to do that and he wasn´t prepared for that ^^, and it add skill to the gameplay. need some serious moves to clear it and that is awesome ^^ as i use to say - if i done a thing once i can do it again. you can´t do a standing backflip if you don´t train ;)

Ping ?
Isn´t that effect both players ! yes it does, so i don´t see the point in show ping on all players but idk, but nadeo
liked it so maybe its a fun feature, dunno.

Leaderboard

max x points (x = 10 000)
Rank 1 (if you beat him - you steel some of his points, how much depend on your rank)

LB = 10 000 max (sp = skill point)
Best Rank is 1 = 100 % of x sp
Worst Rank is 10 = 10 %

THIS MUST BE FIXED
2 player can´t have same rank (1), that is just impossible

that guy have max already and if a player ranked 78 hit players ranked >78 he can´t get points but he can lose points also and thats the smart in this LB system, lets face it if he can´t beat lower ranked players he is not number one/better than them - ofc he can have a bad day but thats not our problem hehe, and he should lose points and descend on the ladder and drop in points, imo, and if he hits player ranked <78 he gets point ofcourse and start climbing th LB so to be number one he need to work for it.

A good LB system is always moving :thumbsup:

This is the tricky part i think
maybe lose x points per x days to avoid him to stay as number one all the time unless
he is the best - be number one is not an easy thing to be, and it should´t be in a competetive game.

I saw 3 players in IPL that all was ranked 1 and that was ridiculous
i say it again, There can only be one "per placement"

Don´t just trash this, think about it for a while, and if you still don´t like it, came up with a better system ;)

My idea.
And i finish with an idea ofcourse ^^ i thought about this alot and its a fun idea
add talk in game on the player - i explain,, if to players are standing close to you, you can communicate
like in real life if we have headset and mic, maybe only a team feature becouse all bad words that meight came from it.

And some like ta talk bad and some don´t and its a fun part of the game i would love to see this idea in action
i can use hard word when play game but the other players don´t take it to serious becouse its just for laughs and
having fun isn´t it, and i only talk bad if i know the other person, dunno about you but i don´t take anything to serious in the game world, in the chat. ^^. Remember the player don´t know you and if someone say something bad, just ignore it and move on and he will stop if you don´t give him an answer :P

I hope to see some change to the LB, should work the same in canyon.
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

No one had anything to say hmm okey....

There is allways possible to improvement so maybe the wall jumps be alot better after you change it who knows ;)
and i repeat my self i wrote that the mortar weapon should be connected to the brown slide thingie - earlier but i am no idea if anyone saw it....

It it just me ? or is it feels harder ta hit anyone now ? i think the hit box was better before change !
Btw: on elite i need to practice the laser not the rockets as much.

and Maybe you can lower the hit to 1 on laser anyway on the one you carried with you and only in the match lobby ofc. :thumbsup:
so 1 hit with the laser = +1 ( i think that would be fun anyway for practice)
Forgot10

Post by Forgot10 »

By the way, I'm pretty sure I received some LP for spectating a Joust match recently. :D I didn't even quit spectator mode for a few maps, but yet I saw LP added to me after it was over.
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Nothing strange there :thumbsup:
You are a professional spectator ;)
rzn

Post by rzn »

What current LP limit? 50k?
My YouTube

Video editor at COREPLAY.Tt
TheXPlaying

Post by TheXPlaying »

I was ranked 80 when i've gone to sleep yesterday (2am), when i started playing today after work (8pm) i was ranked 210 LOL!

:roflol:

Nice ladder! :thumbsup:
Last edited by TheXPlaying on 18 Apr 2013, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/TheXPlaying

"I just want to watch the world burn."
rzn

Post by rzn »

TheXPlaying wrote:I was ranked 80 when i've gone to sleep yesterday (2am), when i started playing today after work (20pm) i was ranked 210 LOL!

:roflol:

Nice ladder! :thumbsup:
Indeed! haha i went from 15 to 90 over night, 6 hours. lol!
My YouTube

Video editor at COREPLAY.Tt
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

don't go sleep, or don't look to close to the ladders :mrgreen:
They are not stable yet, with many new players joining every day ;)
Just play, enjoy, and constantly improve :thumbsup:
TheXPlaying

Post by TheXPlaying »

TMarc wrote:don't go sleep, or don't look to close to the ladders :mrgreen:
They are not stable yet, with many new players joining every day ;)
Just play, enjoy, and constantly improve :thumbsup:
A ladder is something that should more or less indicate the level of skill of the players (well, more like the "experience" in this case :lol: ), i don't think it's a matter that should be overlooked with a simple "Well, don't pay attention to it, just enjoy the game..."!

The point is, the ladder system as it is now it's competely useless if one ranked 80 (not deserved, if you ask me) gets ranked 210 in less than 18h of being off-line (sorry if i have a life). What can it possibly indicate? Just removed it if you're gonna leave it like that, we "shouldn't look to close" to it anyway, right? :)
http://www.youtube.com/TheXPlaying

"I just want to watch the world burn."

Return to “Ladder Servers”