Ladder points and progression modification

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Re: Ladder points and progression modification

Post by jonthekiller »

For the second image, it's not good because Curse team is an American team and you see the European ladder.
luftisbollentm2
Translator
Translator

Post by luftisbollentm2 »

My bad___fixed ;)

Rank today 7, 16 an 17. ;)
PC: Amd x2 2500mhz 6gb ddr2 ati 5850 1024mb
best valley clip http://instagram.com/p/bTvCURtPCo/#
really show what valley is about <3
bull3tst3w

Post by bull3tst3w »

My LP won't go past 10,000? I downloaded the beta version, but have purchased the full version and still stuck at 10,000. My rank isn't moving either? Someone please explain to me? Also I want to register for the shootmania tourney this weekend with open ladder matches but I'm not sure if I actually registered or not?
jonthekiller
Translator
Translator

Post by jonthekiller »

It depends the server where you play. If you play on "Ubisoft Welcome to ...", it's 10 000 LP maximum.
ajpen

Post by ajpen »

I'd like to understand the current ranking system because all I can see are top20 people but with only 900 victories or something, and not to sound offending, they're not worth their rank. They're really bad. It's like they just bought the game and in no time they end up 1st Europe, this is ridiculous really.

I know rank is not representative of the skill of the player, only of his play time, but with the previous system, we could have an idea of a player's skill only by seeing his rank, which is now impossible. I personally don't care about rank, I just find it sad what the rank system has become. In my opinion, it does not reject a good image of the game for the newcomers.
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

ajpen wrote:I'd like to understand the current ranking system because all I can see are top20 people but with only 900 victories or something, and not to sound offending, they're not worth their rank. They're really bad. It's like they just bought the game and in no time they end up 1st Europe, this is ridiculous really.

I know rank is not representative of the skill of the player, only of his play time, but with the previous system, we could have an idea of a player's skill only by seeing his rank, which is now impossible. I personally don't care about rank, I just find it sad what the rank system has become. In my opinion, it does not reject a good image of the game for the newcomers.
I agree. Im not saying the old system was perfect, but I dont think the new system is better.
Also why arent "double" ranks fixed. This looks so stupid.
@NADEO : Pls reconsider tweaking the LP system any further. Pwetty pwease ! *puppyeyes*
Forgot10

Post by Forgot10 »

Old system (before B3 or even B2.1) was way better. Yes, those ranked top 20 were the ones playing most, but I could count on any of them to have skills. Just yesterday we played against a team having someone ranked 1st (the other two were 40+ and 100+), whilst we were 300+, 600+, 2500+. Well, we won, and one of us got 1500 LP for that. That's not how it all was in 2012 (and it's definitely worse).
v3rdi

Post by v3rdi »

like everyone said ... why does nadeo stick to the trackmania stuff

for games like fps and all others in that way ... the LP system needs to be an ELO system where you also loose points on a loss!

but noooes they keep on sticking on the old system where MASS gamers stay on top and get enough points i mean you can just simply spamm and be #1 with what? 900 wins? lol ... there are players out thbere with 20k + wins

nadeo this is not a flame but please open your minds a bit and see your faults in the core.

ELO if you wanna go with divisions not that stuff like it is now... i mean its more or less a lvl where you easyly see how much points some one has ... its soo nonsens atm.

also again the map stuff this is NOT trackmania ... an fps game lives in the META GAME! there is no META game atm in shoot mania cuz everything is always new new new new ... people get tired of always new blocks not stuff too much ..

why cant you keep it simple as it was ... (sorry for OT!)
logiX verdi
verdi @ Facebook
my Stream @ twitch
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

For ShootMania
Hylis wrote:Just to inform you that we are turning on the system that makes some minimal equivalence in the ladder.
50% of your Elite ranking will be your minimum for your Siege ranking
50% of your Siege ranking will be your minimum for Elite ranking.
It means that if you are Echelon 6 in Elite, that you will be at least Echelon 3 in Siege. The goal is to help autobalance functions.

This system can be made available to title pack maker to set up some references, as well as speed of the ladder progression. Our intention is also to have more options for the way a title pack maker would like the ladder to be handled on it's title. And we may also adapt the rule of the current title packs as well.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)

Return to “Ladder Servers”