Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Ladder points and progression modification

Post by Hylis »

General presentation:
Hylis wrote:Servers for the top of the ladders should respect some rules in order to provide as much as possible a good environment for this sort of progression. When there is no rules, some players are trying to boost their ladder points, in order to appear on top of the ladder. Since many years, there are rules for the servers that operates matches at the top of the ladder. And it is because there are rules to be respected that players have to make a deposit, in planets, to have this type of servers. If they break the rules, we can decide to keep the depot in order to dissuade this players, or others, to break the rules.

With custom titles, custom rules. Later, players will be able to define and link their own rules. At the moment, depots can be made, but no rules are described for custom titles. Title owners do not have access to the moderation of the top servers but can post or contact us if needed. We intend to provide the management interface to Title owners later.

With the arrival of mode creation, we have decided to open a public section for the rules. It will be a place for players to give the rules they wish to be respected for their modes, as well as for Nadeo to write theirs. We may split this forum if much more rules are being described, moving it to player tools.

In order to set up the upcoming ladder modifications, such as continental rankings, and inter-ladder after, we are dividing the ladder points per two. It means that you will keep the exact same ranking, but will be able to gain points again on lower ranked servers. We also have to open the top ladder servers to decide themselves the lower limit of ladder points. We will also lower the speed of the progression in the first time, in order to observe the macro evolution of it.

Changes on ShootMania since 5th June:
Hylis wrote:Just to inform you that we are turning on the system that makes some minimal equivalence in the ladder.
50% of your Elite ranking will be your minimum for your Siege ranking
50% of your Siege ranking will be your minimum for Elite ranking.
It means that if you are Echelon 6 in Elite, that you will be at least Echelon 3 in Siege. The goal is to help autobalance functions.

This system can be made available to title pack maker to set up some references, as well as speed of the ladder progression. Our intention is also to have more options for the way a title pack maker would like the ladder to be handled on it's title. And we may also adapt the rule of the current title packs as well.
tcq

Re: Ladder points and progression modification

Post by tcq »

Will this effect TM2, too? E.g. the continental rankings and the point decrease
beken

Post by beken »

so if we play now we can win POINTS?
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

tcq, yes for the continental ranking, no for the ladder points. But it will affect when we will do the continental rankings, of course. I think about next week or so.

yes Beken, you win points, and since you will win half of them when we divide per two, it is equivalent to play now or after (I think slower after since the players differences will also be halves)
beken

Post by beken »

yesterday I play 3 hours and i win a lot, that points i was supposed to win i am not going to have no?
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by Hylis »

yes you will have them, but divided by two, like others

your ranking will stay the same
jaqfrozt

Post by jaqfrozt »

hi.. idk if this is the right thread.. its about the ladder ranking.. does it update automatically.. or is there a specific time where you guys update it everyday...????..coz when i play it says on the scoreboard that i rank ei 403 but when i go to north america >canada rankings.. i couldnt find my name... on the list.. i just started today...
dreammyw0w

Post by dreammyw0w »

jaqfrozt wrote:hi.. idk if this is the right thread.. its about the ladder ranking.. does it update automatically.. or is there a specific time where you guys update it everyday...????..coz when i play it says on the scoreboard that i rank ei 403 but when i go to north america >canada rankings.. i couldnt find my name... on the list.. i just started today...
Sometimes it updates a bit slowly.
I was rank 1000 and i played for 3hours, until I was like 900.
I quit my game & after an hour I came back and it was back at 1000.

But no need to panic :p I got those points the next day/update.
It can take a while sometimes, but i have never lost any points. So the system works , its just slow sometimes.
d.m.f._nl_

Post by d.m.f._nl_ »

Somethings i dont understand.

In Shootmania when i enter a royal server i have my old LP ( Devided by 2 ofcourse )
But when i enter Royal ( title ) i have started with 0 LP ( example a Nadeo server )

Can you tell me the diverence please ?
If you think my English S*cks than you have to watch my driving and shooting :P

PC Specs at home:https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qfjhjrqes1p3pj/PC-Specs.txt
masleyko
Translator
Translator

Post by masleyko »

So once again ..does this affect TM2??
and if yes if i understood right .. then ladder limits on server dont restrict player from getting pts even if its not in limits ?
like for example there is 40-80 server.. there only ppl with 40k-80k LP can earn points.. so now anyone will be able to earn points there? even pp with 87000 for example?
and if i lower limits on server .. doesnt it do exactly what you dont want ? quick point boost ? when low ranked players will join ppl with twice as much pts?
and what are those other types of ladder ?
>SAW<爪火ふまミץどσ ¡ ツ

Return to “Ladder Servers”