Royal ladder

Rules for the servers that are running highest ladder matches

Moderators: w1lla, TheM, le-professionel, sbone, laurens92, NADEO

kripkee

Re: Royal ladder

Post by kripkee »

Alinoa wrote:I have just edited the rules for the 90k servers. So now the points limit is linked to the players number on the server.
kripkee wrote:Well, maybe you can remove the maxplayerlimit for 60k Servers? :mrgreen:
We can look at changing rules if you explain why you think that it's fine to change the rule ;)
Easy, because Trackmania does not have a playerlimit for 60k servers :mrgreen: (Topanswer, I know^^)

- because 70k ladder has allready this rule? :D
- because 60k ladder is more a "fun" ladder? :D
- because a full 60k server with 128 players in meleemode (or others) could be crazy? :D

Ok, I have no more ideas^^

btw. could you change pointlimit for 100k servers to dynamic points too? :D
chco

Post by chco »

Much appreciated!
Alinoa wrote:I have just edited the rules for the 90k servers. So now the points limit is linked to the players number on the server.
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

kripkee wrote:
kripkee wrote:Well, maybe you can remove the maxplayerlimit for 60k Servers? :mrgreen:
We can look at changing rules if you explain why you think that it's fine to change the rule ;)
Easy, because Trackmania does not have a playerlimit for 60k servers :mrgreen: (Topanswer, I know^^)

- because 70k ladder has allready this rule? :D
- because 60k ladder is more a "fun" ladder? :D
- because a full 60k server with 128 players in meleemode (or others) could be crazy? :D

Ok, I have no more ideas^^

btw. could you change pointlimit for 100k servers to dynamic points too? :D
We can test the following suggestions:
-remove the players limit for 60K servers of Royal and Storm
-edit the points limit for having a dynamic limit for the Royal 100k server as well.

I will update the rules with the changes.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

:thx:
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

The Royal ladder rules have been updated with the test rules:
-For 60k servers: no players limit
-For 100k servers: points limit is linked to the players number on the server
(players limit * 10) + 30 = points limit
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
splymphil

Post by splymphil »

bonjour

merci d'avoir intégré les "pointlimit" dynamique :clap:
ma config: joueur *10 avec min 30 et max 200 (MPAseco)

j'aimerai avoir une précision
qu'appel t'on une "LOL map" ?

avec google translet: (sorry for my english)
thank you for having integrated pointlimit dynamic :clap:
my config: player *10 with min 30 et max 200

I'd like to have an accuracy
what is "LOL map"?

merci, Thanks

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
Serv'iteur de plaisir Ludique. (Splym-Diver'city-Royal 90K)
niarfman

Post by niarfman »

Hi

Great news for setting a max point limits instead of a fixed one !

Indeed, 200 points with only 3-5 players is impossible without staying at least half an hour on the same map. And it's also too many points earned for only a few players. So many thanks for modifying that ;)

But I am not totally agree with the formula. Because the max points possible in a round is not growing linear with the number of players. The capture is, but the killing points not.

Having exactly 10* Nb players as limit is good only with minimum 5-6 players. Under, the point limit will be reached too fast. With this configuration, a map can be finished with only 3 rounds if a really good player is in the game. No chance for the others and the map is switched early. And players were badly surprised when the map was over wihin less than 5 minutes.

We are testing a configuration with 50 points mini and 15*Nb Players with max @ 200. It seems this configuration is acceptable.

An other idea should be to set by range of number of players, such as :
1-5 => 50
5-10 => 100
10-15 => 150
15-20 => 200

An other solution can be to have a limit of numbers of rounds instead of a limit of points. The gameplay will not be exactly the same but rules will be clearest.
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
niarfman

Post by niarfman »

splymphil wrote:I'd like to have an accuracy
what is "LOL map"?
Hello Phil :)

LOL Maps are maps out of any standard. Totally Fun that can includes block mixing and behavior different than usual or impossible obstacles for reaching the goals, ...

With simple words it's about maps that can not be used for a competition. Shootmania is an e-sport oriented game ;)
Translate for Phil wrote:Salut Phil !

C'est Choupa, enfin tu m'as reconnu ;)

Les LOL maps sont des maps non standard qui ne peuvent pas convenir pour une compétition.

Il s'agit de maps à vocation fantaisiste avec des assemblages de blocs non standard. Par exemple les blocs de regen qui n'ont pas l'apparence de blocs de regen comme on peut le voir sur certaines maps de Sun. Ou bien des obstacles insurmontables pour atteindre le pôle.

L'idée c'est que les serveurs avec un ladder élevé permettent de gagner des points plus élevés dans une optique de compétition officielle. Le but de Nadeo étant de promouvoir Shootmania comme un référent dans le monde e-sports.

Les LOL maps sont donc autorisées sur des serveurs plus traditionnels, mais pas sur des serveurs orientés pros et "champions"
Ľѷҳ Choupa Oups! ツ
splymphil

Post by splymphil »

Hello, niarfman, (choupa)

thank you for this explanation.

merci pour ces informations
bien sur que je t'ai reconnu :D

:thx:

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-
Serv'iteur de plaisir Ludique. (Splym-Diver'city-Royal 90K)
Alinoa

Post by Alinoa »

niarfman wrote:Hi

Great news for setting a max point limits instead of a fixed one !

Indeed, 200 points with only 3-5 players is impossible without staying at least half an hour on the same map. And it's also too many points earned for only a few players. So many thanks for modifying that ;)

But I am not totally agree with the formula. Because the max points possible in a round is not growing linear with the number of players. The capture is, but the killing points not.

Having exactly 10* Nb players as limit is good only with minimum 5-6 players. Under, the point limit will be reached too fast. With this configuration, a map can be finished with only 3 rounds if a really good player is in the game. No chance for the others and the map is switched early. And players were badly surprised when the map was over wihin less than 5 minutes.

We are testing a configuration with 50 points mini and 15*Nb Players with max @ 200. It seems this configuration is acceptable.

An other idea should be to set by range of number of players, such as :
1-5 => 50
5-10 => 100
10-15 => 150
15-20 => 200

An other solution can be to have a limit of numbers of rounds instead of a limit of points. The gameplay will not be exactly the same but rules will be clearest.
So the main issue is when having less than 5 players on the server if I understand well your post.
The rule of the points limit for 90k and 100k can be same and we can specify that under 5 players, the points limit is always 50.
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

Return to “Ladder Servers”