Please let us manage our bookmarks !

Discuss all the publishing tools, including ManiaHome, ManiaPub, ManiaFlash and ManiaPress in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

kroff

Please let us manage our bookmarks !

Post by kroff »

Hi !

Maybe it's a bug, maybe not, but I can't delete a Nadeo-made manialink bookmark from my bookmarks list like "Maniaplanet News" or "Maniaplanet Store" and I don't like that at all !

Actually I had these manialinks in fav before they became "undeletable" and now I have two "Maniaplanet Store" bookmarks, two "Maniaplanet News" bookmarks... Everything twice !

Why did you decide that your manialinks couldn't be deleted ?! I mean, is it just beacuse it's Nadeo ? It's like the ManiaHome bookmark, the most useless bookmark I've never seen ! Usually, when we browse our bookmarks list, we're ON ManiaHome (or on the main menu when we launch ManiaPlanet, but the header title is linked as well, so...) ! That's the most pointless thing I've never seen, seriously ! Please change that decision and let us manage our bookmarks as we want !

Thanks ! :thx:

gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Please let us manage our bookmarks !

Post by gouxim »

First of all, please try to keep a good and positive tone for us to have a constructive discussion. :thumbsup: It's not because you think it's useless that it actually is and that we did that for no reason ; often I see people saying that this or that decision is stupid ; one mustn't forget we work on those issues everyday and we may have different arguments (although we can -and do- obviously make mistakes) ; in one word: keep and open mind.
Actually I had these manialinks in fav before they became "undeletable" and now I have two "Maniaplanet Store" bookmarks, two "Maniaplanet News" bookmarks... Everything twice !
That is actually a bug, and that will be fixed, thanks for the report.
Edit: it should fixed, can you confirm that please?
Why did you decide that your manialinks couldn't be deleted ?!
We have a default bookmark feature in the system. The important thing about it is not the bookmark itself, but the fact that people receive related notifications on maniahome. It's our own way of publishing official messages and news to the players.

Now I do agree the ManiaHome bookmarks feels kinda useless now that maniahome is the welcome station. It's like that for historical reasons, so we may very well end up hiding it from the bookmark list (just like the "nadeo" bookmark that you don't see in your bookmarks)
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
kroff

Post by kroff »

Well first of all I'm really sorry if I seemed aggressive ! I wrote my post more in an hysterical way than everything else :D I do be really sorry !

I just kept an eye on it from a while. It began with the ManiaHome bookmark and then, little by little, others just came up and then the option for finding others manialinks disappeared as well... I was really wondering what was going on there ! If it would end up with nothing else than your bookmarks :D

By the way, the bug seems fixed ! Thanks !
French edit : en fait c'est seulement corrigé sur la page du menu principal, si on regarde ses favoris depuis le manialink maniahome, il y a toujours des doublons !

And sorry again if I looked aggressive !

gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

kroff wrote:I just kept an eye on it from a while. It began with the ManiaHome bookmark and then, little by little, others just came up
Does it actually bother your that we add a few default bookmarks? Or do yo think it's actually cool to have some official content here for the newcomers, etc. ? I'm intersted in your opinion as well as others, to get a sense of what you players are thinking about it.
kroff wrote:then the option for finding others manialinks disappeared as well...
Indeed. For the record I miss it too. We're going to progressively put some features back online to help people do that.
French edit : en fait c'est seulement corrigé sur la page du menu principal, si on regarde ses favoris depuis le manialink maniahome, il y a toujours des doublons !
Question in english: it's only fixed on the ManiaHome station, not on the maniahome manialink.

Yes indeed. Our plan is to drop the Manialink as it is today, and display the station manialink instead. That way users have the same experience on the station and on the manialink, and it's less maintenance for us.
kroff wrote:And sorry again if I looked aggressive !
No problemo.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
kroff

Post by kroff »

gouxim wrote:Does it actually bother your that we add a few default bookmarks? Or do yo think it's actually cool to have some official content here for the newcomers, etc. ? I'm intersted in your opinion as well as others, to get a sense of what you players are thinking about it.
I'm sure it's useful for newcomers, but we don't stay new players forever, so we should delete what we think is useless at a certain time. I'm not saying your manialinks are useless, far from that ! (Except the ManiaHome bookmark on ManiaHome :D ) But does the content of these Manialinks make them that important they have to be there and cannot be deleted ?

I'm mean, if we think about it, the fact that the finding options just disappeared makes you find a solution for your Manialinks to be seen and you chose to set them for everyone. In my opinion, that's not the good way, because we don't have choice anymore. The choice to have this or that Manialink in fav. Also - that's not to be the bad guy - I note the fact that in terms of Manialinks you already dropped the choice to name a Manialink by putting a limit of a least 6 characters (my login has only 5 characters :( ) and deciding they couldn't start or finish by "mania". We all know why, I'm not saying it's good or bad, but that was just to defend my comment.

Why not reopening this Manialinks finding feature and, for example, put two categories in its options like "Peoples' Manialinks" and "Nadeo Manialinks" or something like that ? We'd have a real choice but I agree it would make some shadows on ManiaPub so I don't really know what you're going to do !

steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

so i noticed that i have some bookmarks for manialinks which don't even exist anymore and because it's not possible to delete them i would like to request a delete function for bookmarks again :D

i really need to clean up my stuff :|
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

Return to “Ingame Publishing”