ManiaFlash 2: post content, #hastags and more!

Discuss all the publishing tools, including ManiaHome, ManiaPub, ManiaFlash and ManiaPress in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

spaii

Re: ManiaFlash 2: post content, #hastags and more!

Post by spaii »

magnetik wrote:- Fixed, only the owner can delete the channel.
Just tested, i added a manager, the manager could see the "DELETE THIS CHANNEL" button.

And i only can delete last manager added. Delete button on managers is only visible on last added manager.
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

They see the button but can't delete the channel.

About the delete manager button, the cross should be hidden only for the owner. That's the behavior I have in all my channels. (But I have fixed a little display bug, tell me if it works on your side)
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
spaii

Post by spaii »

magnetik wrote:They see the button but can't delete the channel.
Effectively, when i test on manager side, i've got a message that say i'm not the owner, Thx :thumbsup:
magnetik wrote:About the delete manager button, the cross should be hidden only for the owner. That's the behavior I have in all my channels. (But I have fixed a little display bug, tell me if it works on your side)
It works here, Thx too for that. :thumbsup:
novationx

Post by novationx »

Why show something when u cant use it... :/
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
Chris92
Translator
Translator

Post by Chris92 »

Latest update seems to have screwed up something.
On my maniaflash (chris92) I have to scroll up on every post to see the message, in case the post doesn't contain a media image.
Check out my Personal Twitter account!
magnetik
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by magnetik »

Fixed, sorry about that :thumbsup:
ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...) -- contribute!
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Not necessarily and issue for Maniaflash 2 only, but it is related.
When Maniaplanet News shared Maniaflash, there is no link to comments. It would be cool to see a link to comments of the Maniaflash exactly like in the original message.

Maniaflash posts shared by Maniaplanet News have no link to comments on the right side.

Another issue is incompatibility between Title length. While the Title looks fine in the above message, it is cut on the Maniaflash itself.

And a third thing: There is no specification for Webm videos or pictures other than a 16:9 ratio. Please add that webm videos play no sound and that roughly 480p (estimation from my side) is enough because they won't be played in full screen anyways, same counts for pictures. Information about the exact resolution the picture/video is going to be displayed, would be very helpful :thumbsup:

PS: an editing feature would still be cool too :D

PPS: A list of all Maniaflashes available / of all Maniaflashes I follow, would be cool to have at http://maniaflash.maniaplanet.com/dashboard/index/ :P
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!
novationx

Post by novationx »

Good suggestions indeed!
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

Hey, thanks for your feedback. I'll try to answer your points, and give you some insight about the future of maniaflash.

- Posts by Maniaplanet News have no link to comments: Maniaplanet news is a default bookmark for everybody, and we decided to remove comments on that to avoid spending too much time on moderation (moderation itself, or developement of moderation tools).
- Another issue is incompatibility between Title length: indeed ; text flow handling is better but still somewhat difficult in maniaplanet ; i guess the "reference point" should be Maniaflash itself, maniahome notifications beeing just a "feed" of various things.
- webm stuff: yep will need to add more information on webm ; it's fairly new in the client atm.
- Editing: yes it would be cool :)
- List of [all/trending/...]: would be cool too, it's the broader question of exploring content on Maniaflash ; we added trending tags as a first step, but we could add more features.

I think on the long run Maniaflash can become the publishing tool of choice for content creators and publishers. But it needs to be built with solid technical and system-design foundations.

We've been working hard over the past few months on those foundations. Latest example is the new Store design ; some people like it, some people don't, but the important thing is it goes in the right long term direction.

Bottom line: I hear you, and mostly agree, but it will also take a little bit of time ; by chance, Maniaflash may be one the first projects to use those new foundations :yes: In the meantime, don't hesitate to give your feedback here, it's always intersting to have while thinking about the long term plans for Maniaflash :thumbsup:
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
haenry
Halloween Mapper 2011

Post by haenry »

Nice to hear that Maniaflash is going to have a central place in the future :)
gouxim wrote: - Posts by Maniaplanet News have no link to comments: Maniaplanet news is a default bookmark for everybody, and we decided to remove comments on that to avoid spending too much time on moderation (moderation itself, or developement of moderation tools).
- Another issue is incompatibility between Title length: indeed ; text flow handling is better but still somewhat difficult in maniaplanet ; i guess the "reference point" should be Maniaflash itself, maniahome notifications beeing just a "feed" of various things.
In my opinion the lack of moderation is not a big problem. This forum here has good moderation and other community websites do have too (although it is admittedly smaller than the whole playerbase :mrgreen:). Anyways, I think if you search for people to moderate the comments, there will be enough volunteers in our community. You tend to forget that our community is extremely nice compared to other gaming communities ;)
And if moderation will turn out to be a big problem, a badword filter is easy to code and in the worst case a removal of the feature is always possible ;)

Regarding Titlelength: I assume most players just read through all the titles and don't read the message itself. That's why I like to put as much information in the title as possibe :D
A nice person is a better person!
Did you participate in a Monthly Track Contest yet?
My Maniaplanet maps!

Return to “Ingame Publishing”