[Maniaplanet] Add the bookmark button on your Manialink

Discuss all the publishing tools, including ManiaHome, ManiaPub, ManiaFlash and ManiaPress in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

TStarGermany

Re: [ManiaHome] Add the bookmark button on your Manialink

Post by TStarGermany »

GROM
<include url="http://maniahome.maniaplanet.com/add/?u ... &version=0"/>

seems maniahome server isnt available right now, so my own manialink wont load -.-

is there another way to create such a buttom with predefined styles?
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

TStarGermany wrote:GROM

seems maniahome server isnt available right now, so my own manialink wont load -.-

Look at the XML code at the URL of the include. What matters is the link of the button. For the rest you can put whatever you want. Beware of user experience though. A unified button has the advantage of beeing easily understandable by everyone.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
Electron

Post by Electron »

The include element not only includes a bookmark button. It also includes a link to Google Analytics. Should this be documented?
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

We gather statistics about audience on all our services and Website. This is for that too. There's no real need to document it since it's not require (nor possible as is) to include it in your own implementation.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
TatharNuar

Re: [Maniaplanet] Add the bookmark button on your Manialink

Post by TatharNuar »

Even if the bookmark itself can't have an image, can the bookmark's button just be an image? I want to add a small icon-only button to my Manialink, since a full-size button would be too big for the area I have set aside for the button.
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

Yes you can:
gouxim wrote:

Look at the XML code at the URL of the include. What matters is the link of the button. For the rest you can put whatever you want. Beware of user experience though. A unified button has the advantage of beeing easily understandable by everyone.
TatharNuar

Post by TatharNuar »

gouxim wrote:Yes you can:
gouxim wrote:

Wouldn't it be smart to have a bookmark image specifically for these buttons? A star could mean a number of things, but an open book with a bookmark in it would have a clear purpose.

EDIT: Actually, a heart icon would work too, since "bookmarks" and "favorites" are synonyms in this context.
The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

IE, FF, Chrome and Opera (and this is a non-exhaustive list) are using a star for bookmarks/favorites, I think it's a good enough reason for choosing a star too ^_^
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
TatharNuar

Post by TatharNuar »

I guess that's fine then, but I'm going to use StateFavourite instead for my button.

Looking at the link, I can't figure out what the 42=(stuff) part is for. What is that? Also, my bookmark keeps displaying as a raw Manialink in the bookmarks menu, instead of the name I gave it. I'd like to fix that.

Return to “Ingame Publishing”