ManiaPub in Maniaplanet: it starts now!

Discuss all the publishing tools, including ManiaHome, ManiaPub, ManiaFlash and ManiaPress in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

TatharNuar

Re: ManiaPub in Maniaplanet: it starts now!

Post by TatharNuar » 28 Dec 2012, 05:34

I've created an ad and two campaigns now. Just gotta wait for them to validate.

TatharNuar

Post by TatharNuar » 30 Dec 2012, 06:36

TatharNuar wrote:I've created an ad and two campaigns now. Just gotta wait for them to validate.
It's been a couple days, and nothing's changed. How long does it take to validate?

TatharNuar

Re: ManiaPub in Maniaplanet: it starts soon!

Post by TatharNuar » 30 Dec 2012, 07:15

gouxim wrote:
fastforza wrote:You don't seem to realise that planets have no purpose; they're a collectible. For me at least.
The real purpose of the Planets (same for the Coppers), is to be a tool to stimulate content creation.
That's the thing though. The way Planets are being used now doesn't accomplish this goal very well because the content creators have little need for other people's content because they're satisfied with their own stuff, and the recipients of that content have few Planets to purchase content with. There's also the opportunity to subvert the system through Mania-Exchange and other means of getting content for free, and so Planets really are largely useless.

If Nadeo was to make Planets more widely used and more widely available, then it would be more useful for getting additional content made while also making Planets worth obtaining for people who are content consumers. Earning Planets for playing games against other players will help as a Planets fountain, while making all content require paying a minimum amount of Planets to the creators would be a decent Planets sink. Servers should not be exempt from the Planets sink either, but Economical Points should be removed since they make it very difficult to save up for something desirable.

In fact, if Nadeo offered an official Mania-Exchange and Carpark alternative that uses Manialinks and requires content creators to charge Planets for their creations, then Planets would be more useful. Require a minimum of 10 Planets per track, 100 Planets per 2D car skin, 500 Planets per 3D car model, 1000 Planets for a title pack, and so on. Don't be afraid to set minimums that encourage people to save up for content; with Economical Points removed and playing the game giving players Planets, the higher prices wouldn't be a problem. Nadeo already does that with the few things they offer for a large sum of Planets, mostly to do with servers, but they're one-off expenses that are few and far between. If we had more stuff to spend Planets on, then Planets would be more useful and people will be more willing to create content to obtain Planets with too.

Anyway, I'm planning on doing my part to make Planets more useful with my server plugins, but it's really up to Nadeo to do the majority of the work.

zarexz

Post by zarexz » 30 Dec 2012, 10:42

TatharNuar wrote: In fact, if Nadeo offered an official Mania-Exchange and Carpark alternative that uses Manialinks and requires content creators to charge Planets for their creations, then Planets would be more useful. Require a minimum of 10 Planets per track, 100 Planets per 2D car skin, 500 Planets per 3D car model, 1000 Planets for a title pack, and so on
Exactly that. You couldn't have written it any better. Don't get me wrong, I do like the fact there is a carpark and a track-exchange site practicaly giving away everything for free but that doesn't help the value of planets at all. Aslong these sites exist, planets are of very low value if not useless. On the other hand, we must also watch out for the fact that this game is about racing/skateboarding and not about gathering planets. Greedy people ain't fun to hang around with...

TatharNuar

Post by TatharNuar » 30 Dec 2012, 21:41

zarexz wrote:
TatharNuar wrote: In fact, if Nadeo offered an official Mania-Exchange and Carpark alternative that uses Manialinks and requires content creators to charge Planets for their creations, then Planets would be more useful. Require a minimum of 10 Planets per track, 100 Planets per 2D car skin, 500 Planets per 3D car model, 1000 Planets for a title pack, and so on
Exactly that. You couldn't have written it any better. Don't get me wrong, I do like the fact there is a carpark and a track-exchange site practicaly giving away everything for free but that doesn't help the value of planets at all. Aslong these sites exist, planets are of very low value if not useless. On the other hand, we must also watch out for the fact that this game is about racing/skateboarding and not about gathering planets. Greedy people ain't fun to hang around with...
Actually, you just mentioned two opposites with no middle ground here. If you make Planets useful, then people will be more interested in gathering Planets, and some will be greedy about it. You can't find a sweet spot to this, because there is no middle ground. However, greed isn't necessarily a bad thing, since the greedy players will eventually find something they really want to spend those Planets on and the Planets will go back into circulation. So, which would you prefer, greedy players or useless Planets?

zarexz

Post by zarexz » 31 Dec 2012, 12:08

TatharNuar wrote:Actually, you just mentioned two opposites with no middle ground here ... You can't find a sweet spot to this, because there is no middle ground ... So, which would you prefer, greedy players or useless Planets
Hmmzz.. It seems I did mention two opposites indeed :?
I guess I'd prefer neither options. I think best of the worst is having usefull planets :roll:

mrmim
Translator
Translator

Post by mrmim » 13 Mar 2013, 18:14

Hi :)
Sorry for Bumping this post again.
I really enjoy to look at others creativity, but it is really hard to discover new creations inside maniaplanet.
At the moment, only 1 spot is shown, and you have to press f5 to make it change.
Would it be possible to make a "discover new bookmarks" page, like in tmnu? Or maybe adding more spots for advertisement in maniahome.
Just suggestions. :oops:
Cheerz Mim

Image Image Image Image

If you like my stuff. Vote a maniastar for me.

mrmim
Translator
Translator

Post by mrmim » 14 Mar 2013, 03:54

Sorry for my ignorence. I didn't see this topic : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 62&t=17639

Image Image Image Image

If you like my stuff. Vote a maniastar for me.

Return to “Ingame Publishing”