What I think is lacking right now

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

MuNgLo

What I think is lacking right now

Post by MuNgLo »

What I think is lacking right now..

First of I do know this is not just ML issues. Most of it infact needs to be implemented on the serverside first. But I'm not sure where exactly to post this.

What I still lack to get any decent statistics out of the server is better callbacks from gamemodescript. In my case it's specifically Elite related. In elite you have no onPlayerDeath being called, just on onplayerFrag. This makes it so you can't track suicides(backspace/respawn) or drowning(off bounce area) deaths.
Also there really should be attacker/defender flags stuck to the logins on pretty much all callbacks.
For now I will have to track who uses rockets and make assumptions from that and so on. Not a good way to do it really.
Alternatively and probably better is to tell which teamid is attacking on turnstart and then use teamid for hits/frags and so on.
Oh and on any hit I would love to get the range to in the feedback.

Moving outside the gamemodescript I really miss better handling of the server via the xml interface. Seems that it just assumes you run ML and server on same computer. Shouldn't the philosophy be to have all serverhandling go through the server xml interface and not forcing solutions where plugins assume they run on same computer and so on.
In my case I feel that it really needs a getAvailable maps method.
Having to setup a list inside the plugin with no dynamic relationship to the servers actual maps is not a good solution.

And for ManiaLive I'd like to see a better handling of the serverconnection. As it is now you can get a silent fail with no feedback whatsoever and only place you see that ML isn't running is as a player on the gameserver. This happened frequentlly when I connected a ML from sweden to a german server. How frequently and so on is hard to say since you would have to manually watch it. :)

I know there was some other stuff I'd been thinking of related to the callbacks. But my memory fails me.

This is not meant as any critique but more like suggestions/requests and no negativity is intended. I just tried to keep if fairly short and on point.
If there is anything to unclear or so feel free to ask me to rant more about it. :)

Keep up the good work

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”