Dedimania Widget ??? - or - the most simple server possible?

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

giu

Dedimania Widget ??? - or - the most simple server possible?

Post by giu »

Hey there!
After being through (x)asecos and almost every plugin i am currently planning on something very simple.
I am currenty running ManiaLive r267. I already tested the freezone plugin succesfully but i do have freezone disabled at the moment. The only plugin i have loaded now is "STANDARD/DEDIMANIA" which seems to work fine (althoug i haven't seen anybody driving a new dedirec yet ;) )
What i really would love to have in adition to the Standard/Dedimania Plugin is a Widget (just like in aseco/fufi widgets) to display the always up to date dedimania recs on screen while racing.
I have no clue how to achieve this, so any help would be appreciated here :)
I would love to have a very very simple server with basically nothing but the Dedimania option on it. Possible?
Thx

Giu
TatharNuar

Re: Dedimania Widget ??? - or - the most simple server possi

Post by TatharNuar »

Possible, yes, but you'll need someone to create the widget plugin for you, and you might have to do it yourself, as I don't think people are actively supporting Manialive 1 anymore.

PHP isn't too hard to learn if you read the entire PHP manual, and poking around the code of the Dedimania plugin would help you figure out the basics of the plugin. The hard part is the Manialive API, since r267 has several major (and barely documented!) differences from 2.5. Dedimania also has its own API to learn too, and I haven't checked to see how hard that one is to learn. However, if you want to learn how to make server plugins and you're new to PHP, Manialive is probably your best choice since the plugins are easier to understand than plugins for other server controllers, and once you know how, you'll be able to make your server as simple or complex as you want.

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”