Dedicated Server API Client Communication

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Re: Dedicated Server API Client Communication

Post by steeffeen »

w1lla wrote:where it seems to be based on everyplayerconnect aswell as certain callbacks.
i don't really understand what you want to say, sorry
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    w1lla

Post by w1lla »

based on this:

Code: Select all

[13-Jul-2014 15:25:29 UTC] [ManiaControl EXCEPTION]: Connection timed out while reading header
    Class: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\TransportException
    Trace:
    #0: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->onIoFailure(string(while reading header)) in File core/Libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Xmlrpc/GbxRemote.php on Line 225
    #1: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->readMessage() in File core/Libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Xmlrpc/GbxRemote.php on Line 200
    #2: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->flush(boolean(1)) in File core/Libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Xmlrpc/GbxRemote.php on Line 130
    #3: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->query(string(GetMaxPlayers), array()) in File core/Libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Connection.php on Line 153
    #4: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection->execute(string(GetMaxPlayers), array(), boolean()) in File core/Libs/Maniaplanet/DedicatedServer/Connection.php on Line 1591
    #5: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection->getMaxPlayers() in File plugins/MCTeam/WidgetPlugin.php on Line 314
    #6: MCTeam\WidgetPlugin->displayServerInfoWidget() in File plugins/MCTeam/WidgetPlugin.php on Line 534
    #7: MCTeam\WidgetPlugin->updateWidgets(object(ManiaControl\Players\Player))
    #8: call_user_func_array(array(object(MCTeam\WidgetPlugin), string(updateWidgets)), array(object(ManiaControl\Players\Player))...) in File core/Callbacks/Listening.php on Line 62
    #9: ManiaControl\Callbacks\Listening->triggerCallbackWithParams(array(object(ManiaControl\Players\Player))) in File core/Callbacks/CallbackManager.php on Line 289
    I think you might have slight issues in the part of getting maxPlayers or on PlayerConnect as where the player information gets updated.
    TM² Info
    SM Info
    QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
    Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
    RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
    Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
    KB: Logitech G510s
    Mouse: Logitech G300s
    Mode Creation
    ManiaScript Docs
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

thanks

well we have pretty much no idea what we should change or improve because we are basically only executing calls and callbacks
    i don't think we are doing anything special
    and the spots where it happens aren't special in any way either, at least that seems to be the case

(to make that clear: i'm NOT saying "we are perfect and there is no possibility of an error on our side", we just can't think of a possible error ^^)
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
      The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

Though I agree Spl data structures are really great, the performance gain doesn't worth it in this case. As the main loop is fetching callbacks 60 times per second in ManiaLive and even more in ManiaControl, the buffer is often empty and rarely longer than a few callbacks. A SplQueue begins to be really more efficient when working with larger data, like hundreds of elements.
      RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
      CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
      Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
      GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
      HDD: WD Black 1TB
      Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
      Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
      oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

Hi I just started to check out eXpansion with PHP7 and well it doesen't look good.

The issue is with special characters, I tried the fallowing code :

require __DIR__ . '/vendor/autoload.php';

$connection =  Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection::factory('127.0.0.1', 5005, 5, 'SuperAdmin', 'SuperAdmin');

$connection->chatSendServerMessage('Héllo £world');
      And in maniaplanet I don't see the "é" and the "£" properly.

For information I tried the latest version here : https://github.com/NewboO/dedicated-server-api

I am running with PHP7 :

PHP 7.0.3 (cli) (built: Feb  2 2016 14:41:10) ( NTS )
      Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
      Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
      I also checked with the original dedicated server : https://github.com/maniaplanet/dedicated-server-api

and have the same issue with the original dedicated server api as well.

Not sure what causes it because it works fine for other applications so I don't think my PHP7 installation is causing it.
      Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
      The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

First thing first, my fork has been merged a few months ago (Jun 22, 2015 more precisely) so there's no reason to still rely on my repository ;)

Anyway, are you sure your file is UTF-8 encoded? Depending on your IDE/text editor, it may default to another encoding so that's the first thing you should check.
      RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
      CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
      Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
      GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
      HDD: WD Black 1TB
      Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
      Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”