Opening of Mania-Circuit by Drakonia

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

TheM

Re: Opening of Mania-Circuit by Drakonia

Post by TheM »

UrinStein wrote:I guess they actually made it public already, for the Cup Organisers to get in contact with Drakonia, so that they can feed their system with actual data.
Maybe they should start contacting cup organizers themselves... ;)
They use logos on their site, but I have big doubts that they have contacted them (at least, I'm not aware they contacted us).

I also don't know how it'll work out, it seems that they'll organize tournaments themselves, so they actually become competitors to the other tournament organizes (... ;)).
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
TheM

Post by TheM »

I've also the following things about the organisation schedule:
- You might want to note something like "logos are subject to respective owners copyright" - and maybe ask if you are allowed to use them (I suspect the system is going to be commercial).
- You have ESWC as competition that feeds the circuit, but you have "World Cup" on the top of the schedule. I hope you're not going to "replace" ESWC as World Cup. Make that explicit on the site, put the ESWC logo with the World Cup image.
- It seems that you have circuit, which is used by national competitions, which qualify for the international competitions, which qualify for the World Cup. What about the national qualifiers for the World Cup? Who is going to organize all these national and international competitions?

Do you understand that if you'll organize these tournaments, you'll be come a massive competitor to the organisations listed below in your schedule? What is the point about having another "major" tournament organizer in a system that is already quite full if you see how many players we have playing? How is that going to fit into the normal yearly schedule of Stadium, for example?

TIP: make things clear IN ENGLISH before releasing such websites. It now raises a lot of questions, which you might've already answered in your French rulebook...
NaiKicoule

Post by NaiKicoule »

Hello everyone,

I'm Nino from the Drakonia Staff.

I will try to answer the questions I noticed. My english is not perfect, excuse me in advance ^^

1) The english translation of the regulations and the ethics code is ongoing and happens in the coming days.
2) We are currently working to include all the TM communities, but first we concentrate on the communities which will be at the Gamers Assembly.
3) Replace the login by the Nickname IG is in project.
4) We will contact the competitions organizers in the coming days. Discussions have already been held with some.
5) In a near future, we will not organise our own competitions. We prefer to focus on the Maniacircuit, but later we could organize occasionnal competitions.
6) For now, we are not able to say who will be considered as the World Cup.

To sum up, there are still things who need to be defined and we are working on, remember it's in beta :D
TheM

Post by TheM »

NaiKicoule wrote:To sum up, there are still things who need to be defined and we are working on, remember it's in beta :D
Your concept should stand before you open a beta.
Betas are to test if things work, not as period to develop your concept further.

I'll ask again: how should we see the national and international competitions and what is the World Cup, is it the ESWC?
If you won't organize the competitions, who are going to organize these national and international competitions, as you put them on your site? Or are these the competitions which are currently already running?
novationx

Post by novationx »

TheM wrote:
NaiKicoule wrote:To sum up, there are still things who need to be defined and we are working on, remember it's in beta :D
Your concept should stand before you open a beta.
Betas are to test if things work, not as period to develop your concept further.

I'll ask again: how should we see the national and international competitions and what is the World Cup, is it the ESWC?
If you won't organize the competitions, who are going to organize these national and international competitions, as you put them on your site? Or are these the competitions which are currently already running?
Ty TheM, I stand by u:)
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
lebossnico1001

Post by lebossnico1001 »

3) Replace the login by the Nickname IG is in project.
Great :D
NaiKicoule

Post by NaiKicoule »

The Maniacircuit aims to group the competitions organizers under a common ranking. That will allow every players to participate to a common circuit.

For now, the Maniacircuit is in experimentation until the Gamers Assembly. We worked with the ESWC for years and our objective is to propose to the community a great final. But the ESWC hasn't announce if there will be Track or Shoot this year, so we are not able to say if the final will be host by them. Several organizers have the means to make a World Cup, we just try to offer the highest possible . We want to offer the best to the community, so for now we can't give you more informations.

We have a question : Previously you say that if we organize our competition, we will do unfair competition. Can you explain why ?
TheM

Post by TheM »

NaiKicoule wrote:We have a question : Previously you say that if we organize our competition, we will do unfair competition. Can you explain why ?
Nope. I said that if you would organize these tournaments, you would be a competitor for the tournaments that are providing the rankings to the circuit. This prompted me to question if the tournament-organizers would be so helpful if you were to organize these national and international competitions (which I misunderstood to be new competitions - or are these new competitions?).
Edster

Post by Edster »

TheM wrote:
NaiKicoule wrote:We have a question : Previously you say that if we organize our competition, we will do unfair competition. Can you explain why ?
Nope. I said that if you would organize these tournaments, you would be a competitor for the tournaments that are providing the rankings to the circuit. This prompted me to question if the tournament-organizers would be so helpful if you were to organize these national and international competitions (which I misunderstood to be new competitions - or are these new competitions?).
The way I understood it was that they're trying to rank players based on their results in existing competitions; to host new competitions on top of maintaining the rankings would be a little much I think, especially considering the different styles of play.

All this talk about ESWC makes me think it's just for tech and dirt tournaments though, and that it will only feature the players that take part in that, which in my opinion is a shame as that wouldn't be truly a 'world' ranking. (I.E. Not inclusive of everyone)

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”