Releasing Plugins for ManiaLive

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

aseco

Releasing Plugins for ManiaLive

Post by aseco »

How to Release ManiaLive Plugins

Okay, you have written a plugin and want to be able to tell everyone who's using it that there's a new version?
With the new ManiaLive version you don't have to implement your own logic/code to achieve that!
There are two things that you need to do:

1. Create an entry for your plugin(s) on the "manialive" ManiaLink.
You need to enter an address where the new version of your plugin can be found.
Further more you can give additional information as description or if you have posted something on a forum, just enter the link.
To finish your process click on the category that suits your plugin, which can be either Feature, Administration, Entertainment or Package if your .zip contains more than one plugin.
If you click on the category and you succeeded it will show a yellow number. Remember the number or write it on a piece of paper, this is your Repository Id.

2. In you plugin class there is a method called onInit.
This method is used to configure all of your plugin's properties that are important for the ManiaLive loading process.
You have access to two more methods now:

Code: Select all

function onInit()
{
  $this->setRepositoryId(23); // set your repository id here!
  $this->setRepositoryVersion(57); // set a version number here.
}
If you do not use setRepositoryVersion, then it will use the plugin's normal version that you can set with setVersion().

How to Release Updates

1. Go to the manialive ManiaLink again.
Find the entry that you have created for you plugin(s).
You will realize, that if you are logged in with the same account that has created the repository entry, you will be able to edit or delete it.

2. Click on edit to change the download location, forum post address and of course the version number.
As soon as the version number of the repository entry is bigger than the one that is installed on the users computer, ManiaLive will start alerting.
i7 920 | Nvidia GTX260 | 4Gb DDR3
www.floschnell.de | I like that comic
aseco

Re: Releasing Plugins for ManiaLive

Post by aseco »

Getting Started

If you want to get started with developing on ManiaLive, then you can do your first steps with the TMKarma plugin: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=703
Due to a whole bunch of comments and it's simplicity, the code should be beginner friendly and perfect for extension.

It will explain the basics of ManiaLive plugins like: window creation, event processing and exception handling.
Hope it helps and don't hesitate to leave comments and/or suggestions :-)
i7 920 | Nvidia GTX260 | 4Gb DDR3
www.floschnell.de | I like that comic
TatharNuar

Post by TatharNuar »

The "manialive" Manialink doesn't work. Give it a try.
The_Big_Boo

Post by The_Big_Boo »

Indeed, because it doesn't exist in ManiaPlanet, only in TMF ;) Don't know if we'll do it in ManiaPlanet or not...
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
TatharNuar

Post by TatharNuar »

The_Big_Boo wrote:Indeed, because it doesn't exist in ManiaPlanet, only in TMF ;) Don't know if we'll do it in ManiaPlanet or not...
It's worth a shot. Otherwise I'll have to manage my own plugin repository and maintain it. I'd rather just spend that time making plugins.

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”