ManiaHost 1.0 beta

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

farfa
Nadeo
Nadeo

ManiaHost 1.0 beta

Post by farfa »

Fellow coders,
We're releasing ManiaHost for Maniaplanet, an application that you host and that allows players to rent dedicated servers with Planets - giving you additional Planets revenues.

ManiaHost consists of a Manialink where people can come and rent servers for a given amount of time (for as little as 1 hour). The backend of ManiaHost is responsible for starting the Dedicated Servers, handling transactions, etc.

Free, open-source and written in PHP, you'll need the following items to run a ManiaHost instance:
  • A server running Lunix or Windows (see documentation for more requirements)
  • A Maniaplanet player account
  • Dedicated Server logins
As it's only a beta, it obviously lack features for now. For example players cannot upload their own tracks for now. As always with our open source projects, we'll regularly release new versions with bug fixes and new features.
You get started with ManiaHost by reading the documentation on the project Website: http://code.google.com/p/maniahost/

As always, questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome.
Have fun!
Also known as: satanasdiabolo
Jojo_44

Re: ManiaHost 1.0 beta

Post by Jojo_44 »

Hi,

it´s a nice idea but I have some questions concerning this:
farfa wrote:The backend of ManiaHome is responsible for starting the Dedicated Servers, handling transactions, etc.
ManiaHome ? What have MH to do with this ? And I also don´t get the part "starting the dedicated servers". I thought the server is running all the time and if someone books your server, he just become admin rights. I can´t imagine that your script starts the dedicated server.

Another thing: I need to promote my maniahost manialink myself, why not make a "global" ml for everyone ? And you can also only use manialive as controller, that´s a point, where the most people say: go away ;) Mainly because there is already a server hoster where you can do this for free (http://trackmaniaserver.org/home) and where you can use xaseco.

You see, there are some things I don´t understand. And I think there are a lot of people with the same thoughts outside, so maybe you can tell us a little bit more details.

Thanks,

Jojo
my english sounds very unfriendly but it isn´t ;)
farfa
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by farfa »

It's a mistake, it should be ManiaHost backend, thanks for the report.

Your server is always turn off, and it starts when someone rent it. The ManiaHost plugin for ManiaLive is responsible for this. The player don't have any rights on the rented server atm. Once the server is created, you can't edit the track list or the server configurations. This should come in a future version.

Concerning the controller you need the latest version of ManiaLive (included in the package) to turn on and off your servers. But you still can use XAseco or FAST or any other controller in complement. But be aware that we had to change some stuff on ManiaLive to handle the "waiting" status of the dedicated server, so it's very probable that others controller will be instable with this feature.
Also known as: satanasdiabolo
xGEKKOx

Post by xGEKKOx »

Why this new thing?
Is not enough to do a Player Page panel where you need to pay planets?
Why we need to use ManiaLive?
There will be a new FreeZone also here? :(
TPS Gaseco - iPhone TM Remote Controller - GOS Coder
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

xGEKKOx wrote:Why this new thing?
Is not enough to do a Player Page panel where you need to pay planets?
Why we need to use ManiaLive?
There will be a new FreeZone also here? :(
I think you don't get the point. This is a tool so that someone that have spare ressources on a machine can spawn a ManiaHost instance allowing other players to come and rent servers with Planets. For the one hosting ManiaHost, it gives Planets revenues ; for the ones renting, it is a very simple way to have a dedicated server (no need to configure anything).
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
xGEKKOx

Post by xGEKKOx »

So this tool is a web tool that is a control panel for the renters?
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

You host a Manialink and a backend with dedicated server binaries and Manialive. People come on your Manialink and pay Planets to have a dediated server started.
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
xGEKKOx

Post by xGEKKOx »

Ah ok for the explanaition. Now i understand.
Do you think this will create more new empty servers?
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

This thread is not about the audience of ManiaPlanet, it has already been widely discussed and Hylis explained our ambition several times. Please keep this thread for ManiaHost related questions and support.

If you really are totally against ManiaHost, you're welcome to create another thread to share your point of view though. ;)
xGEKKOx

Post by xGEKKOx »

Sorry Gouxim, i didn't wanted to say this.
I hope the server renters will get paid for their service. I mean real money and not Planets.
As i am a server renter (not for TM anymore since 1,5 years) i just asked to understand what the other server renters like me will do with this script.
That's all.

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”