ManiaLive 3.1.0

Discuss the Dedicated Server Tools developed by Nadeo Live such as ManiaLive, Trust Circles, Dedicated Manager, Competition Manager and Lobbies

Moderator: NADEO

The_Big_Boo

Re: ManiaLive 3.1.0

Post by The_Big_Boo »

About unknown logins:
I'm not sure to remember what happens when giving a list of logins including one which isn't valid anymore or when using multicall with one call being concerned by a unknown login. Does it fail for all logins and all calls? If it doesn't, then the exception should indeed be catched (and ignored?) in the GUIHandler. If it does, then the dedicated server itself is faulty because ultimately, "unknown login" will happen whatever the way you handle things.

About size issue:
Do you get an exception saying the request is too large? Because it should tell you before executing the call. Anyway, if it's indeed an issue with manialinks being too large, I don't see what can be done...
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair @ 1600MHz
CPU: Intel i5 760 @ 3.6GHz
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E
GPU: NVidia GTX 760 2GB
HDD: WD Black 1TB
Sound: VIA VT1828S (onboard)
Peripherals: Razer DeathAdder - Razer DeathStalker - Logitech F310
oliverde8

Re: ManiaLive 3.1.0

Post by oliverde8 »

The_Big_Boo wrote:About unknown logins:
I'm not sure to remember what happens when giving a list of logins including one which isn't valid anymore or when using multicall with one call being concerned by a unknown login. Does it fail for all logins and all calls? If it doesn't, then the exception should indeed be catched (and ignored?) in the GUIHandler. If it does, then the dedicated server itself is faulty because ultimately, "unknown login" will happen whatever the way you handle things.
The unknown login will cause some players not to see the widgets so I suspect that there is something to do with the order of the multicalls & logins. That is why we had to resend each window individually if we have a fail. It needs some more testing I am not sure if the sendManialink function with list of logins is at fault or the multicall. But both cases for me should have worked.
The_Big_Boo wrote: About size issue:
Do you get an exception saying the request is too large? Because it should tell you before executing the call. Anyway, if it's indeed an issue with manialinks being too large, I don't see what can be done...
Well the guiHandler send all manialinks of one user in one call putting multiple manialink in the manialinks tag. and if that single sendManialink call with let's say 10 manialink is to big there are no errors, it simply doesen't show. The strange part about it is that the size of the Ml is quite low, compared to tha max request size.
That is why we tried to split it, but we still have issues and I don't know where it might come from.

Maybe Maniaplanet has simply a limit in total size of Manialinks?
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

Return to “Dedicated Server Tools”