Implement ManiaLinks in VisualBasic-Software?

Talk about ManiaLink development in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Implement ManiaLinks in VisualBasic-Software?

Post by Florenzius »

Hey there,

I'm testing VisualBasic a bit and made some things already. Just watch my german tutorial "how to make a tmt-troll". I had the idea to create a ManiaLink-Viewer. I just wanted to open a manialink (interface of it) with a visual-basic-form. So i uploaded my seaside-interface-xml-file to my webhost and had the adress. But does anyone know hot to implement the xml-file into the form and does it work? Or have I to include the maniaPlanet textures in the resources-file?

Thanks in advance,
Florenzius

##EDIT## Here you can see my software: https://youtu.be/R_vWhjSo6F4
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Re: Implement ManiaLinks in VisualBasic-Software?

Post by Florenzius »

adamkooo2 wrote:
ManiaDesign wrote:I had the idea to create a ManiaLink-Viewer. I just wanted to open a manialink (interface of it)
sorry but I was my idea,
and you said: "you can´t (I can´t) do it because nadeo doen´t allow it" :roflol:

but I like the idea :thumbsup: ,so nevermind ;)

my tip:
-you should try to implement the manialink language into the code
Did I said, nadeo has forbidden it to me? :|

No, I didn't.

And the "language" is XML. And i can't implement it
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
ionic

Post by ionic »

Hello,

Florenzius and me are creating this project and please don't say it's yours and if you have something against it just write me a pm. :x

regards
adamkooo2

Post by adamkooo2 »

ionic wrote:Hello,

Florenzius and me are creating this project and please don't say it's yours and if you have something against it just write me a pm. :x

regards
Sorry man :oops:
/\rkady
ionic

Post by ionic »

please can anyone help us? It would be nice :thumbsup:
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

How the guys from tmladder got it to make a ml-viewer? It's hard, but to do it ONLINE is harder, but they used html and i don't have any html-knowledge. I found a manialink, that works and the ml is showed. It's not the most beautiful manialink but it works.

Here a picture: http://i.imgur.com/AeY2raD.png

So it must be possible in visual basic. I just included the (for example) xml-file from trackmania lake but how to include it in an empty windows form? And the second problem will be: In the xml-file are many names of the ManiaPlanet-textures. But it's only the xml, so if it's in a form no later than then must be an error, because many resources are missing.

So, how they got them? I don't know who made this, but maybe he's on the forum here...

If anyone can help, please write it :thx:

Best regards,
Florenzius
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
Electron

Post by Electron »

The best and fastest way to only view a local stored ManiaLink XML file is to use the ManiaPlanet game client itself.
Simply enter the path to the XML file into the ManiaPlanet address bar in the following form:

Code: Select all

file://Media\Manialinks\MyManialink.xml
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Electron wrote:The best and fastest way to only view a local stored ManiaLink XML file is to use the ManiaPlanet game client itself.
Simply enter the path to the XML file into the ManiaPlanet address bar in the following form:

Code: Select all

file://Media\Manialinks\MyManialink.xml
Thanks for the answer, but the idea was, to view manialinks without maniaplanet in a software. Do you think it's possible?
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
Electron

Post by Electron »

ManiaDesign wrote:Thanks for the answer, but the idea was, to view manialinks without maniaplanet in a software. Do you think it's possible?
It is possible. Search for Manialink Designer and Manialinks Editor, two WYSIWIG Manialink editors for TM1 as further examples.

But such a project needs a lot of planning. You need to consider how to implement the xml elements, how to translate the coordinate system, implement the layers, support style sheets and so on.
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Electron wrote:
ManiaDesign wrote:Thanks for the answer, but the idea was, to view manialinks without maniaplanet in a software. Do you think it's possible?
It is possible. Search for Manialink Designer and Manialinks Editor, two WYSIWIG Manialink editors for TM1 as further examples.

But such a project needs a lot of planning. You need to consider how to implement the xml elements, how to translate the coordinate system, implement the layers, support style sheets and so on.
Puhh, that sound like many work... Maybe I do it^^
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT

Return to “ManiaLink”