Solution for stretched interface?

Talk about ManiaLink development in this forum

Moderator: NADEO

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Solution for stretched interface?

Post by Dommy »

We all know that manialinks are stretched on resolutions with different aspect ratio than 16/9. Since it's way common problem here and quad ratio keeping doesn't help very much, I have a simple suggestion for Nadeo regarding manialinks.

Make the game display manialinks just like media players do with movies: fit 16/9 manialinks in different resolutions. If screen is wider, center manialink horizontally and resize it to full height. If screen is thinner, center manialink vertically and resize it to full width.

Moreover, option to change manialink align to top, bottom, left and right would also be useful for some HUD elements placement, like gauges in ShootMania and status bar.

Nadeo, please think about it. It would fix problems of playing the game on Eyefinity or Surround setups. :thumbsup:
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Solution for stretched interface?

Post by Hylis »

I agree it's good to try to find a solution, but I would rather look for a solution that would make manialink simpler. Something like define a main UI window for really wide setting and inside the manialink there is already the constant ratio for circle staying circle.

Return to “ManiaLink”