MapEdit - A blockmixing tool for Maniaplanet games

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

TGYoshi

MapEdit - A blockmixing tool for Maniaplanet games

Post by TGYoshi »

MapEdit is a new blockmixing tool for every Maniaplanet game, which will edit .Map.Gbx files using an external application and save them with modified values, as specified by you.

Unlike other related tools (e.g. ChallengeEdit) this tool writes data back to the file from nothing and does not save file "positions". Basically this allows things like block adding, removing, renaming etc. straight from inside the application.

Besides, it is able to display some additional information about your map.

Anyway, some screenshots.

A short guide on how to get started quickly.
1. File -> Open your map
2. Select a block, at the right hand side modify it's values (modifying positions is easiest). Hit apply when you're done.
3. File -> Save your map
Note: Back your map up regulary when using this tool (also if you do not use it, by the way). I can not garantuee that it always works, even though I've tested it a lot.

Download
Binaries (The application itself) - v3
For TMT: Binaries
Source code

Changes
1. v1 (minor) - Fixed the crash when a map is opened with music.
2. v1 (minor) - Fixed a crash when the block list view should reload without a map loaded. Added shortcuts.
3. v2 - Updated to Qt 5.3.2, fixed parser bugs regarding unassigned blocks (affecting especially Valley), added new classes used in newer Maniaplanet updates allowing new maps to be loaded too, added toggle for ghostblock-value.
4. v3 - Special blocks/clips listing, ground variant checkbox, hex flags input.

Future
This application is not yet fully completed, but so far it allows blockmixing in any title/environment. In the future I plan adding ways to edit other data stored in the gbx file, like modifying custom objects' positions etc.
If you feel like contributing to the application, you can do so through Github (see the source code link).

Enjoy :3.
Last edited by TGYoshi on 28 Mar 2016, 12:06, edited 5 times in total.
=3
TMarc

Re: MapEdit - A blockmixing tool for Maniaplanet games

Post by TMarc »

awesome :3
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

Great Tool ! :D
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Elissar

Post by Elissar »

Seems promising :thumbsup: , I will test it soon !
Elissar

Post by Elissar »

Cuba.CZ
Translator
Translator

Post by Cuba.CZ »

Awesome work Tiggs! Thanks! :1010
Last edited by Cuba.CZ on 02 Jun 2013, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
bas_ekkelenkamp

Post by bas_ekkelenkamp »

Our savior!
xt3

Post by xt3 »

I highly like it though. If you/I add music the tool crashes each time I load that map. Also I found Y 9 the height Of the block to be Y 1 onChallengeEdit. Secound I find if I delete the unasigned block I can blockmixx the trackand load it but everything rasies up eight. So to fix it I need to lower every block by 10 + 2 to make it easy to do soo.

BlockDroping

Marker
Sroll: Block Order
LastChanged:<17,18,31> StadiumFabricCross1x1
Guide:
Math Y - 10 + 2

Y: 19 = 11
Y: 18 = 10
Y: 17 = 9

That's a guide, just use notepad and put that in it. It helps keep track of what you fixed. Secound Do you think you can fix the issues of it chrashes on some maps that has been imported and changed to Map files? Anywayts I love it! I also have one request. can you make it so we can change a block into another with the tool? I tried but the map wont load as the game says hat it cant find the blocks.
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

I have just uploaded a new version which will fix the crash when you open a map with music. You can redownload it from the same link. Thanks for reporting the bug.

I'm not entirely sure what your issue is with the block Y coordinate, I'm not completely understanding you. I do not recommend editing unassigned blocks tho, unless you edit the block above to a non-linked block.
You can use the Clone button to copy a block and edit it that way. It could help.
I also have one request. can you make it so we can change a block into another with the tool? I tried but the map wont load as the game says hat it cant find the blocks.
You can already do that, don't forget to hit apply. Keep in mind to set the flags parameter correctly too! The error you get is very likely related to flags if you're sure the block name is correct.
=3
phil13hebert

Post by phil13hebert »

I found a little bug. When you check the "Hide unassigned" at start, the application crash. :)
And if you could add shortcut for save(ctrl+s), open(ctrl+o), etc. :thumbsup:
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 798MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1536MB
Motherboard: Intel 0KM92T
Sound: 7.1
Peripherals: Logitech G510, SteelSeries sensei raw, Corsair vengeance 1500

Return to “General Tools”