Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

broric

Re: Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

Post by broric »

steeffeen wrote:@broric+nighthawk4571: added you as moderators, try /help next time
or /addmap mxid :thumbsup:
Hey Steeffeen i have tried adding some maps to the server using
/addmap 123456(mxid) and got error msg "icontrol doesn't have access to the maps directory"

i made sure i was adding the right enviro trk to the right server
IE valley map when in valley server, stadium in stadium and of course canyon trk in canyon

was there something i missed or has controller have a bug?

thanks
Rick
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

broric wrote:Hey Steeffeen i have tried adding some maps to the server using
/addmap 123456(mxid) and got error msg "icontrol doesn't have access to the maps directory"
hey
a few days ago i changed how the servers are hosted and forgot to check the map adding
before that change everything worked fine, gonna fix it during the day
thanks for the report :)

//Edit: it should work as expected now
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    fenix2

Post by fenix2 »

Hey steeffeen, just had to say your plugin controller workaround (to nadeos mess of segregating TM2 off to separate environments) is nothing short of amazing. Even if nadeo is working to do the same sort of TM2 united multi-env servers I feel like your method will be even better. Correct me if im wrong, but it seems to me like all you need is the titles of the multi-server.

Does this mean you could bridge titlepack to titlepack? Like having some RAID maps, some normal maps, some other titlepacks mixed in like Kata unlimited ect? If the answer is yes then this is some incredibly HUGE news!
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

Thanks for the kind words! :)

Yes all you need are several server.
    It would be possible to put other TrackMania title pack or even ShootMania server in the rotation without problems

Currently I run 1 game + 1 lobby server for each TM environment = 6 server
    I already thought about turning the lobbies in other game server as they aren't displayed in the TM server browser anyways

Actually I hope that my solution will be less attractive compared to Nadeo's solution because it takes time to properly maintain several server at once especially as you can't be sure that all of them always run as expected ^^
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
      fenix2

Post by fenix2 »

I can see what you mean, it would be a hassle trying to manage every title server if one went down. So ultimately it would be better if the game internally supported it on Nadeos side buuuuuut I have a feeling that their update will only cover the main games. IE contained in the TM2 official releases Canyon, Valley, Stadium but leave out all of the community titlepacks.

So maybe then we will have built in multi environment "United" like servers in the game but still have use of your great server switching plugin to enable the use of other community titlepacks on the same place. You would still have to set another server up like you do now, but on the plus side it would be much less to deal with.

You know the issue people ran into on using TMUnlimiter maps that were larger than the official game supported? If people tried to launch the map without having Unlimiter enabled it would crash them so no one could put them on online servers with other normal maps in case people joined without Unlimiter.

Now... imagine if someone made a titlepack that allowed the use of larger maps that TMunlimiter used to have. All someone would need to do is have both normal and "unlimited" titlepacks and use the server switch plugin. Suddenly people wouldnt have a reason to hate Unlimited maps anymore! Of course the game still kicks you out if you dont have the titlepack BUT if an Unlimiter 256 x 3 map titlepack is made it would make it more accessible to the public.

So while Nadeo is working on their own TM2 united, I think it will be with your plugin that we truly get a real united including the community titles.

Return to “General Tools”