Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

Cany42

Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

Post by Cany42 »

OTHER IDEA

MAKING A FUSION BETWEEN TRACKMANIA STADIUM 1 AND TRACKMANIA STADIUM 2 PLAYERS WOULD BE GREAT !

Gameplay synchronisation and stuff : MEANNING PLAYING LIVE ON STADIUM 1 vs STADIUM 2 ON SAME MAPS - IN THE FUTUR ONE DAY THIS WILL MAYBE BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE WE CAN ALREADY TODAY PLAY ON A TMU STADIUM MAP ON STADIUM^2 - Which is lacky is GAMEPLAY SYNCHRONISATION AND LIVE SYMOULTANOUS LIVE PLAY

I know it is hard stuff to make but my DREAM is that one day this will be possible

Thx for reading..
Last edited by tcq on 10 Oct 2013, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't use caps look for a whole post. Thank you!
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

you know that TMU/TMN and Stadium(2) are completely different games?

also: you know that you can turn off capslock?
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    TheM

Post by TheM »

Cany42 wrote:OTHER IDEA

MAKING A FUSION BETWEEN TRACKMANIA STADIUM 1 AND TRACKMANIA STADIUM 2 PLAYERS WOULD BE GREAT !

Gameplay synchronisation and stuff : MEANNING PLAYING LIVE ON STADIUM 1 vs STADIUM 2 ON SAME MAPS - IN THE FUTUR ONE DAY THIS WILL MAYBE BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE WE CAN ALREADY TODAY PLAY ON A TMU STADIUM MAP ON STADIUM^2 - Which is lacky is GAMEPLAY SYNCHRONISATION AND LIVE SYMOULTANOUS LIVE PLAY

I know it is hard stuff to make but my DREAM is that one day this will be possible

Thx for reading..
    It might be great, but it might be even greater to have the players from TMS1 coming to TMS2... ^^
    But indeed as steeffeen says: both are complete different games and will take serious programming skills to make it even a bit possible, which in the end will be a huge pain in the ass... :P
    Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
    Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
    ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
    Hubby

Post by Hubby »

TheM wrote:

Thx for reading..
    It might be great, but it might be even greater to have the players from TMS1 coming to TMS2... ^^
    But indeed as steeffeen says: both are complete different games and will take serious programming skills to make it even a bit possible, which in the end will be a huge pain in the ass... :P
    Never Ever Underestimate the power of the TM Community :twisted:
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

well i know how it's possible but it's nothing wanted to be achieved imho

firstdriver

Post by firstdriver »

Thx for reading..
      Mmmm ... Not really worth the effort methinks. Just make all options which are available in TMU (such as all the cars etc) available in TM2 just like the tracks. TMN couldn't really be included because of the 'Freezone/funding' problem but with the very low retail price of TM2 Stadium, that shouldn't be an issue... ( could always bring out a restricted demo with no online facility for those who like to 'try before they buy' :D )
      «DD®»ҒirstÐrive२

DDR WEBSITE .. http://www.teamddracing.com/

$i$f10«$ff1ÐÐ$f10®»
      hackie

Post by hackie »

steeffeen wrote:thanks for the feedback guys :)

@magnetik
      because i don't really like how most of the controllers are built
      they have always some weird stuff
      - ugly coding
      - not fully object oriented
      - ugly configuration
      - ugly extensibility
      - ugly coding

and as the controller has to manage several server at once the plugins and other stuff of existing controllers might screw up things by affecting the execution

//Edit: okay that sounds like i'm saying everyone but me is writing bad code -.- ^^
      that's obviously not true
      but some controllers have some bad code for sure
      anyways, that's only a small concern
      the main point though was the incompatibility with plugins etc
      the active server changes all the time and people would expect that every plugin of xaseco2 or manialive (for example) will work with my tool
      but i can't provide that, so it's better to build a new controller which will work 100% fine with the multi-envi tool
      Hey.

Nice work :3

Can Youre controller also be used for a normal server ? ( just a noob question )
      Can it already be downloaded ?
      System Specs:
      CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
      GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
      Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
      RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
      DirectX 11
      steeffeen
      Translator
      Translator

Post by steeffeen »

hackie wrote:Can Youre controller also be used for a normal server ? ( just a noob question )
      Can it already be downloaded ?
      it will work with normal server as well as the united/multi-envi thingy is just a plugin that can be turned off

so far it's not yet publicly available as it doesn't have many features yet
      but as I said it will be free to download in the future :thumbsup:

hackie

Post by hackie »

steeffeen wrote:so far it's not yet publicly available as it doesn't have many features yet
        but as I said it will be free to download in the future :thumbsup:
        Sounds great to me ! :pil

Thanks, btw ( like I said I'm a noob in coding but ) if you ever need help for testing stuff or ... ? ... just let me know.

Cya.
        System Specs:
        CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
        GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
        Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
        RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
        DirectX 11
        .Seki13

Post by .Seki13 »

Thx for reading..
        Why not doing TrackMania vs ATV. Madness Extended ?

Return to “General Tools”