Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

User avatar
steeffeen
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2472
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 16:22
Location: Germany

Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

Post by steeffeen » 23 Oct 2013, 20:03

i've just added support for dedimania records :)
also check out the lovely add-to-favorite button :lol:
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

    ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

    Kegulf
    Posts: 122
    Joined: 21 Nov 2010, 18:51

    Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

    Post by Kegulf » 04 Nov 2013, 15:26

    Steeffen, do you have a topic for your controller? If so move this post there someone xP
    If not, will you implement a fufi like thingy in your controller? Or something else with statistics?
    Most important for me, as the Obstacle fanboy I am, would have to be local records and record averages to get a top list of players (/top10 on devota).
    WnL»Kegulf
    TeamFounder of WnL


    Anything code related? Be patient, I am a noob :p


    My Nadeo games:
    TrackMania Nations ESWC
    TrackMania Nations + United Forever
    TrackMania 2 Canyon
    ShootMania Storm
    Trackmania 2 Stadium

    User avatar
    TMarc
    Posts: 14567
    Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
    Location: Europe
    Contact:

    Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

    Post by TMarc » 05 Nov 2013, 00:36

    Kegulf, until yet this is too new to have an own subforum ;)
    We could move this thread somewhere there if you prefer: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=295
    maniaplanet forum global moderator

    Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

    System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

    User avatar
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator
    Posts: 2472
    Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 16:22
    Location: Germany

    Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

    Post by steeffeen » 05 Nov 2013, 00:49

    i don't think that it's time for that yet because i currently can't work on it as i'm busy with other stuff

    furthermore it doesn't really look like the community actually wants an united server (at least when realised in the way of switching the server)
    the server is basically always empty.. i don't mind that because at first it was more or less only an experiment by myself (to test if i can do this stuff etc.)
    maybe it's simply because of the maps so i just want to point out again that i'm open to add community admins that will be able to add and remove maps

    about obstacle support: the only thing that's done so far is the "jump to cp"
    there isn't even sm support yet so don't expect anything in the next weeks(/months?)
    especially as there's so much more important stuff to do
    like actually releasing the obstacle title pack and RL stuff like some seminar papers

    also i'm kind of depressed because i don't like my own code either (as the way other controllers have been implemented was one of the reasons to make an own one ^.^)

    tl;dr:
    there isn't much going on with the tool for the next time because all my creativity is consuming too much time in other projects :D

    but thanks for the kind words and the support so far! :thx:
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

      ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

      User avatar
      nighthawk4571
      Posts: 453
      Joined: 20 Aug 2011, 06:39
      Location: QLD, Australia
      Contact:

      Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

      Post by nighthawk4571 » 06 Nov 2013, 22:51

      TMarc wrote:Kegulf, until yet this is too new to have an own subforum ;)
      We could move this thread somewhere there if you prefer: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=295
      I'd really like to get my hands on this plugin for my (linux) host, so I can mess with fun nights in mixed mode. This is brilliant and I would hate to see it fade away. Moving this thread to the Tools subforum would avoid a superb idea getting lost in the mountain of general forum posts... it's already got more posts than one of the controllers listed over there: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum. ... ef6d4d28e1

      Any worry about 'empty' servers: All admins have that feeling at times but most (like me) let that feeling pass and keep things running for the love of the game.

      Even if it's still only in basic development, I would beg on my knees to be able to test/ try/ run a fun server with this system. It would add to our list of server option - Bag Racing - servers that is; :thumbsup:

      Great work steeffeen - thanks! :yes:
      Nighthawk
      So now I'm getting old, forgetting most of what I ever learned !

      Image

      Admin: http://bagracing.freeforums.org/portal.php
      U-tUbe: https://www.youtube.com/user/bvnighthawk

      User avatar
      TMarc
      Posts: 14567
      Joined: 05 Apr 2011, 19:10
      Location: Europe
      Contact:

      Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

      Post by TMarc » 07 Nov 2013, 01:13

      nighthawk4571 wrote:Moving this thread to the Tools subforum would avoid a superb idea getting lost in the mountain of general forum posts...
      Moved and made sticky, this should do it ;)
      nighthawk4571 wrote: it's already got more posts than one of the controllers listed over there: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewforum.php?f=453
      Well, no one really knows where the development goes.
      nighthawk4571 wrote: Any worry about 'empty' servers: All admins have that feeling at times but most (like me) let that feeling pass and keep things running for the love of the game.
      Thats a great attitude and also makes out this community :thumbsup:

      But if you look at all the servers in the lists, it is quite sad that a huge lot is usually empty and rarely populated with 1,2 players, and only a few have good players count. Probably not even regularly.

      There should be more description of the servers already at the list browser.
      Only a colorful title is often not enough to tell what's going on there.
      But this is a different topic, and hopefully ManiaPlanet #3 will also have improvements on this side :)
      maniaplanet forum global moderator

      Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.

      System specs: Intel i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, Creative SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

      User avatar
      BusardCendre
      Posts: 163
      Joined: 30 May 2013, 09:40

      Re: Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

      Post by BusardCendre » 09 Nov 2013, 00:18

      Hi, just tried it ...

      Very Good Job !! :thumbsup:

      Please keep working on it , a multi Raid server would be so great !

      I'll try it as soon you release it :thx:

      User avatar
      broric
      Posts: 160
      Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 10:11

      Re: TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

      Post by broric » 09 Nov 2013, 12:34

      steeffeen wrote:
      furthermore it doesn't really look like the community actually wants an united server (at least when realised in the way of switching the server)
      the server is basically always empty.. i don't mind that because at first it was more or less only an experiment by myself (to test if i can do this stuff etc.)
      maybe it's simply because of the maps so i just want to point out again that i'm open to add community admins that will be able to add and remove maps:
      Hey Steeffeen
      I disagree that the community doesn't want united servers .. the problem is that 95% of them doesnt know about your server
      I finally got around to trying it out the other day and its as great.. many buddies soon joined and we had a good time
      so much fun to switch enviros and not get bored with the same one
      another thing was i added server to favourites via your big button and thru esc but next time i logged in it doesn't appear in my Fav list in any of the 3 titles. the only way to find it again was to use search function in server browser.
      As for the maps i agree they could use an update and would be willing to help out if you wanted.
      keep up the great work and remember the saying "build it and they will come" :thumbsup: :clap:
      Rick
      My System specs
      MB gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3, CPU= Amd Phenom X2 550 OC to 3.3ghz ,GPU- MSI-ATI 6850 Cyclone OC -830 mhz, RAM- 12 gig Kingston Hyper X cl9 DDR3 1600
      OS win7 ultimate 64 bit

      User avatar
      steeffeen
      Translator
      Translator
      Posts: 2472
      Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 16:22
      Location: Germany

      Re: Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

      Post by steeffeen » 09 Nov 2013, 13:17

      all of you: big thanks for the kind words!
      much appreciated!

      i wouldn't mind offering the tool already but the coding doesn't fit my own quality demands because it's made really quickly
      so i will have to ask you to wait and still use my server :/

      @broric+nighthawk4571: added you as moderators, try /help next time
      or /addmap mxid
      :thumbsup:
        Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

        ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

        User avatar
        tombuilder
        Posts: 319
        Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 10:33

        Re: Custom TM2 United/Multi-Envi Open Alpha

        Post by tombuilder » 11 Nov 2013, 10:00

        This is really great and the map/envi-change is much faster than I expected (almost the same as on a normal server).
        Awesome work!!!

        Post Reply

        Return to “General Tools”

        Who is online

        Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests