ManiaCalendar - API

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

toffe

Re: ManiaCalendar - API

Post by toffe »

You mean the tools for the documentation?
Just writing some html, in bootstrap.

And, the request, it's more like a plain request, maybe better to use ? or make a switcher to only see the full url. This seems like a POST body indeed

Edit: The whole system, PHP based, Fully MVC. Customized framework for API and response handling. Mostly OO.
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

I meant the tools for the api or the docs indeed. For instance we are using NelmioApiDoc for Symfony, which automatically generates the html docs, so i was wondering if you were using something like that. I'm a big fan of bootstrap myself :thumbsup:
Edit: The whole system, PHP based, Fully MVC. Customized framework for API and response handling. Mostly OO.
Nice to know, thanks for the info. Long live PHP :clap:

And, the request, it's more like a plain request, maybe better to use ? or make a switcher to only see the full url. This seems like a POST body indeed.
The example looks like an HTTP request packet, I think this is what confused me. I think the plain request might be clearer, but that's just my 2 cents and i might have a different opinion that people in the community consuming your API :thumbsup:
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
toffe

Post by toffe »

gouxim wrote:Nice to know, thanks for the info. Long live PHP :clap:
Ok, next time Java Servlets/Restlet. gogo. :roflol: .
But ye, PHP still lives on, and easy to deploy, because interpreter, and even more easy with composer right now <3.
gouxim wrote:The example looks like an HTTP request packet, I think this is what confused me. I think the plain request might be clearer, but that's just my 2 cents and i might have a different opinion that people in the community consuming your API :thumbsup:
I will spend more time in the API, and there will be some POST methods. I will try to look what will be the best solution to show the request. And yes.

And the Nelmio API Doc generation, wow, should look into it. But it requires using Symfony, thats not what I'm using right now, bit too heavy. :shock: For now. :shock: :shock:

Toffe.
gouxim
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by gouxim »

Symfony is really an amazing framework, but it does have a very steep learning curve. So while it's very good for entreprise/industrial purpose, it might indeed be overkill for an smaller application, and to be honest I wouldn't recommend it blindly :roll:
Please do not PM for support. Instead, create a thread so that everyone can contribute or benefit from the answer! 8-)
toffe

Post by toffe »

API Update, Build 12.
New filter option for /events/. The customtitlepack filter.

Also new
But really new, the SDK for PHP. Easy use the API with the SDK.

Add using composer:

Code: Select all

composer require 'tomvlk/maniacalendar-php-sdk:dev-master'
You can change the dev-master to any version to stick to that version.

Or get it here: https://github.com/tomvlk/maniacalendar-php-sdk

Toffe
ReDiX

Post by ReDiX »

I use this API on the menu of TMPLUS and it's awesoooooooome !!!!
Thank you for your incredible job and your availability

I don't believe that you're alone to develop maniacalendar !
TMPLUS !
toffe

Post by toffe »

The API is also used in the new update for the Competition Titlepack: http://play.eslgaming.com/trackmania/global/news/260439.

Thanks for using the API and the nice calendar itself of coarse.
:thumbsup:

Toffe
toffe

Post by toffe »

Great news about Maniacalendar!

It was some time ago that it got an update, and here it is. Maniacalendar 2 is out. It contains a new API with write methods, and has a wider calendar screen. It also makes it a bit more easy to add and remove dates to the calendar by contributors.
It also uses the new Maniaplanet login pages for MP4.

Also bit less visible, the whole backend has been rewritten to meet the newest technologies and improve the capabilities on long-term and make it better and less time consuming to release updates in the future.

All your personal things are still there except for the support questions.
Head to https://maniacalendar.com to see the results.

News for the API
Version 1 of the API and the subdomain is now deprecated. Doesn't say that it gets removed yet, it will remain working until an announce was made on this topic, and I don't expect it to be soon.

Version 2 has been released (2.0.0) and contains basic read and write operations. Of course, your current keys (v1) won't work on APIv2 and we made it possible to have "frontend" keys that can read-only and doesn't hurt your event data.
Version 2 will now be updated with new features and version 1 will be skipped with these.

Bug reports and ideas are welcome!
Toffe

Return to “General Tools”