[MP4] ManiaCDN.net: the mania content delivery network

Moderators: Xymph, NADEO

undef.de

Re: ManiaCDN.net: the mania content delivery network

Post by undef.de »

I would like to have a access statistic for the files from the CDN. Cool would be to have a statistic to see which mirror has delivered how many and which file. But i guess that would be hard to implement... :cry:
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
askuri

Post by askuri »

As haven't got any access to our mirrors, it will be impossible. The only possibility is to evaluate DNS statistics. Whether this is possible, we need to wait for an answer by toffe
toffe

Post by toffe »

As Askuri already said. We don't have direct access to the mirrors. So per file or per mirror statistics is impossible.
Using the DNS is possible. But this is global. Over all files and all mirrors.
askuri

Post by askuri »

Is it possible to make these global statistics public?
toffe

Post by toffe »

Well, I can't really find some API for it, only for the costs, not for usage.
It should be someting with the AWS Billing Explorer, can't really find an api for it. Only export it from frontend interface.
toffe

Post by toffe »

I got some news for Asia, Oceania, Africa and South America, since friday we are running Amazon AWS CloudFront for this regions only, the other regions, Europe and North America are still community driven.

This makes the network even more faster and we are able to see some statistics from that regions. We can say that we have pretty much requests going on from those regions already.

About the costs, it's cheaper then renting a VPS in those regions with mirroring, and besides that, the costs are pay per use, and okay to pay right now as the request costs are still covered by the free tier (will end within a year).

This makes the network even more stronger, and will distribute updates to the CDN faster in some regions.
Unfortunately, we can't add the servers to the about screen, and we can't public the statistics automaticaly. (we can do it manually sometime).
toffe

Post by toffe »

Some news about the CDN! We support SSL with Amazon CloudFront now. We did some testing in the last few months with the ManiaCalendar website, and it seems to be pretty stable and still in our costs to keep it running!

To use the SSL (please, only use it when you are providing through browser, not in ManiaPlanet):
Replace the http://maniacdn.net/awesomefile.txt with: https://ssl.maniacdn.net/awesomefile.txt

I can also tell that the other regions we don't cover with community servers are really doing well with the CloudFront backed support! We have pretty sexy response times everywhere :D

Again, please contact me or Askuri if you are having troubles or questions!

Toffe
toffe

Post by toffe »

Hello there,

We are still running with community servers, mostly in Europe, and we are still open for more. Please contact me or Askuri to help us out.

For the other regions that have no "donated servers" we are still running Amazon CloudFront (Including all regions with SSL). Costs monthly: + ~3 dollar *..

* see second post of thread for actual finance situation.
toffe

Post by toffe »

Just an update, we are running very stable, also if it's about the costs. Really nice :).
Some other news, we just added 2 new servers (ipv4 + ipv6) in Europe, thanks to TheBigG :1010 .
If you want to donate a server or just have a question, contact one of us (Toffe or Askuri) so we can help you.
https://about.maniacdn.net/

We are still short on any servers in non-EU regions, of course we use Amazon CloudFront for these regions to provide fast downloads and high availability, but we are still open for community donated servers.

Toffe
askuri

Post by askuri »

Updated the uploader:
We will now store every user's email (which is connected to your mp account) in our database to inform you, when we validated your content. It is possible, that you receive more than one email, especially when there are a lots of folders.

Should you see any errors/warning, please let me know here.

Return to “General Tools”