Frame dropping down for no reason

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

Lecktrik

Frame dropping down for no reason

Post by Lecktrik »

I have this problem for a long time now and I asked for help in the steam community and they havn't figured it out the solution.
So sometimes when I play everything is fine for like 5 or 10 minuts then every 3 minuts I have 2 FPS for 1 min and then it does it again and again.. It especially does that in RPG maps but it can do it on regular maps without any mod. So I guess it has to do something about the ramms but I have 8 Go and the game demands 1 Go and my game is not even in the highest graphic setting so why would it do that? And by the way this is the only game which does that on my pc.
Demented

Re: Frame dropping down for no reason

Post by Demented »

There are other people here who could answer this much better than myself but for a place to start...
My first thought is that it is something running in the background (memory gobbling adware or a simple virus) that occasionally is either hogging ram or processing speed. It can never hurt to do a deep scan of your system with whatever virus software you have.
Also, you might check for and turn off other programs you may have running in the background (music player, etc...) to see if that makes a difference.

You might also add your system specs here. It can often help pin down an issue.
And, do you know when the problem started? Did you install or update any software or hardware around the time this started?
Wish I could be of more help, but as I said, there are people here who are much better at this sort of thing than me. ;)
CPU: Intel I7-4770 64Bit @ 3.4Ghz.
Ram: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Geforce GXT 1060 6.2GB DDR5
Windows: 7 Pro SP1 64bit
Lecktrik

Post by Lecktrik »

Thanks for your answer.
I already tried to close every programs and it still happened. I already tried to clean my pc with my anti virus adw cleaner and malwarebytes (actually they didn't find aything wrong in my computer). I have everything up to date.
I don't really know when it started.. I guess just randomly but as I said this is the only game which has this problem and i'm playing games that demands higher specs without any problem so I'm not sure how it can be related to any sort of program I installed or something else.

My specs: i5-63000HQ 2.30 GHz
8Go
GTX 1060
WIndows 10
So yeh I should be fine with those specs so I don't understand.
Demented

Post by Demented »

Well, yea, sorry, I'm kinda stumped too. Looks like your system should be able to handle the load just fine (even on high settings)
Wish I could have been of more help.
Maybe somebody else with With Windows 10 has a better idea.
I know other people have run into similar issues.

I did run into an issue once with unusually slow frame rates that turned out to be a conflict with the Maniplanet software and GPU software both trying to process graphics at the same time. (Caused massive slow downs for me). I had to create a profile in Nvidia to force Nvidia settings to override MP settings to resolve the problem. (Still not sure why this was even a glitch though).
Fabinou38

Post by Fabinou38 »

Same issue here, with same specs. :?
MixterFab38 - Member of LAN Team - Moderator / Translator (FR) of TM²Galaxy - Project Helper of TMOne, of Stornium (by Guerro) and of ThomasFox's (aka Ziyx) projects :)
Here since ManiaPlanet 1 (TM² Canyon) :thx:
MP3 / MP4 beta tester
Lecktrik

Post by Lecktrik »

"I did run into an issue once with unusually slow frame rates that turned out to be a conflict with the Maniplanet software and GPU software both trying to process graphics at the same time. (Caused massive slow downs for me). I had to create a profile in Nvidia to force Nvidia settings to override MP settings to resolve the problem. (Still not sure why this was even a glitch though)."

Maybe I have to do the same thing. Do you remember how you did that?
Lecktrik

Post by Lecktrik »

Fabinou38 wrote: 02 Jul 2018, 17:28 Same issue here, with same specs. :?
Well if you find something to resolve this problem pm me! :)
Demented

Post by Demented »

I wasn't sure all the steps to do this, but after a bit of digging I found an old post that was of help in the past for the same issue.
Here's a link to the original topic: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40882&hilit=Nvidia&start=10#p284675
Hope this helps:
Demented wrote: 20 May 2017, 14:09 I'll try to help but I'm not the best person to explain this. I've never fully understood the best way to configure things.
(I would love to see a list sometime of different graphics settings and their advantages and "weight" on performance.)
This is what I did but I'm not sure I'd recommend doing this unless you know how to undo it if it doesn't help and to be honest I don't really even know why this worked better for me than letting the launcher control things.

Please take note of your settings before trying this.
This tells Nvidia to ignore the settings of a specified program:

Open Nvidia Control Panel;
Under "3D Settings";
Select; "Adjust Image settings with preview",
Tick the "Use the advanced 3D image settings" instead of "let the 3D application decide",

Under "3D Settings";
Select "Manage 3D settings";
Select the tab "Program settings";
Under "1. Select a program to customize";
click the "Add" button and find the "ManiaPlanetLauncher.exe";
Don't forget to click "apply" when you are done.

There is probably a better way to set things up and if someone wants to jump in with better solutions I would be happy to hear them. I don't claim to be very knowledgeable in this sort of thing. :)
I might add that I have not changed my settings back since then and haven't had any lag or other issues at all even with things set on highest settings.
& still not sure why there was a conflict.
Hope this helps. :pil

Return to “Maniaplanet Reports”