Performance report

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

Hylis
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: Performance report

Post by Hylis »

big bug indeed rachovolker. there is clearly something wrong in the performance list.

we will look at this specifically before the next version
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

rachovolker wrote:1. Conditions of bad performances
Always bad framerate (20 - 10 fps) in shootmania and in canyon after the second map (60 - 80 fps during the first map). No problems playing offline (~70 fps)

2. Your configuration
NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2,50GHz

3. Indicate the setting
Very Fast

4. TCpu and TGpu for any framerate given
example:
Canyon: FPS/TCpu/TGpu = 21,4/10.5/36.7 (no other players on the server) click
Storm: FPS/TCpu/TGpu = 9.8/21,6/81,1 (16 players online) click
Could you post a game log after you play with bad performance ?
Could you also post a screen shot when bad performance with memory load informations ?
(press Ctr+F12 once, it should display text on right-top screen: "CpuMb", "GpuMb")
Thanks
rachovolker

Post by rachovolker »

Played first on a Royal Server (10-11 fps)
Then joined on a Maniacs Canyon Server. First track ~ 70 fps, second track ~16 fps, third track ~ 16 fps.
Left the server, then rejoined again on the same server (~ 60 fps). That was the same track I played just before with ~16 fps. Second track ~70 fps. third track back to 16 fps.

Game Log
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

rachovolker wrote:Played first on a Royal Server (10-11 fps)
Then joined on a Maniacs Canyon Server. First track ~ 70 fps, second track ~16 fps, third track ~ 16 fps.
Left the server, then rejoined again on the same server (~ 60 fps). That was the same track I played just before with ~16 fps. Second track ~70 fps. third track back to 16 fps.

Game Log
There is a value which is quite strange is your screen: the PowerState of your card (PState) is always set to the lowest performance (and lowest energy consomption) (P12 is the lowest perf, P0 is the highest perf).
Power state are usually changed dynamically by the driver (for example when gpu is not working, the driver select a lower Pstate, less power is consumed, yet gpu is less efficient).
The problem is is that your driver should select P0 PState not P12.
I'm looking what you can check to improve that.
Thanks
LuckyBoy
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

To confirm what I've just said, please
download the latest GpuZ, launch it, the game and check GpuZ "Sensors" tab,
when P0 PState is selected, the first red graph (gpu core clock, memory clock, shader clock) should be high.
when P8 or P12 PState is selected, the graph gets lower.

Don't know yet how to solve the issue, maybe "nvinspector" may help.
Just tried, nvinspector rightly shows PState like the game and you can use it to confirm the cause of your performance issue.

Maybe you've overheating causing driver to lower down frequencies ?

Thanks
rachovolker

Post by rachovolker »

Yep, the first red graph is very high.

I'll try to check out nvinspector. Overheating shouldn't be a problem, but I'll check that one, too.

Edit:
As soon as I connect to maniaplanet it switchs from P8/P12 to P0. In-game it's back to P8 first, then even to P12 as I joined a Royal server. Still bad fps (~11) though...
tipadawan

Post by tipadawan »

juste un petit retour d xp ....

J ai résolu une grande partie de mes soucis de fps dernierement grace à cpuz ....

Alors apres je sais pas si c'est du à un mauvais parametre dans ma config , un bug de ma CM , ou shootmania !! Je vous fais juste un retour des fois que ....

Mais c'est voulant Oc un peu mon pc que je me suis apercu que j'avais shootmania qui ne profitait pas de mon Cpu .
Je m'explique ... (moi je bidouille juste donc voila des fois j avoue je touche plus que je comprend xD)

Dans le bios si je laisse active la fonction C1E Enhanced Halt State (et les autres ... ) shootmania ne faisait pas monté les mhz et je restais sur mon I5 en 16 * 100 = 1600 mhz .

Aujourd'hui j ai désactivé cette option , et c'est déja beaucoup mieux avec 4000 hz :)

:)
rachovolker

Post by rachovolker »

:?

But back to the problem:
I tried the improvements for Nvida cards posted here and it worked. Still not the best framerates in Storm (~ 25-30) but it's playable again.

Thx :thumbsup:
LuckyBoy
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by LuckyBoy »

rachovolker wrote::?

But back to the problem:
I tried the improvements for Nvida cards posted here and it worked. Still not the best framerates in Storm (~ 25-30) but it's playable again.

Thx :thumbsup:
Does your PState stay to P0 now ?
What was your cpu/gpu synch before the change (I suppose you disable it after).

Thanks
rachovolker

Post by rachovolker »

Yes, PState stays on P0 all the time now.
Synch was set to automatic before I disabled it.

Return to “Shootmania Reports”