xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

Post Reply
User avatar
xxluke
Posts: 114
Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 15:24
Contact:

xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by xxluke » 23 Mar 2014, 20:39

I have some suggestions for ShootMania and ManiaPlanet and because I don't want to open a thread for each I post them all here.
The most suggestions are not that difficult to implement and I was happy that you (Nadeo) added some of my ranking-list-suggestions, so I hope you do it with these suggestions too.

General
  • Fix more bugs, especially the many small ones, because I hate them!
Start and main menu
  • Updates: Don't show message that you have to restart MP. It should restart automatic, because you often minimize the window while waiting
  • Loading boxes at start are in the old design
  • All messages from the beginning like "welcome back"-messages and others should be a notification like the "somebody is online"-notification at the top next to the maniaplanet-bar.
  • "Play"-Button should open the last used station (not everytime Speedball (wtf?))
  • Stations should remember last opened menu (eg. "Matchmaking"), so you don't have to click this every time (I don't care about the ranking of my buddies) (-> 2 clicks less)
  • All stations should be deletable (especially when you don't own the title)
  • At least in Storm was the title menu between MP2 and MP3 much more beautiful then the new old one [Nadeo: One step forward, one backward]
Global Chat
  • Combine chat and old message-system to one.
  • Multiline in chat
  • Use bigger icons
  • Remove "chat connected"-sound, because I think everytime that I got a new message
Manialinks
  • Most Manialinks (without background) are very hard to read when you open them from somewhere outside the menu. The browser could sent the ML something to indicate if the ML is opened from the menus or not, e.g. a header-information or a POST-parameter.
  • Remove cost for Manialinks (not to visit them but to have them). I had some MLs but I deleted nearly all because nobody visited them and I don't want to pay for nothing. Maybe they should only cost planets when somebody visits the ML combined with a player-ML maximum.
  • Manialink browser: You should be able to click "back"/right-click to close the browser, when it's the first ML you opened
Other
  • Make a "about" page
  • Remove "ManiaPlanet" quit-game screen. Everybody knows it's ManiaPlanet. Close/hide GUI as fast as possible instead, even when the process isn't closed at the moment.
  • Everybody in the team should create an easter egg in his/her area of responsibility. Of course well hidden, so usally nobody notices it.
  • Server-info-window shouldn't highlight "Cancel"-button but "Join"-button or none
Ingame
Ingame User Interface
  • Translations for "Blue" and "Red"
  • Replace all old boxes in the old style with the new style
  • Show how many other people allready finished loading the map like in Elite (but of course not 20 icons, better "15/20" ^^)
  • The "VS" on the Versus-Splash-Screen has a 3D-effect, which looks strange when the rest is 2D
  • Scoreboard: Your entry should be highlighted again
Server Chat
  • Prevent accidental double "t" when you open the chat (Timer until you can type an other t maybe)
  • Close open tags ($<) so nobody can change the formating of the whole following text
  • Prevent empty messages (happens e.g. when you press enter twice in a mode with teams)
Siege
  • Old sounds: The "loud" sound only at a killed attacker, not defender. Killed defender only the standard sound from the list on the left.
  • Don't show the message "123 captured the checkpoint" when multiple players captured it
  • Show capture bar when you capture a checkpoint, because you can't look the whole time to the wall when you want to survive
  • Remember weapon, so you don't have to choose it every round and wait until it's reloaded
  • I don't like that the weapons have to reload everytime you change it
Other
  • Loading Screen: Remove the unsmooth blink-effect of the progress bar
  • Loading Screen: Hide ManiaPlanet-bar because you can't use it
  • Spectator: When spectated player dies it shouldn't switch to "overview"-mode but to an other player
Editor
MediaTracker
  • More help: Info-box with all the information you need to use it (like "Ctrl to copy control point properties", "hold and move scroll wheel to move the timeline", etc.)
  • Gray out MediaTracker functions which don't work on your computer because of your bad graphic card, so you don't use it and then it doesn't work. + Information that this function might not work on PCs of others.
I hope you read and implement everything or at least the most. When I add things I post it as answer in this topic.
Last edited by xxluke on 03 May 2014, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
xxluke
Posts: 114
Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 15:24
Contact:

Re: xxluke's suggestions list

Post by xxluke » 03 May 2014, 10:31

Updated list

Added:
General
Start and menu
  • Loading boxes at start are in the old design
  • "Play"-Button should open the last used station (not everytime Speedball (wtf?))
  • Stations should remember last opened menu (eg. "Matchmaking"), so you don't have to click this every time (I don't care about the ranking of my buddies) (-> 2 clicks less)
  • All stations should be deletable (especially when you don't own the title)
  • At least in Storm was the title menu between MP2 and MP3 much more beautiful then the new old one [Nadeo: One step forward, one backward]
Chat (in the bar at the top)
  • Use bigger icons
  • Remove "chat connected"-sound, because I think everytime that I got a new message
Other
  • Manialink browser: You should be able to click "back"/right-click to close the browser, when it's the first ML you opened
  • Make a "about" page
  • Server-info-window shouldn't highlight "Cancel"-button but "Join"-button or none
Ingame
Siege
  • Old sounds: The "loud" sound only at a killed attacker, not defender. Killed defender only the standard sound from the list on the left.
  • Don't show the message "123 captured the checkpoint" when multiple players captured it
  • Show capture bar when you capture a checkpoint, because you can't look the whole time to the wall when you want to survive
  • Remember weapon, so you don't have to choose it every round and wait until it's reloaded
  • I don't like that the weapons have to reload everytime you change it
Other
  • Scoreboard: Your entry should be highlighted again
  • Spectator: When spectated player dies it shouldn't switch to "overview"-mode but to an other player
  • Loading Screen: Hide ManiaPlanet-bar because you can't use it

Removed:
Login-Boxes aren't in the "new design"
Hotkeys to open/close chat
Show new messages always as notification, even when the last message wasn't read.
When you click on "Join server" in the chat while you are playing on an other server, it should show the server information without disconnecting from the old server
Make a real "about" page
Load the page you had open the last time (Matchmaking, Browse servers, etc.) (-> one click less)
Show also servers from title packs you haven't installed, so you can see that it's worth to download them and they exist
Is it necessary that MP first loads the other title when you join e.g. Heroes from the Storm-Title?
Remove the "Press key"

novationx
Posts: 2723
Joined: 10 Aug 2013, 22:33

Re: xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by novationx » 05 May 2014, 12:48

xxluke wrote: General
Start and main menu
  • Updates: Don't show message that you have to restart MP. It should restart automatic, because you often minimize the window while waiting. - Make the icon in the windows taskbar flash orange would be better. I dont like auto restarts.
  • Loading boxes at start are in the old design
  • All messages from the beginning like "welcome back"-messages and others should be a notification like the "somebody is online"-notification at the top next to the maniaplanet-bar.
  • "Play"-Button should open the last used station (not everytime Speedball (wtf?))
  • Stations should remember last opened menu (eg. "Matchmaking"), so you don't have to click this every time (I don't care about the ranking of my buddies) (-> 2 clicks less)
  • All stations should be deletable (especially when you don't own the title)
  • At least in Storm was the title menu between MP2 and MP3 much more beautiful then the new old one [Nadeo: One step forward, one backward]
Global Chat
  • Combine chat and old message-system to one. - I dont understand this one.
  • Multiline in chat
  • Use bigger icons
  • Remove "chat connected"-sound, because I think everytime that I got a new message
Manialinks
  • Most Manialinks (without background) are very hard to read when you open them from somewhere outside the menu. The browser could sent the ML something to indicate if the ML is opened from the menus or not, e.g. a header-information or a POST-parameter.
  • Remove cost for Manialinks (not to visit them but to have them). I had some MLs but I deleted nearly all because nobody visited them and I don't want to pay for nothing. Maybe they should only cost planets when somebody visits the ML combined with a player-ML maximum.
  • Manialink browser: You should be able to click "back"/right-click to close the browser, when it's the first ML you opened
Other
  • Make a "about" page - About what? Look at your other suggestions? This is not important at all.
  • Remove "ManiaPlanet" quit-game screen. Everybody knows it's ManiaPlanet. Close/hide GUI as fast as possible instead, even when the process isn't closed at the moment.
  • Everybody in the team should create an easter egg in his/her area of responsibility. Of course well hidden, so usally nobody notices it. -Again, very² low priority.
  • Server-info-window shouldn't highlight "Cancel"-button but "Join"-button or none
Ingame
Ingame User Interface
  • Translations for "Blue" and "Red"
  • Replace all old boxes in the old style with the new style
  • Show how many other people allready finished loading the map like in Elite (but of course not 20 icons, better "15/20" ^^)
  • The "VS" on the Versus-Splash-Screen has a 3D-effect, which looks strange when the rest is 2D
  • Scoreboard: Your entry should be highlighted again

Server Chat
  • Prevent accidental double "t" when you open the chat (Timer until you can type an other t maybe) -Low priority
  • Close open tags ($<) so nobody can change the formating of the whole following text
  • Prevent empty messages (happens e.g. when you press enter twice in a mode with teams)
Siege
  • Old sounds: The "loud" sound only at a killed attacker, not defender. Killed defender only the standard sound from the list on the left.
  • Don't show the message "123 captured the checkpoint" when multiple players captured it
  • Show capture bar when you capture a checkpoint, because you can't look the whole time to the wall when you want to survive
  • Remember weapon, so you don't have to choose it every round and wait until it's reloaded
  • I don't like that the weapons have to reload everytime you change it
-Yes, but changing weapons should be "punished" somehow.
Other
  • Loading Screen: Remove the unsmooth blink-effect of the progress bar
  • Loading Screen: Hide ManiaPlanet-bar because you can't use it
  • Spectator: When spectated player dies it shouldn't switch to "overview"-mode but to an other player
Editor
MediaTracker
  • More help: Info-box with all the information you need to use it (like "Ctrl to copy control point properties", "hold and move scroll wheel to move the timeline", etc.)
  • Gray out MediaTracker functions which don't work on your computer because of your bad graphic card, so you don't use it and then it doesn't work. + Information that this function might not work on PCs of others.
WOW! Give this person an award! He took the time to write so much down and share it with us on the forums. He is right about almost everything. Some things, however, can be low priority!

I agree with everything! If I wrote a red text it means I disagree.

Image


Lots of these things are small requests, but they could help this game so much cuz they happen so frequently.

Bigger icons --> usability
Remove quit screen --> faster every game session
2clicks less because the title saves your preferences = genious --> faster every game session
Better navigation with mouse & keyboard --> faster every game session
Remove chatsound because I always think I got a new message --> user-friendly
( change the sound to something else would also work )
Highlight yourself on the scoreboard --> user-friendly & better game experience
...

<3 I love this type of posts.
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

User avatar
Omnixor
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2959
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 17:07
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by Omnixor » 05 May 2014, 14:06

novationx wrote:Prevent accidental double "t" when you open the chat (Timer until you can type an other t maybe) -Low priority
nah, this is annoying as hell, please fix ^^
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

novationx
Posts: 2723
Joined: 10 Aug 2013, 22:33

Re: xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by novationx » 05 May 2014, 14:34

Omnixor wrote:
novationx wrote:Prevent accidental double "t" when you open the chat (Timer until you can type an other t maybe) -Low priority
nah, this is annoying as hell, please fix ^^
well, Not everybody has it? So maybe its the keyboard or whatever? :D I dunno.
I consider it "not rly a bug"

( im probably wrong )
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

User avatar
Omnixor
Translator
Translator
Posts: 2959
Joined: 03 Jul 2010, 17:07
Location: Vilnius, Lithuania

Re: xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by Omnixor » 05 May 2014, 17:09

but I see it every day from random people, so it IS a bug. do you have chat on T?

e/ here's a report I made a while ago: http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... at#p172757
- staff head of ESL TM²Stadium -

User avatar
xxluke
Posts: 114
Joined: 13 Jul 2010, 15:24
Contact:

Re: xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by xxluke » 05 May 2014, 21:21

Thanks for the praise. :thx:
With "Combine chat and old message-system to one." I meant that I don't like that there are two ways to send PMs ingame: The chat and the "old message-system" (the one where you can send planets).
TMF and the most other games have an "about"-page where the names of the developers are listed and it's nice when you can read who made this awesome game.
I like easter-eggs (and usally they aren't that difficult to create).

novationx
Posts: 2723
Joined: 10 Aug 2013, 22:33

Re: xxluke's suggestions list [Updated: 03.05.14]

Post by novationx » 05 May 2014, 21:50

xxluke wrote:Thanks for the praise. :thx:
With "Combine chat and old message-system to one." I meant that I don't like that there are two ways to send PMs ingame: The chat and the "old message-system" (the one where you can send planets).
TMF and the most other games have an "about"-page where the names of the developers are listed and it's nice when you can read who made this awesome game.
I like easter-eggs (and usally they aren't that difficult to create).
Yeah but currently the game is filled with bugs :D so I rather get that fixed first, before they add easter eggs... ofc I would love easter eggs... But i realise that it are bussy days for the devs. I think that on ur list 50% is pretty important/essential. The other 50% is good, but I (we?) can live without them. You see the difference?
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Post Reply

Return to “Shootmania Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest