[MP4] MediaTracker is editable after validation and break the game; FX:Color don't works.

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

ThaumicTom

[MP4] MediaTracker is editable after validation and break the game; FX:Color don't works.

Post by ThaumicTom »

Hej!

I found 6 Bugs in Trackmania 2 Lagoon:
• A map without Checkpoints in Test Mode produces a second time bar if in finish line (Video: 0:17 - 0:32). (Happens with all environments)
• Laps are not shown up in Validation Mode (Video: 1:04 - 1:14). (Happens with all environments)
• You can still edit the Mediatracker while you validated (Video: 1:22 - 2:08). You can also save the map after using Mediatracker (not shown in video). This causes the problem that players won't finish the map if the Mediatracker is made with blackscreen, but the Track is still validated. (Happens with all environments)
• FX: Color etc. will not affect the Mediatracker. These options are now pretty much useless (Video: 2:30 - 3:01). (Happens with all environments)
• The new Lagoon "Ground" Block will not cause the framework to disappear. Also, Buildings will bug into the Block when placed (Video: 3:14 - 4:32).
• Playing Solo Maps with ghosts will cause the bug that the time in the top center is not equal with the time on top right (See Checkpoint 1 and Checkpoint 4) (Video: 4:57 - 5:30). (Happens with all environments)

-Tom
Last edited by ThaumicTom on 23 Apr 2020, 01:46, edited 1 time in total.
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Re: [MP4] MediaTracker is editable after validation and break the game; FX:Color don't works.

Post by eyebo »

Great report! Very detailed.
ThaumicTom wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 09:13 • You can still edit the Mediatracker while you validated (Video: 1:22 - 2:08). You can also save the map after using Mediatracker (not shown in video). This causes the problem that players won't finish the map if the Mediatracker is made with blackscreen, but the Track is still validated. (Happens with all environments)
I came here to report this and had recorded a video of it.
https://streamable.com/fqme3

In my video I took a validated map, opened it, moved the MediaTracker trigger for the end of the loop, and saved the map again.

The resulting track from the video:
ValidationTest.Map.Gbx

From GbxDump:

Code: Select all

<desc envir="Lagoon" mapstyle="" validated="1" />
<times bronze="-1" silver="-1" gold="-1" authortime="-1" authorscore="-1"/>
So the map appears to be validated, but without medal times.

This is very unusual. Before ManiaPlanet 4, any change to "In Game" MediaTracker would result in the map losing it's validation until a new validation time was set.
ripper_roo

Re: [MP4] MediaTracker is editable after validation and break the game; FX:Color don't works.

Post by ripper_roo »

Indeed, modifying the MediaTracker and saving again does not unvalidate the track.
I already reported this bug in another thread 4 months ago: viewtopic.php?f=470&t=41734&p=286613#p286613
ThaumicTom

Post by ThaumicTom »

Sorry for the late answer (should be okay, because you took long, too)

Thanks for the nice answers, but some bugs are not fixed yet. But still the major bugs should be okay, thanks.
xbx wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 19:48 should be ok in viewtopic.php?p=292491#p292491
Link doesn't work?
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

ThaumicTom wrote: 08 Jan 2018, 14:22 Sorry for the late answer (should be okay, because you took long, too)

Thanks for the nice answers, but some bugs are not fixed yet. But still the major bugs should be okay, thanks.
xbx wrote: 16 Nov 2017, 19:48 should be ok in viewtopic.php?p=292491#p292491
Link doesn't work?
It doesn't work, because you don't have access to the former MP4 Beta subforum ^^
I'll quote the content tho
xbx wrote: 14 Nov 2017, 18:35 Hello everybody!

I'm planning on releasing an update to the game in the coming days.
Since quite a few changes have been piling up, here is a release candidate zip that you can download and test (by overwritting the game exe) before I push it to every one.

http://files.v04.maniaplanet.com/tmp/Ma ... p[outdated]

Main changes:
  • the map wasn't unvalidated when loaded into the editor with items missing. (should help with tmx records uploads)
  • SM: Many fixes for shootmania replays
    (unfortunately olders replays lack information, so only works for newer replays)
    - name/skins/labels infos for the players
    - lasers display fixed
    - end-of-round vortex display fixed
  • fix Depth-of-field effet when using a game camera
  • TM: smaller replays sizes when using trains + synchronisation with recorded cars
  • TM: intro wrongly skipped when gamepads are used
  • Sometimes you could not escape from "record a MediaTracker ghost"
  • only look for items in the title (and not userdir) when the map is loaded for network play.
  • couple of network protcol bugs (packets wrongly rejected, better behaviour when changing maps)
  • custom campaign records/medals fixes
  • TM/script: fix ForceModelId + correctly change the physics model when changing vehicle.
  • TM: Drifts sounds where wrongly silenced above ~500km/h
  • fixed underground minimap
  • SM: added a few missing state variables to SMPlayer.
  • Editor: when in test mode you can press 'T' to get an instant ghost when you respawn
  • Editor: when in test mode you can press Ctrl+R (as in the profile menu) to reload the players skins .
  • Fixed Import avatar button in the profile menu
  • fixed creation of skin.pack.gbx
  • fixed the fog mediatracker block never turning off.
  • the medal choices dialog should no longer pop after 20s if the intro is still running
  • map gets properly invalidated when editing in-game MT clips.
  • create items from ghostblocks should work
  • crash fixes
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
ThaumicTom

Post by ThaumicTom »

Thanks, but...

only the bug with MediaTracker got fixed (I fixed FX:Color myself, I don't know why this ever happened)
Bug 1-2 and 5-6 didn't got fixed yet (after months).

The bug with no laps shown in Validation seems pretty easy fixable, and it's a shame to not have this fixed after years (since MP4 update)
ThaumicTom | TMX | MX | Twitch | Twitter | xd
Specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Radeon RX Vega 56, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, be quiet! 600W PSU
eyebo
Translator
Translator

Post by eyebo »

ThaumicTom wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 09:13 • A map without Checkpoints in Test Mode produces a second time bar if in finish line (Video: 0:17 - 0:32). (Happens with all environments)
• Laps are not shown up in Validation Mode (Video: 1:04 - 1:14). (Happens with all environments)
• You can still edit the Mediatracker while you validated (Video: 1:22 - 2:08). You can also save the map after using Mediatracker (not shown in video). This causes the problem that players won't finish the map if the Mediatracker is made with blackscreen, but the Track is still validated. (Happens with all environments)
• FX: Color etc. will not affect the Mediatracker. These options are now pretty much useless (Video: 2:30 - 3:01). (Happens with all environments)
Just checking through this topic again. These are all fixed.
ThaumicTom wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 09:13• The new Lagoon "Ground" Block will not cause the framework to disappear. Also, Buildings will bug into the Block when placed (Video: 3:14 - 4:32).
I'm not convinced this one is even a bug. It's so useful to be able to intersect those concrete blocks with buildings and pillars. They seem to be designed that way, especially considering buildings and the concrete blocks are in the same folder. Even if Nadeo prevented it, we'd just do it anyway with the mixmapping tool.
ThaumicTom wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 09:13• Playing Solo Maps with ghosts will cause the bug that the time in the top center is not equal with the time on top right (See Checkpoint 1 and Checkpoint 4) (Video: 4:57 - 5:30). (Happens with all environments)
I couldn't reproduce this one. I'm guessing it was fixed. Can you still reproduce it?
Former QC Manager at Ubisoft Nadeo.
My tracks on: Mania Exchange (TM2) | TrackMania Exchange (TMUF)

For the devs: Ryzen 7 1800X / 32GB RAM / GTX 1080 (477.22) @ 3840x2160 / Win10 64bit
ThaumicTom

Post by ThaumicTom »

eyebo wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 05:25
ThaumicTom wrote: 24 Aug 2017, 09:13• Playing Solo Maps with ghosts will cause the bug that the time in the top center is not equal with the time on top right (See Checkpoint 1 and Checkpoint 4) (Video: 4:57 - 5:30). (Happens with all environments)
I couldn't reproduce this one. I'm guessing it was fixed. Can you still reproduce it?
It should be fixed already, it was a rounding error.
But, still, delta times are completly wrong when you tie with the ghost.
ThaumicTom | TMX | MX | Twitch | Twitter | xd
Specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Radeon RX Vega 56, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, be quiet! 600W PSU

Return to “Trackmania² Reports”