Map cannot be validated

Moderators: w1lla, NADEO

scavfan

Map cannot be validated

Post by scavfan »

Found this bug today while testing track editor.

1. Load a validated map.
2. Select "Record mediatracker ghost" button, then return to editor.
3. Edit any other part of mediatracker (like Intro), then return to main editor.

After that, validation flag turns red. Clicking on it returns the message "Map cannot be validated".
Entering Test mode displays two time bars and speedometers (MP3 and MP4 HUD at the same time).
Trying to record mediatracker ghost returns the same message as validation, but lets you drive the map. There is only MP4 timer now, but time doesn't start at 0. Instead, it seems to start with time spent in editor.

Reloading the map fixes the problem.
Alinoa

Re: Map cannot be validated

Post by Alinoa »

Hi,

Thank you for your report and for providing us with a workaround :thumbsup:
Ubisoft Support
Your Player Page

More information about maniaplanet, support, contents, community activities: useful links

ManiaPlanet technical documentation portal (Dedicated server, Mediatracker, ManiaLink, ManiaScript, Titles...)
ThaumicTom

Post by ThaumicTom »

Hi,

I noticed, when the map has no Checkpoints, but a finish, and you stay at the finishline in testmode, your game lags out.
ThaumicTom | TMX | MX | Twitch | Twitter | xd
Specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Radeon RX Vega 56, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, be quiet! 600W PSU
Miss

Post by Miss »

ThaumicTom wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 15:06 Hi,

I noticed, when the map has no Checkpoints, but a finish, and you stay at the finishline in testmode, your game lags out.
I can't reproduce this. :?
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
ThaumicTom

Post by ThaumicTom »

Miss wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 16:11
ThaumicTom wrote: 06 Apr 2018, 15:06 Hi,

I can't reproduce this. :?
I reproduced the bug, by building a start and finish next to each other, validated it, went to mediatracker ghost, went back, went to any mediatracker thing (Intro), went back, saw red flag, placed Testmode car at the started, and drove over the finish line. Usually, you would see your time above, but because there are two, it lags out. Try to respawn and respawn entierly by going back to the map and use the Testmode car again, and set it to the Start. Hope this works. I now also found out, that I had both HUD's, but some seconds later (by respawning, or respawning entirely, like I said) I only had the MP3 HUD, but not when going into the finish line. There I had the MP3 HUD + MP4 Checkpoint Time Display, no other MP4 HUD's.
ThaumicTom | TMX | MX | Twitch | Twitter | xd
Specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, Radeon RX Vega 56, Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 RAM, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD, be quiet! 600W PSU

Return to “Trackmania² Reports”