ManiaControl Feedback and Bugreporting for Release v0.14

ManiaControl, the completely new designed and easy to use controller managing all your Maniaplanet server.

Moderators: kremsy, Jocy, Wabbitface, steeffeen, NADEO

franck70

Re: ManiaControl Feedback and Bugreporting for Release v0.14

Post by franck70 » 14 May 2014, 12:43

Hello , I had this problem yet :
franck70 wrote: Update failed: Couldn't load Update zip! Operation timed out after 6202 milliseconds with 16106 out of 377781 bytes received$>
This time when I wanted add a map by Mx :

Code: Select all

14.May 14 01:30:24 [ManiaControl NOTICE]: Operation timed out after 11038 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received http://api.mania-exchange.com/sm/maps/?ids=10597
File&Line: /home/franck/MCCTF/core/ManiaExchange/ManiaExchangeManager.php: 158
Trace: 
#0: ManiaControl\ErrorHandler->handleError
#1: trigger_error in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/ManiaExchange/ManiaExchangeManager.php on Line 158
#2: ManiaControl\ManiaExchange\ManiaExchangeManager->ManiaControl\ManiaExchange\{closure}
#3: call_user_func in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Files/AsynchronousFileReader.php on Line 103
#4: ManiaControl\Files\AsynchronousFileReader->ManiaControl\Files\{closure}
#5: call_user_func in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php on Line 164
#6: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php on Line 53
#7: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/curl-easy/cURL/Request.php on Line 130
#8: cURL\Request->cURL\{closure}
#9: call_user_func in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php on Line 164
#10: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->doDispatch in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/Symfony/Component/EventDispatcher/EventDispatcher.php on Line 53
#11: Symfony\Component\EventDispatcher\EventDispatcher->dispatch in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/curl-easy/cURL/RequestsQueue.php on Line 141
#12: cURL\RequestsQueue->read in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/curl-easy/cURL/RequestsQueue.php on Line 209
#13: cURL\RequestsQueue->socketPerform in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Libs/curl-easy/cURL/Request.php on Line 140
#14: cURL\Request->socketPerform in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/Files/AsynchronousFileReader.php on Line 41
#15: ManiaControl\Files\AsynchronousFileReader->appendData in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/ManiaControl.php on Line 429
#16: ManiaControl\ManiaControl->loop in File /home/franck/MCCTF/core/ManiaControl.php on Line 363
#17: ManiaControl\ManiaControl->run in File /home/franck/MCCTF/ManiaControl.php on Line 133
So I just restarted ManiaControl and it worked :)

phil13hebert

Post by phil13hebert » 14 May 2014, 23:37

Hello all, I have an error that crashes maniacontrol. I don't have much info on it tough. Only this :

14.May 14 18:23:29 Successfully authenticated on Mania-Exchange Karma
14.May 14 18:23:29 MX-Karma Votes successfully fetched
14.May 14 18:33:17 Error while updating votes: internal server error
14.May 14 18:33:17 Quitting ManiaControl!
Do someone have any idea about this error ?
Thank you in advance :)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 798MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1536MB
Motherboard: Intel 0KM92T
Sound: 7.1
Peripherals: Logitech G510, SteelSeries sensei raw, Corsair vengeance 1500

kripkee

Post by kripkee » 15 May 2014, 15:56

14.May 14 20:19:59 MX-Karma Votes successfully fetched
14.May 14 20:25:08 MX-Karma Votes successfully fetched
14.May 14 20:30:18 MX-Karma Votes successfully fetched
14.May 14 20:30:18 Quitting ManiaControl!

14.May 14 19:56:31 MX-Karma Votes successfully fetched
15.May 14 01:56:31 MX-Karma Votes successfully fetched
15.May 14 01:56:31 Quitting ManiaControl!
don't ask me, why this happens, but it happens! :D

kremsy

Post by kremsy » 15 May 2014, 22:58

Are you using the InfoWidgets Plugin?
Lukas alias Kremsy, Developer of:
ManiaControl: http://www.maniacontrol.com
ParagonLeague: http://league.paragon-esports.com
MPAseco: http://mpaseco.org
ManiaViewer: http://www.maniaviewer.com

phil13hebert

Post by phil13hebert » 16 May 2014, 00:45

kremsy wrote:Are you using the InfoWidgets Plugin?
I am using it
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 798MHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1536MB
Motherboard: Intel 0KM92T
Sound: 7.1
Peripherals: Logitech G510, SteelSeries sensei raw, Corsair vengeance 1500

chco

Mapmanager tracklist.txt

Post by chco » 17 May 2014, 09:33

There is a problem with the Mapmanager tracklist.txt.
- I run the dedicated maniaplanet server on a server (pc)
- MC is run from the same PC, but different folders.
- The dedicated server is started with the argument to use Matchsettings file : "SMSStormRoyal.txt"
- When MC boots it loads SMSStormRoyal.txt and uses it to create its own tracklist.txt.

The problem is that when in-game I add maps from MX they are put into tracklist.txt (so far no problem).
When I shutdown MC and the Dedicated Maniaplanet server and start them both up again, the same process starts.
In other words.. tracklist.txt is re-created from SMSStormRoyal.txt, thus all the added maps from MX are gone. (they are physically still in the maps/MX folder, just not in tracklist.txt any more).

My idea was to change the setting in the mapmanager not the use tracklist.txt, but instead SMSStormRoyal.txt.
This has problems :
1. SMSStormRoyal.txt does not get updated when adding MX maps.
2. If I run the dedicated server as Elite instead of Storm.. it would mess up the SMSStormRoyal.txt matchsettings file.

So I guess the first part is a bug (I think).
The second part would be a request to add the possibility to tell MC what matchsetting file to use (either by startup arguments something like : php.exe" "ManiaControl.php" -matchsettings=SMStormRoyal.txt or have settings where you can set different matchsettings.txt files for the different modes. The first option would most likely be the easiest to setup and would be just fine).

As for MC in general... Great job!

Cheers,
Charly

steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen » 17 May 2014, 13:06

We see your point.
Though the file name to which MC saves the current match settings is just a normal setting, so we would rather have to build an option to pass any setting in the command line

i wouldn't say the first case is a bug because normally you would start up the dedi with the match settings file that MC saves the changed data to
after all MC doesn't "load" the SMStormRoyal.txt (in your example) but tells the dedi to save his current match settings to a given file name
so the best solution would be to find out which match settings file the dedi used to start, but that's not possible unfortunately

we have another solution in mind but for that to work the dedi has to use different server logins for the different startups
are you doing that?
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

chco

Post by chco » 17 May 2014, 13:45

steeffeen wrote: we have another solution in mind but for that to work the dedi has to use different server logins for the different startups
    are you doing that?
    If you mean the masterserver_account then yes the Elite server and the Royal server have different ones.
    steeffeen wrote: so the best solution would be to find out which match settings file the dedi used to start, but that's not possible unfortunately
    Well.. if there would be a commandline option for MC to pass that info (what matchsetting file is used by the dedicated server) on.. that would solve it, right ?

Cheers,
    Charly

steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen » 17 May 2014, 13:55

chco wrote:If you mean the masterserver_account then yes the Elite server and the Royal server have different ones.
    yep, that's what i meant
    the setting you can configure ingame would then be dependent on that login
    (when we've built that)
    chco wrote:Well.. if there would be a commandline option for MC to pass that info (what matchsetting file is used by the dedicated server) on.. that would solve it, right ?
    yes
    but i don't want to build a single command line option for a specific setting because later there could be requests for additional options for other settings
    so we would need to build a universal solution but that's not easy because the settings aren't only identified by a name "matchsettings" but also on their owning object
    having to pass all that in the command line wouldn't look good

so for now i would say that the proposed command line option won't come
    but be sure that there will be solution for your problem in the future
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

chco

Post by chco » 17 May 2014, 15:21

What about the option in the settings of MC to fill in matchsettings names for each gamemode ?
      Or doest that fall in the same category as you've just mentioned ? :) (As it is basically the same, except you put it in the settings instead of a commandline).
      If you guys would make a routine part of a class where we could set/get the matchsetting file, a plugin could handle the rest .. this way only people who need it can simply install the plugin ;)

Cheers,
      Charly

Return to “ManiaControl”