Feedback and Reports for Release v0.15

ManiaControl, the completely new designed and easy to use controller managing all your Maniaplanet server.

Moderators: Jocy, Wabbitface, steeffeen, NADEO

Search44

Re: Feedback and Reports for Release v0.15

Post by Search44 »

Sorry I misspoke ^^
For other modes I don't know, but in any case it doesn't work for the battle mode, I tested on my own server and also "franckbattle" one day ...
Search44

Post by Search44 »

An example of what I mean:
http://www.mania-actu.com/uploads/image ... endmap.jpg
In this example, it appears at the end of the map, but I it also works during the match.
The ideal would be to have the same tables (Most hits, most captures, top winners ...)
I know these MPAseco's tables work in battle mode because I've seen it on another server. I wanted the equivalent with ManiaControl ;)
harkham

Post by harkham »

HI,
I'm back with a new question :D it's a question a bit technical :/

I and my friends have several Obstacle Server. Much was on foxcontrol, but will replace it with ManiaControl soon :yes:

but none of the admin master know how to update a map without reset the records, and how to remove just 1 record? I know I need to use the database, but I can not find the solution: (

(on foxcontrol we know how, but not on ManiaControl)

excuse me for my bad english.

HF
Hark, Team Ori'Gin.
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

@harkham:
hey :)
well there's no solution for that provided by maniacontrol

though if you are able to mess with the database directly you can simply look into the table "mc_localrecords" and try to find the specific record to delete ^^
if you want to move all records of a map to its new version i see two ways
- either update records where mapindex = {oldindex} set mapindex = {newindex} (pseudo code ^^)
- or delete the new map from the mc_maps table and replace the old map's uid with the just deleted new one's

it's indeed kinda difficult ^^
and it's a good idea to offer that via a tool, but there are other priorities currently..

before switching, keep in mind that maniacontrol isn't as far as foxcontrol yet as it's still young, so you will miss some stuff regarding records etc.
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    harkham

Post by harkham »

Thank you for the quick response.
    I would stay that later, I have to go to work.
    I'll let you know :)
    Last edited by harkham on 06 Aug 2014, 11:46, edited 1 time in total.
    harkham

Post by harkham »

it works, thx :clap:
    But I have 1 other questions :
    shoulds we turn off maniacontrol when the database is modified, because he had crash several times after modification. normal ???

and just a comment : when i restart MC, record widget does not start, he said "localrecord must be enabled" but it is ON ...
    ordering problem loading plugins ?
    it's embarrassing if the restart must have remotely without the game.
    good luck to all, you do a great job !
    (if my English is bad, punish google) :mrgreen:
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

harkham wrote:shoulds we turn off maniacontrol when the database is modified, because he had crash several times after modification. normal ???
    i would recommend that as quite some stuff from the database is cached in memory for better performance and the data inconsistencies might cause problems after modifying the database
    harkham wrote:and just a comment : when i restart MC, record widget does not start, he said "localrecord must be enabled" but it is ON ...
    ordering problem loading plugins ?
    well that's up to the records widget plugin, it could simply start and be inactive as long as the local records plugin isn't active
    so with an ordering it could be fixed but we don't offer this, so the authors of the widget plugin might want to look into that
    harkham wrote:it's embarrassing if the restart must have remotely without the game.
    i don't get that one ^.^
    you should be able to perform the //restart command ingame
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
      Clem

Post by Clem »

Hi ! Hysteria // Clem here :)

First thing I have to say to you guys : GG !!! :1010
      I switched on ManiaControl yesterday (I used to use FoxControl), and I just LOVE it :D

Soooo I decided to come give you my first feedbacks/bug reportings ;)
      I noted a lot of little things, don't be affraid or pissed off by the size of my report, I just want to help you guys :)
      (My english won't be perfect, sorry for that, but I think you should understand me ^^ just ask if something isn't clear :))

Karma Plugin :
      - I see that we can choose 5 votes (--, -, -+, +, ++), but voting + or ++ has the same "weight" on the map notation, I though a map with 2 votes, - and ++, would have a 75% karma, but for now it has a 50% karma. Is this normal, is it a bug ? If it's normal, I think an option to choose that kind of ranking would be nice !
      - When MX-Karma isn't activated, "MXKarma : no information" is still writen behind the map karma, maybe it would be an idea to hide this text when we don't want to use MXKarma ?
      - When restarting ManiaControl, I get an error because MX Karma Key isn't specified, even if I don't use the MX Karma

Donation Plugin :
      - It's nice to hide and show it with a single button, to simplify the server interface, but I think it is not that clear for players that they can donate ^^ would it be possible to add an option that allows us to have the donation menu opened by default ? people that don't want to see it can still minimize it, but it's easier to understand for new players :)
      - One more thing : It would be very useful if we could choose the menu opening direction ! (on the left or right)
      For now, the menu opens on the left, and that forbid us to put the button on the left of our interface , the menu isnt visible :(

Records Plugin :
      - I saw that Hark just told it today, but I didn't understand your answer : when we use RecordsWidget, if we restart ManiaControl, the plugin can't start, it says that "Local Records Plugin" has to be launched... Isn't there any way to start the "basic" plugins before, and then the downloaded plugins ? so that the downloaded plugins that needs some basic plugins can start without bug ? You said that the RecordsWidget authors should modify it, do you know who it is ? and how to ask it to him/them ?

TeamScript Plugin :
      - This plugin is a wonderfull idea, but I just have a little request about this one : I think that having the TS button in the "blue guy" menu (don't know how to call it xD) is nice, but that people won't find it and won't know it even exists xD would it be possible to have an option that allows us to put a button on the interface, like Donations button, so that people can find it easier ?

Personal Message Plugin :
      - There is a bug with this one : you can PM someone by using his account (ex : /pm z4y0x hi), but if you just type "/pm", to see list of players (thats what it's seems to be done for), ManiaControl will shutdown :( don't know if it's a plugin of yours, if it's not, let let me know, and give me a way to contact the author if possible :)

Customize Quit Message :
      - Apparently, I can't use this plugin without specifing a "Link to XML display", and a "Server URL". Think it would be a nice idea if we could use this plugin just to suggest to add the server in bookmarks, without other functions :)

Promote Plugin :
      - Don't know if its normal, but when you want to change the messages of the ServerInfo, or the frequency of the messages, ManiaControl shutdown ^^ (but if you desactivate Promote before, modify what you want, and then reactivate it, everything works fine, maybe its the way you wanted us to use it ?)

Server Ranking Plugin :
      - Exactly same behavior than Promote Plugin

Info Widget :
      - On this one, the NextMap widget doesn't work, it don't show anywhere ^^ For now, I'm using the NextMap of "Widget Plugin", but it's not the same look, and it won't show before the end of the map.

Logo Plugin :
      - I think it would be nice if we could just have our logo on the interface, without using any link when clicking on it. For now, the plugin doesn't start if no adress is specified for the link
      - Even when specifying an adress, you can't use any adress you want. The plugin only accept an image URL, you can't link it to a website ^^ that seems normal for the image URL, but I think thats not normal for the link URL :p
      - If you don't close the plugin before modifying settings, it will work if you give him an image URL (for the link setting : "GotoURL"), but if you try to link it to a website, ManiaControl will shutdown

Obstacle Pugin :
      - Don't know if you can do anything about it, but there is a little detail with the JumpTo command (I JUST LOVE IT) that could be improved : when you teleport on an unlimited ammo CP, you can't obtain unlimited ammo :/ maybe you could remove all CPs order when using this function ?

Miscellaneous :
      - Some plugins, like "Promote" or "Special Welcome", desactivate unexpectedly. I think it happens when an other plugin closed ManiaControl because of a bug

Well, I think that's all I got for now, I hope those feedbacks will help you to improve ManiaControl :D

Clem

Return to “ManiaControl”