Feedback and Reports for Release v0.15

ManiaControl, the completely new designed and easy to use controller managing all your Maniaplanet server.

Moderators: Jocy, Wabbitface, steeffeen, NADEO

TheM

Re: Feedback and Reports for Release v0.15

Post by TheM »

Clem wrote:Didn't get any error, but I just updated the plugin (think you just updated it a few mins ago ?)

It works again, but there still is a problem when restarting ManiaControl : the plugin doesn't desactivate any more, and doesn't give any error message, but the widget won't show until I desactivate and reactivate the plugin :)

If you don't have much time tonight, don't worry, it's usable, just go in holidays, and work on it when you come back ;)
Ghehe, thanks! ^^
For the meantime, could you try to replace the RecordsWidget.php file in /plugins/BWP/ with the one here: https://github.com/Chris92de/maniacontr ... Widget.php (right-click on "Raw" and "Save link as ..." (or something along those lines)) and let me know if it works?
Global moderator | Dutch moderator | Laddermoderator | ManiaWiki moderator
Server Manager/webmaster of Smurfen.net, join us on Canyon, Valley and Royal!
ESL (Game) Staff Head for TrackMania (Stadium, Canyon and Valley).
chco

Post by chco »

Hiya!
Clem wrote:Hi ! Hysteria // Clem here :)

Promote Plugin :
- Don't know if its normal, but when you want to change the messages of the ServerInfo, or the frequency of the messages, ManiaControl shutdown ^^ (but if you desactivate Promote before, modify what you want, and then reactivate it, everything works fine, maybe its the way you wanted us to use it ?)

I'll check into this. Do you have the latest version installed ?

Clem wrote:
Logo Plugin :
- I think it would be nice if we could just have our logo on the interface, without using any link when clicking on it. For now, the plugin doesn't start if no adress is specified for the link

I'll add that in a next update!

Clem wrote:
- Even when specifying an adress, you can't use any adress you want. The plugin only accept an image URL, you can't link it to a website ^^ that seems normal for the image URL, but I think thats not normal for the link URL :p
- If you don't close the plugin before modifying settings, it will work if you give him an image URL (for the link setting : "GotoURL"), but if you try to link it to a website, ManiaControl will shutdown

That is weird.. works fine here. I'll check the code again a bit later today!

Clem wrote:
Miscellaneous :
- Some plugins, like "Promote" desactivate unexpectedly. I think it happens when an other plugin closed ManiaControl because of a bug

Hmm it's installed on a lot of servers, didn't hear of this before. Looking into it!
chco

Post by chco »

Updated most of the plugins to have them in the correct plugin folder.
Made sure with the LOGO plugin that you can enter an image URL and for the website url it is optional. It also accepts any url now.

Please let me know your findings.

Cheers,
Charly
chco

Post by chco »

Clem, about

- Some plugins, like "Promote" desactivate unexpectedly. I think it happens when an other plugin closed ManiaControl because of a bug

I don't have it with the promote plugin, but I get this with the DynamicPointLimitPlugin
I keep having to activate it after the server has been shutdown.
steeffeen
Translator
Translator

Post by steeffeen »

well maniacontrol deactivates plugins after they caused a fatal error (leading to a crash of mc), so that the tool is able to keep running instead of shutting down all the time
maybe the detection isn't completely reliable but it should be almost 100%
    Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks
    chco

Post by chco »

As off the last update there's something weird with the plug-in updater.
    I get the message at boot-up that there are new versions of the plug-ins. I install them. MC tells me all updates are done and I need to restart. I restart, but then again it tells me there are new updates for plug-ins. It just doesn't update them any more for me.
    Any suggestions ?
    chco

Post by chco »

ok no problem, as long as you are aware of it.

Cheers,
    Charly
    crazydave

Post by crazydave »

I am having trouble with it shutting down on me..I am running it from xampp on my pc...error report is as follows:

Code: Select all

[02-Sep-2014 04:28:57 Europe/Paris] [INFO] Player left: kitsunecurator / ÒªJKitsune Playtime: 00:12:31
    [02-Sep-2014 05:17:39 Europe/Paris] [ERROR] Connection interrupted!
    [02-Sep-2014 05:17:39 Europe/Paris] [ManiaControl EXCEPTION]: Connection timed out while reading header
    Class: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\TransportException
    Trace:
    #0: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->onIoFailure(string(while reading header)) in File libs\Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote.php on Line 225
    #1: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->readMessage() in File libs\Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote.php on Line 200
    #2: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->flush(boolean(1)) in File libs\Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote.php on Line 130
    #3: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Xmlrpc\GbxRemote->query(string(GetDetailedPlayerInfo), array(string(crazyobstacleseasy))) in File libs\Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection.php on Line 153
    #4: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection->execute(string(GetDetailedPlayerInfo), array(string(crazyobstacleseasy))) in File libs\Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection.php on Line 3867
    #5: Maniaplanet\DedicatedServer\Connection->getDetailedPlayerInfo(string(crazyobstacleseasy)) in File core\Server\Server.php on Line 277
    #6: ManiaControl\Server\Server->getInfo() in File plugins\ObsMania\ObsMania.php on Line 1845
    #7: ObsMania\ObsMania::makeServerPasswordSettingName(object(ManiaControl\ManiaControl)) in File plugins\ObsMania\ObsMania.php on Line 1698
    #8: ObsMania\ObsMania->remoteCall(string(updateMapList), array(object(ManiaControl\Maps\Map), object(ManiaControl\Maps\Map), object(ManiaControl\Maps\Map), object(ManiaControl\Maps\Map), object(ManiaControl\Maps\Map), ...), ...) in File plugins\ObsMania\ObsMania.php on Line 440
    #9: ObsMania\ObsMania->updateMapList() in File plugins\ObsMania\ObsMania.php on Line 651
    #10: ObsMania\ObsMania->handleMapListModified(array(string(ManiaPlanet.MapListModified), array(integer(5), integer(6), boolean())))
    #11: call_user_func_array(array(object(ObsMania\ObsMania), string(handleMapListModified)), array(array(string(ManiaPlanet.MapListModified), array(integer(5), integer(6), boolean())))...) in File core\Callbacks\Listening.php on Line 62
    #12: ManiaControl\Callbacks\Listening->triggerCallbackWithParams(array(array(string(ManiaPlanet.MapListModified), array(integer(5), integer(6), boolean())))) in File core\Callbacks\CallbackManager.php on Line 285
    #13: ManiaControl\Callbacks\CallbackManager->triggerCallback(string(ManiaPlanet.MapListModified), array(string(ManiaPlanet.MapListModified), array(integer(5), integer(6), boolean()))) in File core\Callbacks\CallbackManager.php on Line 258
    #14: ManiaControl\Callbacks\CallbackManager->handleCallback(array(string(ManiaPlanet.MapListModified), array(integer(5), integer(6), boolean()))) in File core\Callbacks\CallbackManager.php on Line 223
    [02-Sep-2014 05:17:42 Europe/Paris] Exception successfully reported!
    [02-Sep-2014 05:17:42 Europe/Paris] Quitting ManiaControl after Exception.
    [02-Sep-2014 05:17:42 Europe/Paris] Quitting ManiaControl!
    Last edited by steeffeen on 02 Sep 2014, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: added [code] tag
    steeffeen
    Translator
    Translator

Post by steeffeen »

crazydave wrote:I am having trouble with it shutting down on me..I am running it from xampp on my pc...
    the problem you're having is a timeout / connection interruption between the dedicated server and maniacontrol
    how often do these appear?

there is indeed an issue in the programming library we are using to communicate with the server but we couldn't figure out what's causing it, so for now you will have to live it :/
      Game Mode and Title Pack Creator, Developer, ShootMania-Player & more

ManiaControl, FancyManiaLinks

Return to “ManiaControl”