Dynamically load new maps

ManiaControl, the completely new designed and easy to use controller managing all your Maniaplanet server.

Moderators: Jocy, Wabbitface, steeffeen, NADEO

Evilcious

Dynamically load new maps

Post by Evilcious »

Hi,

I'm hosting a Trackmania 2 Stadium server on a "in-house" server (using docker). I also like to make my own maps.

I found the way to add new maps by putting the map file on the server, modify the match settings file and restart the ManiaPlanet server.

Is there a better way through ManiaControl (or any other way) to do it ?

Like :
1) Put the file on the server through a UI from maniaControl ?
2) The map is automatically/dynamically added in the match Settings File
3) Without restarting the Mania Planet server, the new map is taken account and will be loaded at the position you wanted it.

Thanks for your answears :)
chco

Re: Dynamically load new maps

Post by chco »

Upload to https://sm.mania-exchange.com/
then you only have to type in console, while on the server, // add <smexchangemapid>

Otherwise you need to create an extension for ManiaControl that scans a folder for new maps and adds it to the .xml and reload the maps.
ranig

Post by ranig »

When you are playing on the server as admin and open the map list (with the button or the /list command) you will see a "Directory Browser" button that will let you navigate on the file system of the server and add new maps. In the maniacontrol settings, there is an option somewhere (not sure where atm) to automatically save the matchsettings file. That should take care of your point 2 and 3. I don't think it is possible to do what you want in point 1 however.
Your Trackmania resource for Nascar racing http://www.tm-nascar.com
Evilcious

Post by Evilcious »

Thanks man !

Works like a charm !
hackie

Post by hackie »

There is a tool for creating a matchsettings file. With this tool you can add tracks from youre harddrive to the matchsettings.
When you have saved the new matchsettings file you can read the new maplist on your server. ( Depends on what for server controller you are using )
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

Return to “ManiaControl”