TMUnited VS TMUnitedForever?

Discuss of everything related to TrackMania 1.
Link_of_Hyrule

TMUnited VS TMUnitedForever?

Post by Link_of_Hyrule »

Ok so I haven't played TrackMania in at least a couple years and I bought it back in 2007 so I redownloaded it using the link in the original email recipe I got and I can't activate it because I used up my activations when I was either transfering computers or just having problems and had to reinstall windows. Anyways I reinstalled it and it said enter my user key so I did and it gave me the TMUF download and I install it and that asked for my user key I input it then I logged in with my account and it let me in with out any sort of activation.

So my question is do I need to activate anything to have all the same features as my old version? Do I need to keep the other version installed? What exactly do I need to do to keep the functionality of what I paid for?

Anyways thanks for you time I hope you can help me! I have all the original serials in my email if I need it :)
tcq

Re: TMUnited VS TMUnitedForever?

Post by tcq »

If you installed successfully TMUF, then you can remove TMU. You need the key only to activate your account (at least this is, how it's handled with the dvd version), which i assume you did, because you were able to log in. After this you need only the last three characters of your key to activate ingame stuff (paying with coppers) or on your playerpage (dedicated server, increasing your buddylist amount).
But i'm not sure how this stuff with the "activation of the DL" version is handled.
Link_of_Hyrule

Post by Link_of_Hyrule »

OK so the TMUnitedForever has all the maps and everything from TMUnited then? Well that's good that I don't have to activate anything I didn't want to go thru emailing tech support and all that.
smwforever45

Post by smwforever45 »

Link_of_Hyrule wrote:OK so the TMUnitedForever has all the maps and everything from TMUnited then?
Nope. TMUF has its own maps, it doesn't have the ones from TMU. You can download the TMU tracks at TMX (TM-Exchange) though, so that shouldn't be a problem. ;)
Yoshiiiiiiii~ ;D

ImageImage

Manialink (CURRENTLY N/A) | YouTube | Homepage | Game collection

Ten small mistakes can be worse than one big mistake!
Link_of_Hyrule

Post by Link_of_Hyrule »

Do you know where I can get the original maps from Track Mania Sunrise?
Link_of_Hyrule

Post by Link_of_Hyrule »

OK Cool I'll check those out. :)
enV

Post by enV »

I never figured out the difference between tmu and tmuf.
seeba

Post by seeba »

TMUF allowed TMNF-players to play on the same servers as TMUF-players (only stadium of course).
Before, Nations and United were strictly seperated.

Also, the Forever Update added a number of Blocks...
enV

Post by enV »

Ah I see. I didn't remember when the nations players joined in. Bad move imo. Now all anyone does is play stadium :?

Return to “TrackMania 1 - English”