FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

The next generation of server controlling with clean and powerful user interface

Moderators: reaby, oliverde8, NADEO

Post Reply
oliverde8
Posts: 1322
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 07:33
Location: in a Blue Box

FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by oliverde8 » 29 Apr 2014, 21:36

Well whatver you don't like keep for your self, whatever you would like to see in eXpansion to it yourself, whatever bug you find fix it and send us a pull request in github.

If anything else post it here and we will see what we can do to help you :D
Image
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

samp
Posts: 74
Joined: 03 Mar 2013, 20:29

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by samp » 01 May 2014, 08:15

Tried the latest version from github master + your versions of manialib, manialive-lib and dedicated-server-api.

- Faq widget position was on the center of the screen (the question mark)
- Add to favourites widget position was on the center of the screen

Did Hud reset ->
- Faq widget stayed at the center
- Add to favourites jumped to the top right corner (probably the correct position)

Disabled Faq-plugin ->
- Admin panel jumped to the center of the screen and can't be moved

Also:
- CP times on top refresh weirdly, some times only 1. and 4. is displayed.
- Personal Best CP time on the center has horizontal gap between CP number and time (I tought it was fixed already)

All this on a Time Attack server.

oliverde8
Posts: 1322
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 07:33
Location: in a Blue Box

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by oliverde8 » 01 May 2014, 09:17

Hi, well the latest version on the master isn't 100% yet, we had to merge back what we did in a private repo during the beta.
You can download the latest realese here : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 05&t=26885

We will try to realese this weekend, but we addes some new stuff for administrators and then dedimania support for script mode and it still needs to be tested and finished. We have also auto update coming in.

Until we get all this stable the master on the git might not be stable. We sill use the dev branch again after the realese.

Were you using legaycy mode Time Attack? I had checked widgets poistions in legacy modes but will recheck to see why the faq was centered.
I will also try disable the faq and see with the admin panel what happens. We have recently made all widget position configurable might be something to do with that

The Cp times is a known bug, for some resons some times the maniascript variable we use has still values from previous race. and when it does and CP were closer to each other on the previous race it doesent update.

Edit, eXPansion works only with MP3 not with MP2 due to changes made to the script languages which may explains why it didn't work.
Might also be the title pack checking I will look into it

Edit : The gap is there for when in laps mode, the nb Laps is shown as well as the number of the CP
Image
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

samp
Posts: 74
Joined: 03 Mar 2013, 20:29

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by samp » 01 May 2014, 09:33

oliverde8 wrote:Hi, well the latest version on the master isn't 100% yet, we had to merge back what we did in a private repo during the beta.
You can download the latest realese here : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 05&t=26885

We will try to realese this weekend, but we addes some new stuff for administrators and then dedimania support for script mode and it still needs to be tested and finished. We have also auto update coming in.

Until we get all this stable the master on the git might not be stable. We sill use the dev branch again after the realese.
Okey, I will wait for the real release.
oliverde8 wrote:Were you using legaycy mode Time Attack?
Is there some new Time Attack mode? What's the difference?
oliverde8 wrote:Edit, eXPansion works only with MP3 not with MP2 due to changes made to the script languages which may explains why it didn't work.
Using MP3 of course as it's force updated to all.
oliverde8 wrote:Edit : The gap is there for when in laps mode, the nb Laps is shown as well as the number of the CP
Well, the gap is useless in Time Attack and looks ugly.

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

samp
Posts: 74
Joined: 03 Mar 2013, 20:29

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by samp » 04 May 2014, 14:34

My problem with widget positions was solved thanks to Reaby. The problem was that I had some old config.ini from my previous installation that didn't use AutoLoad. That's why the widget positions were not properly set.

Now everything seems to be working with v. 0.9.5 :D

tcq
Posts: 2706
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 11:02

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by tcq » 05 May 2014, 09:51

I really love eXpansion. It runs so smooth and allows you to remove most of the widgets into the TAB screen to keep space while racing. Just some things that might be worthwhile to reconsider that, I feel, would make it even better.

1. On the top right corner, you have the "add fav's" and "replay" button. I would love it, if it would be possible to shift all of the eXPansion interface (that is on the top right corner)into the TAB screen.

2. If I press right click and the menu opens and I just want to click on the map list, it would be great if I could use a left click on the menu point "maps" to open the map list directly instead of going to the sub menu.

3. In the map list itself, it would be great If you could activate the scrolling for the mouse wheel (dunno if it already works, for me at least it doesn't).

4. Once more in the map list. Can it be possible to add sorting functions? For example clicking on one of the column headers could sort the map list acordingly. For example click ones on the author time header, it will sort it from shortest to longest. Clicking again will sort from longest to shortest.

5. Is there a possibility to add a column to the map list showing the vehicle driven on the map in question? Dunno if this is provided from the map header or not.

reaby
Posts: 934
Joined: 29 Dec 2010, 23:26
Location: Eastern Finland
Contact:

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by reaby » 05 May 2014, 10:57

tcq wrote:I really love eXpansion. It runs so smooth and allows you to remove most of the widgets into the TAB screen to keep space while racing. Just some things that might be worthwhile to reconsider that, I feel, would make it even better.
Many thanks ! It's very nice to hear this words and makes me feel more comfy that i should keep developing eXpansion
also in future!
tcq wrote: 1. On the top right corner, you have the "add fav's" and "replay" button. I would love it, if it would be possible to shift all of the eXPansion interface (that is on the top right corner)into the TAB screen.
It is possible indeed, but it requires us to create and send every widget 2 times to game client, which i would not like to do since:

makes memory requirements 2x bigger
makes bandwidth for server 2x bigger
tcq wrote: 2. If I press right click and the menu opens and I just want to click on the map list, it would be great if I could use a left click on the menu point "maps" to open the map list directly instead of going to the sub menu.
I see this as an usability issue..
Current menu structure is same for admins and players, admins have just so much more in the menu..
I think i have to do totally different menus to player and admins..

I propose following structure for player menu:

Code: Select all

Help
Show Maps
Show Players
Statistics ->
Hud ->
Votes ->
Leave Server
tcq wrote: 3. In the map list itself, it would be great If you could activate the scrolling for the mouse wheel (dunno if it already works, for me at least it doesn't).
For latest maniascript documents i didn't find bindings for mouse wheel. This indeed would have been done already if it would be possible, since i try to use wheel some times even i know it doesn't work. So it's not possible at the moment :)
tcq wrote: 4. Once more in the map list. Can it be possible to add sorting functions? For example clicking on one of the column headers could sort the map list acordingly. For example click ones on the author time header, it will sort it from shortest to longest. Clicking again will sort from longest to shortest.
Sorting works already, in the way you described for everything else that environment column.
tcq wrote: 5. Is there a possibility to add a column to the map list showing the vehicle driven on the map in question? Dunno if this is provided from the map header or not.
[/quote]
No, since well i looked in to this issue already. It's more complicated than you would think of.

The Bad news:
This data is not at Header / Metadata of the map. Also Dedicated server _currently_ doesn't send car infos for the map when querying getMapsList(-1,0) in it's data. I hope Nadeo adds support for this, since carmix is officially supported.

I talked to Tiggs already about reading the value directly from map data...
and to do so, i would need to uncompress the map body and read first chunk of the data and search for specific value.. but looks like that PHP doesn't have the compression algorithm that is used. Not as library, not as extension.
So I really can't read the data using PHP based script.

The good news:
ManiaExchange API was added field for car type, since MX can read the car value from the map.
So when i finish the changes for eXpansion (next week or so.. i really want to have a pause...) car value will be visible in mapslist for maps added from mx.

samp
Posts: 74
Joined: 03 Mar 2013, 20:29

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by samp » 05 May 2014, 20:09

Thank you guys for the great server controller!

Just some minor notices (that you might already be aware of but I list them all):

- Widget settings do not apply to all widgets. e.g. the background opacity does not change next map widget's background opacity.
- Legacy mode(?) Time attack, end map rating widget overlaps chat.
- Why is mx-button below server name and Add to fav's below track name? Keep things logical: Track related under track name, Server related below server name.
- Next map widget, maybe add info "Next map:"
- Personal best CP widget aligned too much to the right in Time Attack, should be centered
- Minor typo when "jukeboxing" a track: "1th" (and the Finnish translation is even funnier)
- Very minor thing but: Next map widget and Ratings widget should be same size and have same margins

That's all for now :D

Edit. one more:
- "Maximum restarts reached" is displayed even though I have declared:
public $publicResAmount = array(-1);
Last edited by samp on 06 May 2014, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

oliverde8
Posts: 1322
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 07:33
Location: in a Blue Box

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by oliverde8 » 05 May 2014, 20:49

Hi thanks a lot, we will look into it, priority to
Widget settings do not apply to all widgets. e.g. the background opacity does not change next map widget's background opacity.
Legacy mode(?) Time attack, end map rating widget overlaps chat.
The rest can be do in time, we want to have some fixes, performance improvements for big databases it will be later on. I am not quite sure for this :
Next map widget, maybe add info "Next map:"
We use to have it but then the widget was to big, and didn't look very nice, can retry and see if we can make it better.

Will check this, but normally it is a bit on the right due to the Lap : x/X that also comes there when on Laps mode, it might be to compensate for that. Still to check
Personal best CP widget aligned too much to the right in Time Attack, should be centered
And will look in the rest of it as well :thumbsup:

Thanks for the report. I like reports with no crash report :D
Image
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

User avatar
weerwolf
Posts: 603
Joined: 15 Jun 2010, 21:21
Location: Wijchen, Netherlands
Contact:

Re: FeedBack & Bugs | Your ideas are important

Post by weerwolf » 13 May 2014, 16:37

Expansion in game map adding

So, running multiple servers is also here a adventure, but in general already really better than xaseco.
Nevertheless, the folowing situation:

A really nice sorted multiple gameserver structure is:

--/mpserver
--/mpserver/Userdata/Maps

--/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server1
--/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server1/Matchsettings
--/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server1/MX

--/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server2
--/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server2/Matchsettings
--/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server2/MX

AdminServ, a great webbased servertool is working in this way, and it works really good
So, it would be brilliant if eXpansion would close up into this and make it work a system togehter.

--/mpserver/Userdata/Maps > build in basepath
configurable basepath: Server1 > which saves into --/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server1

MX configuration setting > MX > which saves into --/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server1/MX

Autosave matchsettings > Matchsettings/matchsettings.txt > which saves into --/mpserver/UserData/Maps/Server1/Matchsettings
LYNX Gaming Community!
Become a member? Join us on TeamSpeak.

Post Reply

Return to “eXpansion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests