eXpansion 0.9.8 ~ Release Candidate (07/11/2015)

The next generation of server controlling with clean and powerful user interface

Moderators: reaby, oliverde8, NADEO

oliverde8

eXpansion 0.9.8 ~ Release Candidate (07/11/2015)

Post by oliverde8 » 07 Nov 2015, 18:26

Release Candidate 0.9.8 (07/11/2015)

Well this time time didn't fly, :) we did our previous release nearly a year ago, and here we are still with a release candidate. Hopefully this is our last Release Candidate before the big one. I am going to be bold and even announce that you won't need to wait as much for the next release.

This version is again about details, fixes & more fixes. But also about better understanding you needs. It has been tested & tested. We would like to thank a lot frosbleu & TheBigG. for using our tool during the Weekly Race.
It has allowed us to improve the tool a lot and see how it works with 200+ players on a server. I would also like to thanks mangstef from the PMC who uses the pack, with a custom plugin written for them alone. Of course I thank everyone that has helped us during the testing process & everyone that has been using this tool.

I really hope you will like the 0.9.8 and the animations, the new nicer design.

Download

http://server1.oliver-decramer.com/MP/e ... .9.8.7.zip

What is eXpansion
eXpansion is a next generation controller with simple intuitive gui that allows you to control TrackMania & Shootmania servers. It is the first controller to rely on Maniascript to offer incredible experience to players and incredible advantages to the admins.

More about : http://www.ml-expansion.com/
More about : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 18&t=27344

Gallery : http://www.ml-expansion.com/gallery.php
(we need to update it :oops: )

How to migrate from 0.9.7
Using auto update
  • Make sure git is installed on your server
  • RightClick > Server Settings > Expansion Settings
  • On first page you will check use git update
  • Make sure branch name is master
  • Save settings
  • run /admin update command in game
  • and restart expansion /admin manialive restart
See auto update tutorial for more information : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... AutoUpdate

Manually
  • Create new folder for 0.9.8
  • Unzip the file
  • Copy your old Config folder to 0.9.8 Config
  • Start the controller
Stop using dev channel
If you are using dev channel we are going soon to push some changes that will break your auto update. I strongly suggest you to switch to nighty or master.

How to Install
Installing eXpansion is extremely simple and straight forward. If you already installed XASeco or any similar controller you will find it to be even easier as there is only a few lines of config to edit, once that is done you do everything in game.

Install guide for windows : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... ll-windows

Install guide for linux : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... tall-linux

ChangeLog
  • Anonymous analytics to keep track of the servers & errors.
  • New LocalRecords system allowing easy coding of new implementations for new game modes.
  • Support for Platform & Obstacles SM Title
  • Plugin search
  • Settings can be in plugins specific windows
  • Custom UI plugin improved
  • added commands to enable/disable chat
  • Added feature to delete records
  • Added Bet plugin
  • Quiz improvements
  • Added Knockout plugin
  • You can now inspect CP times of dedimania & Local records
  • Fixed issue with display of ranks
  • Menu improved, when clicking tab menu is disabled
  • New Chat widget
  • Improvements to the GUI
  • add keepPlayerSlots checkbox for server options
  • Better support for remote installation
  • added inputbox for loading matchsettings file from server
  • fixes for map handling when running remote (disable unlink forexample)
  • local map browser: shouldn't be able to open it anymore, but in case, added check for running remote + infomessage
  • local map browser window -> disable erase maps if you are running remote
  • close window current active and opened window by escape-key
  • adding new keyboard shortcut for windows -> pressing tab will focus on buttons and inputboxes
  • added keyboard shortcuts for pager and optimized pager: pg up & pg down
  • fixed pager: when you scrolled the pager didn't go all away up
  • Ad widgets supports upto 5 widget now
  • Added topbar. Other devs can customize the content in it using the eXpansion hooks
  • Added color picker, to chose color in settings
  • Passing your mouse on buttom left corner of screen hides widgets
  • Added posibility to change default chat box size
  • topsums command
  • fix for rounds custom setpoints
  • Around Me widget, works for spectators as well
  • Live rankings can also center on specteted player
  • Added confirmation messages
  • Dedimania support for custom titles
  • Redesign of the hud using native MP elements (increases performance as well)
  • Auto hide functionality on widgets. (Helps with low FPS, displays widget when not driving only)
  • Possibility to swith back to default settings with a simple click
  • Added guest windows and commands that were missing for some reasons
  • Fixed critical issue with missing display elements on map switch ...
And many more little stuff :D

What is next
Next step is the stable release, as I already announced the next version will need a new installation (same configs just no autoupdate). It will be a verion with little changes. The main change will be the way we handle the update. It will allow other developpers to create their own plugins that will work with auto update feature. We are also going to work on the documentation.

Of course there are still bugs, some visual elements not being perfectly aligned and a lot to improve. We already have a todo list. But what will be done for the 1.0.0 will depend on the amount of time and what we feel like to do.

So allons y !!
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server with legacy and script mode support. Just give it a try !!

oliverde8

Re: eXpansion 0.9.8 ~ Release Candidate (07/11/2015)

Post by oliverde8 » 08 Nov 2015, 21:22

Hi, not much comments on the forum :(

We are up to 103 servers running eXpansion at the moment, taking into account all version. Thanks for everyone. :D
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server with legacy and script mode support. Just give it a try !!

TMarc

Post by TMarc » 08 Nov 2015, 22:41

no comment = everything working fine :thumbsup:
Keep up doing your great work :yes:
maniaplanet forum global moderator

Link list with FAQ, Support, Wiki, Tutorials, Community activities, and much more.
Bug/crash? Please report here, also try the current debug version.

System specs: i7-970 12GB RAM, nVidia GTX 970, SB X-Fi, 2xSSD

endbase

Post by endbase » 10 Nov 2015, 07:52

Running 6 servers with eXpansion very happy with it :thx:

w1lla

Post by w1lla » 10 Nov 2015, 22:49

Running 1 server really happy with the additions, but there is always room for improvement especially GUI wise. but that is my point of view.
TM² Info
SM Info
QM Info

MB: MSI 970A-G46
Processor: AMD FX-6300 3500 mHz
RAM Memory: 16 GB DDR3
Video: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280X 3GB GDDR5
KB: Logitech G510s
Mouse: Logitech G300s
Mode Creation
ManiaScript Docs

oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 11 Nov 2015, 08:45

endbase wrote:Running 6 servers with eXpansion very happy with it :thx:
Thanks, :)
w1lla wrote:Running 1 server really happy with the additions, but there is always room for improvement especially GUI wise. but that is my point of view.
You will need to be more precise about what you think needs to be improved and on which game mode title. I think eXpansion gui is among the nicest GUI there is (I don't use top bar I don't like it); that is of course me :).

Color schema and transparencies can be changed in the ingame settings.

But what can be improved is positioning, there are overlapping buttons in a few windows and things like that :( There are also missing information on some of the windows or even missing windows for a few things as MX information.

But we are on it :D

Thanks for your feedback

jaga01

Post by jaga01 » 24 Nov 2015, 20:49

very very very Bad bug on it.. i got 80 players on server and just got game crash. me and all players on it.. i wait again that server to grow again and same crash... i had to go back on my old controller :( maybe you can fix this ?

oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 » 24 Nov 2015, 22:27

Hi, O am sorry to hear that.

Can you please gave us the list of all the plugins you were using? And also the game mode (script, legacy)

I don't see any errors in the logs of any servers running the last version. We have already tested eXpansion with 200+ players. Game crashes can be caused indirectly by the controllers but the controllers are not to blame. We of course need to find the feature of the game that we use and causes this in order to report the error to Nadeo(so that it might be fixed for the next century) and meanwhile we need to find a work around.

jaga01

Post by jaga01 » 24 Nov 2015, 22:57

Hey !

I am using Legacy.
Plugins: Bet, Dedimania, History chat,map widget, and i used 1000 recs.. maybe that is the problem ?

SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... » 31 Jan 2016, 09:14

salut

je teste cette version super gg
juste une chose c possible de me dire comment je peu reduire par 2 le widget de dedimania svp
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM

Return to “eXpansion”