Release Candidate 0.9.8 (07/11/2015)
Well this time time didn't fly, we did our previous release nearly a year ago, and here we are still with a release candidate. Hopefully this is our last Release Candidate before the big one. I am going to be bold and even announce that you won't need to wait as much for the next release.
This version is again about details, fixes & more fixes. But also about better understanding you needs. It has been tested & tested. We would like to thank a lot frosbleu & TheBigG. for using our tool during the Weekly Race.
It has allowed us to improve the tool a lot and see how it works with 200+ players on a server. I would also like to thanks mangstef from the PMC who uses the pack, with a custom plugin written for them alone. Of course I thank everyone that has helped us during the testing process & everyone that has been using this tool.
I really hope you will like the 0.9.8 and the animations, the new nicer design.
http://server1.oliver-decramer.com/MP/e ... .9.8.7.zip
What is eXpansion
eXpansion is a next generation controller with simple intuitive gui that allows you to control TrackMania & Shootmania servers. It is the first controller to rely on Maniascript to offer incredible experience to players and incredible advantages to the admins.
More about : http://www.ml-expansion.com/
More about : http://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewtopic. ... 18&t=27344
Gallery : http://www.ml-expansion.com/gallery.php
(we need to update it )
How to migrate from 0.9.7
Using auto update
- Make sure git is installed on your server
- RightClick > Server Settings > Expansion Settings
- On first page you will check use git update
- Make sure branch name is master
- Save settings
- run /admin update command in game
- and restart expansion /admin manialive restart
- Create new folder for 0.9.8
- Unzip the file
- Copy your old Config folder to 0.9.8 Config
- Start the controller
If you are using dev channel we are going soon to push some changes that will break your auto update. I strongly suggest you to switch to nighty or master.
How to Install
Installing eXpansion is extremely simple and straight forward. If you already installed XASeco or any similar controller you will find it to be even easier as there is only a few lines of config to edit, once that is done you do everything in game.
Install guide for windows : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... ll-windows
Install guide for linux : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... tall-linux
- Anonymous analytics to keep track of the servers & errors.
- New LocalRecords system allowing easy coding of new implementations for new game modes.
- Support for Platform & Obstacles SM Title
- Plugin search
- Settings can be in plugins specific windows
- Custom UI plugin improved
- added commands to enable/disable chat
- Added feature to delete records
- Added Bet plugin
- Quiz improvements
- Added Knockout plugin
- You can now inspect CP times of dedimania & Local records
- Fixed issue with display of ranks
- Menu improved, when clicking tab menu is disabled
- New Chat widget
- Improvements to the GUI
- add keepPlayerSlots checkbox for server options
- Better support for remote installation
- added inputbox for loading matchsettings file from server
- fixes for map handling when running remote (disable unlink forexample)
- local map browser: shouldn't be able to open it anymore, but in case, added check for running remote + infomessage
- local map browser window -> disable erase maps if you are running remote
- close window current active and opened window by escape-key
- adding new keyboard shortcut for windows -> pressing tab will focus on buttons and inputboxes
- added keyboard shortcuts for pager and optimized pager: pg up & pg down
- fixed pager: when you scrolled the pager didn't go all away up
- Ad widgets supports upto 5 widget now
- Added topbar. Other devs can customize the content in it using the eXpansion hooks
- Added color picker, to chose color in settings
- Passing your mouse on buttom left corner of screen hides widgets
- Added posibility to change default chat box size
- topsums command
- fix for rounds custom setpoints
- Around Me widget, works for spectators as well
- Live rankings can also center on specteted player
- Added confirmation messages
- Dedimania support for custom titles
- Redesign of the hud using native MP elements (increases performance as well)
- Auto hide functionality on widgets. (Helps with low FPS, displays widget when not driving only)
- Possibility to swith back to default settings with a simple click
- Added guest windows and commands that were missing for some reasons
- Fixed critical issue with missing display elements on map switch ...
What is next
Next step is the stable release, as I already announced the next version will need a new installation (same configs just no autoupdate). It will be a verion with little changes. The main change will be the way we handle the update. It will allow other developpers to create their own plugins that will work with auto update feature. We are also going to work on the documentation.
Of course there are still bugs, some visual elements not being perfectly aligned and a lot to improve. We already have a todo list. But what will be done for the 1.0.0 will depend on the amount of time and what we feel like to do.
So allons y !!