Max map list.

The next generation of server controlling with clean and powerful user interface

Moderators: reaby, oliverde8, NADEO

hackie

Max map list.

Post by hackie »

Hi.

Uhm , how manny maps can expansion handle in the map list ?

I tried with 3000 maps and expansion does not work right anymore :o
I'm pushing it to the limit :pil
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
SSM.Speed...

Re: Max map list.

Post by SSM.Speed... »

salut

idem 1673 maps /list bug
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

Hi,

As you know we are using scrollbars in the map list, the issue with that as we create a single window containing all the data of all the maps that needs to be displayed. The issue here is that the manialink is to big & won't be accepted by the game.

The limit is around 800 maps depending on the length of the map name.

The only way to go around this problem is to have someone making a new Maps plugin which have different windows. I don't think it should be part of the eXpansion package as I don't see alot of servers needing this and there is other priorities, but if anyone built a plugin that doesen't use the scrollbar there should be no issue with map limit.
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
SSM.Speed...

Post by SSM.Speed... »

oliverde8 wrote:Hi,

As you know we are using scrollbars in the map list, the issue with that as we create a single window containing all the data of all the maps that needs to be displayed. The issue here is that the manialink is to big & won't be accepted by the game.

The limit is around 800 maps depending on the length of the map name.

The only way to go around this problem is to have someone making a new Maps plugin which have different windows. I don't think it should be part of the eXpansion package as I don't see alot of servers needing this and there is other priorities, but if anyone built a plugin that doesen't use the scrollbar there should be no issue with map limit.

ok ty
createur de server depuis 2005 nadeo 1>tmnf 2>tmc et 4>Stad² 15>storm 43> server matchmaking pour un total de 65 server 24/24 createur du FanClub SSM
hackie

Post by hackie »

Well , the most popular servers ( the mini and the lol server ) have more maps then 800.
Lol server still running xaseco but it would be a nice feature that expasion could handle more maps.

maybe a thing to add to the todo list. :D :thx:
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

hackie wrote:Well , the most popular servers ( the mini and the lol server ) have more maps then 800.
Lol server still running xaseco but it would be a nice feature that expasion could handle more maps.

maybe a thing to add to the todo list. :D :thx:
Well speed says it handles 1600 maps fine, I haven't tested it with that much but if it works :clap: We have brought a few optimizations since the last time I had tested at was blocked at around 800.

The scrollbars are part of the spirit of eXpasion which doesn't fallow the conventions of the "older" controllers. Those with the way Manialinks works today brings this limitation. We find our self with 2 choice; either we make a step backwards to handle it with pagers, or continue forwards.

Having both solution is very costly for maintainance it means every time we decide to change anything in that window we need to think about the other version as well.

I would like to continue forwards on this subject. 1k maps tends to anyway slow down all the map gui on old controllers as well; and I doubt that it is actually necessary to keep that many maps on the server. But then I am not a server admin :)

If there is a hight enough demand I really hope for other developers to come and complete the missing bits with their plugins. The eXpansion package is enormous and contains "to much" stuff. In the future I would like to remove plugins that are part of the main package right now and distribute them separately (such as the haloowen, the snow widgets, or tennis & other competition mods).
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

Don't generate a frame for every single map, if you have so many maps and as smooth scrollbar. Do around 16 (depending how many maps fit in the window) + one additional row. Then you can just use 17 models that actively switch their content, depending on the scroll position.

Quick edit:
Butr etrieving data for all models every time user scrolls just one map up or down can use a lot of CPU, so better do it like you had 2 pages loaded at once - it would load 32 maps and change displayed ones only after scrolling 16 of them.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, but we are already doing something similar to that :D if not it wouldn't even handle 200 maps.

The map data is stored in a table in Maniascript, and the data is moved as you say. Won't tell you how complicated it was to have tooltips & all the click towards the controller works :) because we use standard buttons and the thing you put in the display needs to work automatically inside a scroller or not.

We have also a pager that just moves the frames but that one we use where there is to many interactions to handle to gain time and where the number of elements is more limited, such as list of options.

Return to “eXpansion”