[News][05-02-2016]eXpansion 1.0.2.* is in the pipes

The next generation of server controlling with clean and powerful user interface

Moderators: reaby, oliverde8, NADEO

oliverde8

[News][05-02-2016]eXpansion 1.0.2.* is in the pipes

Post by oliverde8 »

1.0.2.* (03/04/2016)

2016 has ended since our last update, Maniaplanet 4 is at our doorsteps and eXpansion is getting along quite well.

The previous 1.0.1 update was a great update we saw the error rate of expansion fall greatly, improved the memory usage & most important fixed multiple big memory leaks causing expansion to be unstable.

Our next update focuses as always on stability; we have fixed multiple errors on different versions of mysql. But we have also worked on the UI, which continues to improve. A few rough edges have been fixed and more information have been added. We for example have a new window to see detailed information on the maps.

The coming update is in many ways relatively small, we spent less time on it and it was during the holiday season.

One of the improvements that was made is about our analytics tool. We are still using Elasticsearch for storing the analytics but we switched to grafana for the display of the metrics :

It's not in the dashboard I screenshot but why is so many of you still using PHP5.4? :D PHP 5.4 & 5.5 which are both deprecated is being used on 30% of the servers with eXpansion. We are still supporting those version but at one point we will have to drop the support so be warned :)

Also there a quite a few servers running old versions of eXpansion, if you have issues we can't support you, you need to update.

Well the Changes as they currently stand :
  • Improved UI of players window for non admin users & admin users
  • Added a map information window
  • Improved Admin groups window (a new interface for permissions is planned but for next versions)
  • Map list was enhanced to highlight recently played maps & current map
  • Map list ability to sort by local record
  • Maniaexchange, possibility to configure file name & path when downloading
  • Loca maps window has been enchanced and made to work faster
  • Storing Mania exchange information
  • Adding map tags manually
  • Created chat language groups
  • Fixed vote restart restarting the map 2 times
  • Fixed issue with grouping queries on some mysql versions
  • FIxed server neighborhood plugin crashing
  • Fixed multiple php errors.
  • Improving the ingame help. Interface and content
  • Improved performance of map list window. It's 10 times faster.
  • Improved ui of Players window for non admins, Guest and related windows, Map information, Admin groups is to small unreadeble
  • Fixed issue with ingame update.
What is still in the pipes
  • Fixing the clear map list crashing eXpansion
  • Fixin new style widgets not nice with rounds & laps ... mode
  • Profiling with analytics tool.
You can always check what is up with this version here : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... +is%3Aopen

We don't have a release date yet, it won't be to long but it will be ready when it is ready. We will probably have the new version on nightly by the end of the day and if not next week.

See you
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
tcq

Re: [News][05-02-2016]eXpansion 1.0.2.* is in the pipes

Post by tcq »

As always, you guys are doing an incredible job here with eXpansion :thumbsup:
Nerpson
Translator
Translator

Post by Nerpson »

Wow ! The dashboard looks clean :shock:
ImageImageImageImage
reaby

Post by reaby »

Many thanks for thanks :)

I just hear that mapslist was slow on servers with alot of maps (600+)...
So I tested myself, and indeed it took 12 seconds for 645 maps to generate all data, i'm glad i managed to reduce the memory foot print and generating time ALOT. It took about 10mb memory for instance, now it takes less than 1mb, and what comes to the time reduction... from 12 sec to about 0.5sec!
Feels good :yes:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

Awesome, you guys are surprising me everytime :D :thumbsup: :3
tcq

Post by tcq »

Great job there reaby :)
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

Hi, guys

nightly has been updated with 1.0.2.0(The audience screens) We have update the list on the first post with the list of changes since 1.0.1.*

The main improvements are the FAQ plugin & the performance of the map list.

The FAQ topics are now generated from markdown files.
This means it's easier to enrich those pages for us & also for you guys. It also means they can be visualized directly in the browser : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... /en/toc.md

All the English pages can be found here : https://github.com/eXpansionPluginPack/ ... /Topics/en

We do hope some of you wishes to contribute to get the documentation to a next level. And also work on the translations. Again as it's markdown it's easy to test your fixes.

We will probably in the future create a repository dedicated to the documentation, using maybe github pages? Need to see how that works...

We are not yet ready for release, still test needs to be done & a few developments are still in the pipes. One of them is an advanced profiler that will send data to our analytics tool.
The idea is to see what needs optimization and also priority which one has the most impact.

We have a lot of ideas for eXpansion but little time :( hopefully we can get this version ready and published in less then a month.

Edit : Here is a small Screnshoot of the Technical data on the analytics tool :
http://trackmania-carpark.com/imagespar ... 26f86b.png

You can see that we can filter data by eXpansion version, php version, game & title. What is quite sad is as I said before deprecated PHP versions are used by 35% of the servers using eXpansion. And the static remains the same for servers that has updated to the latest version of eXpansion.
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...
hackie

Post by hackie »

I udated the server today ( expansion ) after restart of the server and restart of expansion I get this :

When I join the server as master admin I see this in my windows console

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ManiaLib\Gui\Manialink::setFrameAttributes
() in F:\MP3-servers\MP3-StadiumExpansionMx\eXpansion\vendor\maniaplanet\maniali
ve-lib\ManiaLive\Gui\Control.php on line 142
Druk op een toets om door te gaan. . .

Expansion stops.

I seen all logs but there is nothing to see.

Suggestions ?
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

I know here it comes from. You are using nightly? Did you use the ingame update?

Can you run the composer update manually? I had the same issue on my server I thought it was composer cache. One of the dependecies didn't update properly I relaunched composer update and it fixed it. If it still doesn't work delete the vendor directory(or rename it) and try again.

I wil add tags to the repository tomorrow it seems that if not it creates issues with dependencies.
hackie

Post by hackie »

nightly - yes
ingame update - yes
I try the rest :thumbsup:

Thanks fot quick responce , be continued.
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11

Return to “eXpansion”