2016 has ended since our last update, Maniaplanet 4 is at our doorsteps and eXpansion is getting along quite well.
The previous 1.0.1 update was a great update we saw the error rate of expansion fall greatly, improved the memory usage & most important fixed multiple big memory leaks causing expansion to be unstable.
Our next update focuses as always on stability; we have fixed multiple errors on different versions of mysql. But we have also worked on the UI, which continues to improve. A few rough edges have been fixed and more information have been added. We for example have a new window to see detailed information on the maps.
The coming update is in many ways relatively small, we spent less time on it and it was during the holiday season.
One of the improvements that was made is about our analytics tool. We are still using Elasticsearch for storing the analytics but we switched to grafana for the display of the metrics :
It's not in the dashboard I screenshot but why is so many of you still using PHP5.4? PHP 5.4 & 5.5 which are both deprecated is being used on 30% of the servers with eXpansion. We are still supporting those version but at one point we will have to drop the support so be warned
Also there a quite a few servers running old versions of eXpansion, if you have issues we can't support you, you need to update.
Well the Changes as they currently stand :
- Improved UI of players window for non admin users & admin users
- Added a map information window
- Improved Admin groups window (a new interface for permissions is planned but for next versions)
- Map list was enhanced to highlight recently played maps & current map
- Map list ability to sort by local record
- Maniaexchange, possibility to configure file name & path when downloading
- Loca maps window has been enchanced and made to work faster
- Storing Mania exchange information
- Adding map tags manually
- Created chat language groups
- Fixed vote restart restarting the map 2 times
- Fixed issue with grouping queries on some mysql versions
- FIxed server neighborhood plugin crashing
- Fixed multiple php errors.
- Improving the ingame help. Interface and content
- Improved performance of map list window. It's 10 times faster.
- Improved ui of Players window for non admins, Guest and related windows, Map information, Admin groups is to small unreadeble
- Fixed issue with ingame update.
- Fixing the clear map list crashing eXpansion
- Fixin new style widgets not nice with rounds & laps ... mode
- Profiling with analytics tool.
We don't have a release date yet, it won't be to long but it will be ready when it is ready. We will probably have the new version on nightly by the end of the day and if not next week.