eXpansion 1.* support drop

The next generation of server controlling with clean and powerful user interface

Moderators: reaby, oliverde8, NADEO

Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: eXpansion support drop

Post by Dommy »

hackie wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 12:25youre videos suck ! :roflol:
*your :kappa:
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
hackie

Post by hackie »

domino54 wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 12:32
hackie wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 12:25youre videos suck ! :roflol:
*your :kappa:
System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K / 4 GHz - 8 MB cache
GPU: MSI GTX 980TI GAMING 6G - OC Edition
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII RANGER
RAM : 32Gb Kingston HyperX Savage - DDR4
DirectX 11
kripkee

Post by kripkee »

look, I have absolute no problem with eXpansion itself, I always rent server for players with eXpansion. But if I read something like this, that support got dropped and parts like: "But it seems that the community wishes for XAseco or whatever other crap there is (I am being nusty),[...]The recent beta has confirmed us that eXpansion is unwanted." then there might be a big missinterpretation what the hoster wants at least. In this case, we a view of "coder" and "user".

And hackie, if you are not able to offer my criticism about this support drop, then you did not understand my post. Yeah, a beta might be super cool etc. but it's complety pointless if you run a server with 20+ Players and then w00p, expansion is down - because "beta". I am not 24/7 at home to restart a servercontroller again. A hoster want's a stable controller, a hoster looks for tools and check what these tools can do. The bad thing behind this: Xaseco has a great past and it's useless how old this tool is, it runs stable - even with php7.1 with the reaby + bueddl fix (http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=35817 + http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=37120).

It's pointless if fufimenu is no more "2017". The fact is, new players find easily a menu to navigate, meanwhile the menu in expansion is like a "hidden feature". And when I need to click 5 times to open this beautiful control panel in the adminsection - even reported - then it's like "try /admin control" (or something like that).

I am really thankfull what oliverde8 and reaby did. But playing victim of "no one is interested" helps nobody.

Edit: And why should I use eXpansion for Shootmania? I have Maniacontrol, which is perfect for Shootmania gamemodes. Only one Royal Server uses MPaseco. So why does it for Maniacontrol and for eXpansion?

eXpansion can almost everything what Xaseco can (except kicking players to spec with a autoqueue for players - Race of Champions need this^^). That's why I use since 0.9.8.x eXpansion. So don't tell me I am negative.
oliverde8

Post by oliverde8 »

I haven't been clear enough in the first post, but added some details in a second post later. which I think should help to understand our decision.
oliverde8 wrote: 12 Mar 2017, 00:34 it's not just about the people not using or updating. We realized quite a while ago that eXp had grown to much. We have asked for help for other developers to do plugins(not personnally to anyone just announced) and no one came. So we built even more hoping to attact people and that finally people would create new plugins so that we could remove stuff from the core.

But beside a few not open source specific plugins and I think one plugin (that's hasn't been updated since....) no one answered.

There are things we wished to put in place. Cleaning needed, but it never quite happened.
Edit : For SM you are right. We again had hoped for developpers to get in and build plugins. eXpansion is the controller with the best support to switch between modes & titles.

I will lock this topic, as there is no reason for discussion to go on, we could have just said support drop but tried to explain. We have no justification to give.

Edit2: BTW, we are not mad we are disappointed,

Edit3: For the Gui issue the fact that you asked someone else isn't shocking. Yes create tickets for bugs and when we can we will look into it. And if you fix something please make a merge request it' was Open source project that anyone can contribute to!
Developper for The next generation, Clean and Powerfull controller eXpansion for your SM & TM server . Working on eXpansion² with full MP4 support and many other awesome features...

Return to “eXpansion”