NEWS 13-01-2018 - Tinker, the eXpansion release tool - nearly there
Previous news : First of all a few little news :
Hi, I am happy to say that developments for 188.8.131.52 "Two Rivers" Alpha-1 are done. We finished today fixing the last memory leak.
The documentation is nearly all done, We have a few updates that needs to be done to the home page and the screen shots ....: http://mp-expansion.com/
Hopefully we will be finishing all these details tomorrow, and should have something by next week latest.
Until now for eXpansion 1 all releases has been done manually, this had few issues :
- We quite often forgot to update the version number in the code
- It took quite some time to create the archive, so we only created archive for major releases and not all of them.
- Updates the skeleton/app repository with new configs.
- Updates the Changelogs in the sources.
- Updates version number in the sources.
- Create tag with proper code.
- Create archive of the skeleton with all vendors installed
- Creates a github release with the archive and proper Changelogs.
Tinker is a tool we coded very quickly so it's not pretty but it does the job. And hopefully will help us deliver eXpansion to you faster.
Quickly on updates:
Like eXpansion1, eXpansion2 can be updated using composer. Some versions might make changes to the skeleton which will require a reinstall. We will let you know when autoupdate won't work.
I hope you enjoyed the news, next one will be the release of alpha-1.