NEWS 13-02-2019 - eXpansion² we will ge there
Well, it's been nearly a year since our last "News post" and since then we have released 3 beta versions of eXpansion. But lately, things have been stalling. So I think for clarification sake we had to write this edition of eXpansion news.
First of all eXpansion² is not abandoned, we are still working on it. But few things have been going on in my life those last few months and I have been busy and well at times even a little depressed. I have gone through a lot of changes, new job, new country, alot of paper work, some health issues in the family... My new job has increased my commute time quite a lot and I have longer working hours as well; so time is more of a premium. But I believe we can finish expansion.
In order to be able to have a "full" stable release in a reasonable time, we have deprioritized some developments. The most important one being our Layout system, adding a whole layer ontop of manialinks in order to have easily customizable components that would have made any new plugin add information to existing windows/widgets easy and also make skinning a lot easier. So even though we had started the devs to implement it we have pushed it to the 188.8.131.52.
We are on the other hand thinking to reprioritize the live widget; maybe for the 2.0.1 version.
There are a few "big" goals we need to tackle for the first stable version
- Create generic BestTime Data Provider for LocalRecords & DedimaniaRecordsThis will allow us to work on the Dedimani/LocalRecords/Live Rankings widget
- Replacing the native /server command with a window displaying more information
- List all missing data providers for TM & implement the most important ones Ideally all of them should be accessible...
- Create simple live widgets There won't be as much functionality as eXp1 had.
- Stabilize Dedimania & Cleanup (definitively the biggest here)
- List all missing data providers for SM & implement the most important ones One of the strong parts of eXpansion is that theoretically making the existing local records plugin work on SM mods such as Obstacle should be easy thanks to those providers.
Your input, your ideas, any feedback of what you would rather see first is welcomed.