A tutorial somewhere?

Give your feedback about the Interface Designer in this section

Moderator: NADEO

novationx

A tutorial somewhere?

Post by novationx »

Hi,

Is there a tutorial somewhere for this? Some screenshots of whats possible is welcome too :D
I wanna design smth beautiful.

Thank you.

( It looks very complicated when you open this tool for the 1st time :D. I need help ^^ )
The neverending waiting game has to stop.
noyranea
Nadeo
Nadeo

Re: A tutorial somewhere?

Post by noyranea »

There is a "technical documentation" I made. Nothing like a tutorial, but reading it should help you understanding many things. I will add it to the maniaplanet documentation later on, but here's a temporary link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/49ozd4ly5h1ne ... nerDoc.pdf

I hope this helps you. I guess tutorials will be available in a few months, when player who usually make the tutorials are familiar with the tool (I'm very bad at making tutorials ;) tried it a few times already).

If you have any particular question or problem, just make a topic about it, and I'll create a FAQ with all the problems people do encounter often.

Have fun,

--noyranea
djhubertus
Translator
Translator

Post by djhubertus »

novationx wrote: ( It looks very complicated when you open this tool for the 1st time :D. I need help ^^ )
Really? I think you are trolling right now xD

Everytime when I open tool first time, I clicking everywhere to know what specific button do.
My Gamemodes:
MP4 - Countdown, Firefight
MP3 - Reduction, Overload, Flashpoint, Territory, SM Race, Escape
MP2 - Search & Destroy, Oscillation, Instagib
Electron

Post by Electron »

I tried the Interface Designer the first time and don't know how to start.
Are there any sample templates shipped with the game I can load and play with?

This forum is a sub forum of Title Pack & Custom Data Creation. So I suppose the Interface Designer is a tool to create custom menus for Title Packs, right?

At the moment I use the default 2D menu for my Title Pack. Now I like to add an additional button "Info" to show some Text (Information/Credits ) in a modal message box.

How can I do this using the Interface Designer?

Is it also possible to create Manialink pages for Maniahome?
I tried to load the XML file of my current Manialink into the Interface Designer, but I can't see anything.
novationx

Post by novationx »

djhubertus wrote:
novationx wrote: ( It looks very complicated when you open this tool for the 1st time :D. I need help ^^ )
Really? I think you are trolling right now xD

Everytime when I open tool first time, I clicking everywhere to know what specific button do.
Not trolling at all.
Cuz Im experienced with other tools I managed to figure it out myself a bit. I understand the basics & more now of this tool. Its ofc no excuse to have no documentation. Whats ez for u isnt always ez for someone else.

Anyways its a nice tool , NADEO :thumbsup:
TMarc

Post by TMarc »

novationx wrote:Not trolling at all.
Cuz Im experienced with other tools I managed to figure it out myself a bit. I understand the basics & more now of this tool. Its ofc no excuse to have no documentation. Whats ez for u isnt always ez for someone else.
Certainly not trolling, but before you ask for better information / documentation, you should also not stop to write proper English yourself. :roll:
Not because this ugly geek slang is "sooo cool" and spares typing time, but because not everyone can understand it at once.
Cerovan

Post by Cerovan »

Electron wrote:This forum is a sub forum of Title Pack & Custom Data Creation. So I suppose the Interface Designer is a tool to create custom menus for Title Packs, right?
Not necessarily, you can create any manialink in this tool as soon it use only the "basics" manialink formatting. It should support later the (manialink) script too.
Online Programmer & Meme Master ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

Access to your Player Page

You have troubles, please contact the Ubisoft Support

Maniaplanet Documentation (Editors, Scripting, Title Pack, etc...)
noyranea
Nadeo
Nadeo

Post by noyranea »

Hello !

Here are some answers :
I tried the Interface Designer the first time and don't know how to start.
Are there any sample templates shipped with the game I can load and play with?
You can access both the "Error" and the "Styles" manialinks used by the editor by opening "file://Media/Manialinks/Common/InterfaceDesigner/". Of course, it's safer to save them as other files before playing ;)

This forum is a sub forum of Title Pack & Custom Data Creation. So I suppose the Interface Designer is a tool to create custom menus for Title Packs, right?
How can I do this using the Interface Designer?
You can create a Manialink menu for you titlepack using the Interface Designer. You simply have to create your Menu with the tool (add some labels, give them a button style (Ctrl+O -> Buttons) and you're nearly done).
Then, in the "menu" section of the info .xml file of your title pack, you just have to write the url of your new Manialink menu in the "Manialink" field.

Is it also possible to create Manialink pages for Maniahome?
I tried to load the XML file of my current Manialink into the Interface Designer, but I can't see anything.
As I told before, you can create Manialink pages (Actually it was supposed to be called "Manialink Designer" ;) )
The reason why you can't see anything after loading your xml file is that :
- The first 50 lines are using the old Manialink syntax, which is not handled by this editor.
- This editor does not display the content of <include /> tags. You can edit this part of the Manialink by directly loading the included file in the editor.

If the included files are also old Manialink files, I'm afraid the only option you have is to reproduce your manialink in the editor. I strongly encourage you to do so, as the Manialink language will continue to evolve and updating old Manialinks will be harder and harder (even if we keep ascendant compatibility past <manialink version="1" />).

I hope you will be able to change your title pack menu with this information Electron. If any of you still need some help, just create a topic about your problem, and I'll answer your questions / try to solve your problems.

Have a nice day,

-- noyranea
Electron

Post by Electron »

Many thanks noyranea for your answer.

Your posting is very good base to create a little "How to start" article for doc.maniaplanet.com.

I also like to see a sample template for a custom Title Pack menu and a simple Manialink page.
It's always easier to modifier/enhance a generic sample than starting with nothing.
novationx

Post by novationx »

Electron wrote:Many thanks noyranea for your answer.

Your posting is very good base to create a little "How to start" article for doc.maniaplanet.com.

I also like to see a sample template for a custom Title Pack menu and a simple Manialink page.
It's always easier to modifier/enhance a generic sample than starting with nothing.
+1

Return to “Interface Designer”