How to add classic laser behaviour to a custom beam?

Moderator: NADEO

fleo

How to add classic laser behaviour to a custom beam?

Post by fleo »

Hi all,

As I said in another post on one-dot-laser, we're making a new laser and we'd like to replace the elite one to test it. I modified the elite script to do so, and the game flow is ok.

However we encountered some issues:
- custom beams are as (in)accurate as the classic tri-dot-laser, so there is no point using them as we'd like to improve accuracy.
- fast projectiles are going through everything (not visually, only the hit detection). And we need a speed of 1000m/s to have enough accuracy.
- fast projectiles are invisible at the start and at the end of the trajectory. So it's invisible at short range for instance.

Because we didn't like custom beams, we mixed two projectiles to fix my last point: one for accuracy (with a little radius, like 0.01 whatever unit it is, probably meters), the other one (slower) for visuals, there are our issues:
- the victim is sometimes hit twice, even if the second hit doesn't deal damages, it's disturbing.
- rockets deny doesn't seem to be handled by projectiles.

So after all that work, we gave a try to a mix of a beam (for visuals) and a projectile (for accuracy). There are our issues:
- beam is clearly inaccurate on long hits (higher than 100m). The projectile hits the target but the beam isn't on it.
- deny rocket is automatically handled but doesn't reload the weapon.

As you can expect, after hours spent on this, and because Nadeo said we have to focus on possibilities of this version of MP, we expect now some help about all our concerns :D so there are our questions, ordered by priority:
- how to improve the accuracy of a beam?
- how to enable rocket deny with a projectile?
- how to enable beam reload and +0 on a rocket deny?
- how to enable laser skewering? (with projectile or beam)
- how to make a projectile that cannot hit?
(in the weapon made of two projectiles, the one for visuals isn't supposed to hit)

I let you reply to the projectiles going through walls and the invisible projectiles in the related topics.

Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Re: How to add classic laser behaviour to a custom beam?

Post by Dommy »

I can create for you best working genial and complete onedot laser ;)
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
fleo

Post by fleo »

I'm looking forward to testing it :D
Follow me on my maniaflash. Try the new elitealternative! Feedbacks on this post. :thumbsup:

♫ I need αεяø. I'm holding out for αεяø 'til the end of the night. ♫
novationx

Post by novationx »

Yeah m2 :D
Where is it domino ?
The neverending waiting game has to stop.

Return to “ActionMaker and Item editor”