[WIP-Project] Water-Item with advanced gravity?

Moderator: NADEO

Florenzius
Translator
Translator

[WIP-Project] Water-Item with advanced gravity?

Post by Florenzius »

Hey there,

Wooloo, adamkooo, DerTypVomBerg and I started the WIP-Project again with new conditions. We also have first objects (Road-Objects) and many textures for the mod. Sure as you read - it's not possible to change the complete environment, so we developed a complete new concept - "overlay the valley-landscape". Our plan: Make a big Water-Item (the exact large of the world) with many islands and a city in the background. And that big item over the standard-landscape Image.

In Lake the water-item was only a texture as a large "plane" with the standard-gravity and in view 2 the cam was under the water, so is looked like a water-free-area.

Now we have to make again a big water-item, but want an advanced gravity (0.8). Is ti possible? How?

If not, please enable it. :thx:

Cheers,
Florenzius
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
GPU - Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070Ti
Tipiizor

Re: [WIP-Project] Water-Item with advanced gravity?

Post by Tipiizor »

Gravity is for the whole map, not only parts, and i'm afraid that won't ever change.

You should work with what Nadeo gives us, not expectations. It's the only way to make something concrete...
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5-2500K@3.4GHz
RAM: 2x G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
GPU: Geforce GTX 970 EXOC
Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M
HDD(s): Sandisk ultra Pro II (240 Go) / WDC WD10EACS-14ZJB0 (931 Go)
Sound: Realtek ALC887
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Tipiizor wrote:Gravity is for the whole map, not only parts, and i'm afraid that won't ever change.

You should work with what Nadeo gives us, not expectations. It's the only way to make something concrete...
Ok, but we really need a bit "color", that in view 1, 2, or 3 the water is hidden. :cry:

Please help me, NADEO
Creative Director at UNBITN - 3D Modeler for Pursuit - ManiaPlanet Translator and Beta tester - Freelancer for Ubisoft Nadeo
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
TGYoshi

Post by TGYoshi »

It isn't as simple as turning something "on."
=3
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Yes, i know. But maybe it can be scripted..? :?

If not, i give up with this question^^
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT
Dommy
Translator
Translator

Post by Dommy »

ManiaDesign wrote:Yes, i know. But maybe it can be scripted..? :?

If not, i give up with this question^^
As ManiaScript encyclopedie I answer: No.

But

You could change gravity if player is under Y position (fixed water coordinate). But it comes with 5 problems:
- You can't change gravity on the fly, only after respawn;
- Even if gravity would change in water, player won't loose his/her momentum (falling into "water" won't slow you down);
- No environment sound when falling into "water", unless you make it with mode interface layer, which sounds can be played only for interface owner;
- You can't customize gravity in editor test and validate mode, unless you select try map with mode, that changes gravity;
- You can't customise gravity in solo and local play, unless you use script mode;
- You can't customise gravity in split screen, unless you write your own split screen mode.

Instead I recommend using original water of valley, or switch project to Stadium 64x64 base filled with water and place a "landscape" that cover bottom of Stadium pool and goes over water level on Stadium edges. If using this method, best option is using only 32x32 zone in the middle of the map for constructing.
Ryzen 7 2700X, GTX 1070 Ti, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Insider Build
FORUM MODERATOR • CREATOR OF SHOOTMANIA GALAXY & TRACKMANIA² PURSUIT

Contact me via GALAXY & PURSUIT DISCORD
meuh21

Post by meuh21 »

A trick for a small depth sea or lake large item :

Large dark (texture) floor with a "slow" and "sliding" material (try "Ice", "Snow", "Wetgrass"). And Water (small depth because wheels need to touch the floor)

More information about Valley materials : viewtopic.php?f=521&t=27873&start=0&hil ... e+material (in french :oops: )
Florenzius
Translator
Translator

Post by Florenzius »

Ohh, thanks for this information! :?
___
MB - B550 AORUS ELITE
RAM - 32GB
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 3600XT

Return to “ActionMaker and Item editor”