Load png images upon request

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

bern

Load png images upon request

Post by bern »

Does anyone know how to force the loading of image files without having to press the ESC key to load them.
code example.
image = ".../xxxxxxxx.png"
It does not load immediately ,,, you have to press the Esc key, 2 times and the image is downloaded and seen on the screen.
You only have to do it 1 time, the following times it is already installed on the player's disk.
But all the players are not aware that the image is downloaded for the first time by pressing the Esc key.
The cause of this question is that I have different download panels to see the player logs and presumably a new player when entering does not see them.
I do not know if I explained well.

Is there any code that forces the image to load immediately?
Last edited by Miss on 12 Jul 2021, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link because it looks like spam
undef.de

Re: Load png images upon request

Post by undef.de »

bern wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 14:45 Is there any code that forces the image to load immediately?
It's not a UASECO thing, that's the game client that handle it to not give lags to the player.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
bern

Post by bern »

undef.de wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 13:58
bern wrote: 12 Jul 2021, 14:45 Is there any code that forces the image to load immediately?
It's not a UASECO thing, that's the game client that handle it to not give lags to the player.
Hi undef
I understand you,,,
The function of the string in uaseco is to download the * .png file and then display it on the screen.
1. It is downloaded to the hard disk after the client has made the request, but it is not yet visible on the screen.
2. It is seen on the screen when you press ESC or re-enter the server.
The cause of all this is that a new player who enters the server when executing the command does not immediately see the PNG graphic until he enters the server again and executes the same command.
My question is if there is any system to download the image to the hard disk without having to wait for the player's order ,,,
With this solution, the player, when pressing the command, would see the graph on the screen since it was previously opened and downloaded automatically.
I do not know if you understand me.
A greeting.
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

Records-Eyepice is doing a pre-loading of the images on the connect of the players, but the game client do only display them, when the player press the DEL key (to retry) or BACKSPACE (to restart). Thats how the game handle images to prevent lagging. There is nothing UASECO or I can do to change this behavior.

A possible solution would be to have a preference included into the settings of the game to enable lag protection or to load and show the images as soon as they are loaded. But you have to request nadeo for this. 8-)
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
bern

Post by bern »

undef.de wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 08:36 Records-Eyepice is doing a pre-loading of the images on the connect of the players, but the game client do only display them, when the player press the DEL key (to retry) or BACKSPACE (to restart). Thats how the game handle images to prevent lagging. There is nothing UASECO or I can do to change this behavior.

A possible solution would be to have a preference included into the settings of the game to enable lag protection or to load and show the images as soon as they are loaded. But you have to request nadeo for this. 8-)
I understand
it is like the elaboration of a "title" in it are blocks images etc ..... that are saved in the hard disk of the player for easier access and speed.
Maybe in uaseco in:
"public function onPlayerConnect"
Here you load what you want to see first ,,, but you could put the load link (to save it on disk) but without viewing it .....
would it be a solution?

Return to “UASECO”