Changes of Laps.Script.txt requested

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

chekov

Changes of Laps.Script.txt requested

Post by chekov »

Hi Undef,

maybe You can help me. Me and my clan are loving to drive Laps. We are testing the Laps-Script, but the are so many differences between this script and how we remember it befor the update. For example the locals are taking the time for all 5 rounds but I need it for every single round. And I dont konw how the time is counting. When I pass the CP I see in the middle of the screen + or -. But I dont know if the + ist based on my last local record or may last map. Also ist would be better, if the color of the time-difference would be red (if you are slower) or blue (if you are faster then your last local).

Would it be possible to change the script in this way? And how long would it take?

chekov
Last edited by undef.de on 06 Sep 2017, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Splited hijacked post
chekov

Is there a Future for LAPS - Zukunft für LAPS?

Post by chekov »

Hi Undef,

ich schreibe mal auf Deutsch und hoffe, dass Du mich verstehen kannst.
Ich gehörde zu den TrekkRats - einem TM 2 Clan, der bisher vor allem Server im LAPS - Modus betrieben hat.

Nach dem Update haben wir bisher keinen Controller gefunden, der für LAPS so gepasst hat, wie der alte XASECO. Wir denken sogar schon darüber nach, nach TM 1 "auszuwandern" wenn wir keinen Controller finden, mit dem wir LAPS wie vor dem Update spielen können.

WIr haben jetzt den UASECO testweise auf unserem Server im Einsatz und finden ihn schon nicht schlecht - haben ein paar Dinge festgestellt, die aus unserer Sicht nicht so richtig funktionieren bzw. unschön sind.

Du bist nun unsere "letzte Rettung". Wenn Du uns sagst, dass der LAPS-Modus nicht mehr weiter unterstützt wird, werden wir nach TM 1 zurück gehen. Wenn wir aber hoffen können, dass es auch weiterhin LAPS geben wird, würden wir bei TM 2 bleiben und warten.

Die Dinge, die wir derzeit vermissen sind:
- die locals sollen die Zeit pro Runde und nicht die Gesamtzeit anzeigen
- die Rundenzeiten sollen sich am letzten, gefahrenen local orientieren
- ist man schneller als der letzte local, soll die Abweichung blau und ist man langsamer rot angezeigt werden.
- hat man noch keinen local, wird der schlechteste local als Referenz genommen
- das Warm Up soll wieder in etwa so lang sein, wie eine Runde (Authorenzeit + x Sekunden).
- die Chatzeit soll konfigurierbar sein.

Vielleicht kannst Du mir ja helfen und ein paar Tipps geben. Wir haben unsere Server bei NC1 und bekommen da bestimmte Anpassungen im Script auch nicht gespreichert.

Vielen Dank für Deine Bemühungen.

Viele Grüße

chekov
chekov

Re: Changes of Laps.Script.txt requested

Post by chekov »

On this screenshot you can see on the left the locals, wich are for all 5 rounds
SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

F1Team and I have the same problem. We are also using laps mode.

I'm currently trying to hack in the first thing you mentioned. It is open source, fortunately. I'll let you know if it works.
SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

Already got it working almost. From client perspective it looks fine already but there are 2 things that I still have to fix
- Send only the checks of the best lap
- Fix replay validation (currently commented out)
SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

Installed it on this server: #join=klserver@BaF1@mcrobert Feel free to test it. Let me know if you find a problem. Didn't have time to test it much.

Will create a github branch for it when it is done.
chekov

Post by chekov »

I'm going to test it. Many thanks for this. I will post the results.
SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

das Warm Up soll wieder in etwa so lang sein, wie eine Runde (Authorenzeit + x Sekunden).
That is something that can be configured. Just set warm_up_duration to 0 and it will be automatic. That's just missing in the description.
chekov

Post by chekov »

I tried to connect to the server but the download of the F 1 package doesnt work for hours. I tried it any times but it didnt work.

Is there an easy way to get the file?
SyntaxError99

Post by SyntaxError99 »

Yeah, it's 3.5 GB unfortunately and my server is slow.

Try joining another F1 server (e.g. Baf1). Just search for f1 in the server list.

It is also possible to download it from maniaplanet directly but can't give you the link until I get home.

Update:
Direct link
I think you have to put it here: C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\ManiaPlanet\Packs
But I've never tried downloading the title pack manually, so not sure if that works.

Return to “UASECO”