KARMA a stupid thing UASECO

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

BestNoob

KARMA a stupid thing UASECO

Post by BestNoob »

I played TMNF while the online Karma arrives and i wonder since these years WTF is this crap ?

The old KARMA was ++ or -- okay that was not enough so i can understand +- and ++ + +- - --

But wtf is the KARMA in USAECO ?
1. Point is why should i be interested in knowing what other people in the world thinnk about ?
all thats important is what the PLAYERS on my SERVER think about a map, so i can remove poor maps from my server and improve my server

2. the KARMA system is .. wtf ? 10 stages ? With +++ ++ + - -- -- ?
why tribble ? Why 6 vote options ?

i mean mania-exchange has 5 STARS so why do you have this vote system ??

in my eyes it doesnt make sense. explain it to me :D
@undef.de maybe you can think about set the OLD KARMA as default ?
To join my TM Servers, search for: bestnoob :thumbsup:
undef.de

Re: KARMA a stupid thing UASECO

Post by undef.de »

BestNoob wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 13:41 I played TMNF while the online Karma arrives and i wonder since these years WTF is this crap ?
[...]
maybe you can think about set the OLD KARMA as default ?
Nobody is forced to use ManiaKarma, the old RASP Karma is available and easy to setup.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.
BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

I just want to understand this.
Miss

Post by Miss »

It's a way to allow people to be more expressive with their voting. It's like the old debate about whether YouTube needs to bring back its 5 star system or not :P
3080 RTX, Ryzen 3700X, 32GB RAM, Windows 11
Forum moderator, opinions are my own. :thx:
Check out Image openplanet, the alternative ManiaPlanet & Turbo scripting platform! (Openplanet subforum)
I also stream and tweet.
BestNoob

Post by BestNoob »

Miss wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 18:23 It's a way to allow people to be more expressive with their voting. It's like the old debate about whether YouTube needs to bring back its 5 star system or not :P
Okay, i see that i can view the local votes thats good and important because public votes are useless.

But i still dont understand the +++ or does Mania eXchange use this vote system ? Actually karma is not connected to Mania eXchange ?

And my Server/uaseco want me to upload local karma to public :D because there is no connection ?
undef.de

Post by undef.de »

BestNoob wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 12:19
Miss wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 18:23 It's a way to allow people to be more expressive with their voting.
does Mania eXchange use this vote system ? Actually karma is not connected to Mania eXchange ?
ManiaExchange didn't had a voting system and at the time I was starting to write one, nobody at TM-Exchange were interested in one. So I started an own portal (where the website is still missed). Also the last time I communicated with one from ManiaExchange, nobody wanted to include the votes, instead they wrote an own system. So my guess: ManiaKarma will never be connected to TMX oder ManiaExchange.
BestNoob wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 12:19 And my Server/uaseco want me to upload local karma to public :D because there is no connection ?
Please add the corresponding logfile entry here.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.

Return to “UASECO”