Questions to force mod and .gbx

UASECO is a fork of the XAseco2/1.03 controller for Trackmania and has been overhauled to support the Modescript Gamemodes of Trackmania².

Moderators: undef.de, NADEO

BestNoob

Questions to force mod and .gbx

Post by BestNoob » 06 Dec 2018, 12:38

Englisch translation:

Hello,

I've set up forcemod with my self-created Winter Valley Mod.
It also seems to work, with me the mod loads within a few seconds in the game cache and is already displayed after a respawn.

But since there is no DEMO I can not test if the MOD is loaded with other players.
A few people have told me that the mod is not loaded :( and I have created a completely new pack without planet costs.
There arent any error messages in the log files.

My server is called VALLEY WINTER VALLEY MOD, if you want to watch it.
Or search for: bestnoob

* old message
My MOD is a skin.pack.gbx file and usually costs planets. (I can not change unfortunately because the mod pack option is buged in MP)
if I understand it correctly, you only have to pay Planets once, if mods or, like this skin pack files are used in the editor ?!

Hallo,
da du deutsch sprichst, geht es so denke ich besser:

Ich habe forcemod mit meinem selbst erstellten Winter Valley Mod eingerichtet.
Es scheint auch zu funktionieren, bei mir läd die Mod innerhalb weniger Sekunden in den Game Cache und wird bereits nach einem Respawn angezeigt.
Aber da es keine DEMO mehr gibt kann ich leider nicht testen ob der MOD auch bei anderen Spielern geladen wird.

Ein paar Leute haben mir gesagt, dass die Mod nicht geladen wird :( und ich habe ein komplett neues Pack erstellt ohne Planetkosten.
Es gibt bei mir in der Logdatei etc. keine Fehlermeldungen.

Mein Server heist VALLEY WINTER VALLEY MOD, falls du es dir anschauen möchtest.
Oder per Suche nach: bestnoob

*alte Nachricht
Mein MOD ist eine skin.pack.gbx Datei und kostet normalerweise Planets. (kann ich leider nicht ändern da die mod pack option in MP verbuged ist)
wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe muss man Planets aber nur dann zahlen, wenn Mods bzw, diese Skin Pack Dateien im Editor verwendet werden ?!

Code: Select all

[2018-12-07 18:31:48] [PlayerList] Calculating and updating server ranks for players...
[2018-12-07 18:31:48] [PlayerList] ...finished!
[2018-12-07 18:31:48] [ForceMod] Mod [https://dl.dropbox.com/XXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Winter%20Valley%20HD%20Server.Skin.Pack.Gbx] for environment [Valley] successfully installed
[2018-12-07 18:31:48] [Event] Player Ranking Updated (Players)
[2018-12-07 18:31:48] [Event] End Match [57]
[2018-12-07 18:31:48] [Event] Begin Match [58]
Last edited by BestNoob on 14 Dec 2018, 11:53, edited 2 times in total.
To join my TM Servers, search for: bestnoob :thumbsup:

BestNoob

Re: Fragen zu force mod und .gbx

Post by BestNoob » 07 Dec 2018, 21:48

Hier ein Video dazu

undef.de

Post by undef.de » 13 Dec 2018, 14:47

We should keep it international here, so please keep using english.

I do not know if GBX files are allowed by the Method "SetForcedMods" which is used to forced mods. If nadeo didn't change here something since TMF, then it has to be a ZIP (IMHO).

Also your link

https://dl.dropbox.com/XXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Winter%20Valley%20HD%20Server.Skin.Pack.Gbx
isn't working, as far as I know you have to add

?dl=1
to download the file directly instead of getting a download page.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.

BestNoob

Post by BestNoob » 14 Dec 2018, 11:49

undef.de wrote:
13 Dec 2018, 14:47
We should keep it international here, so please keep using english.

I do not know if GBX files are allowed by the Method "SetForcedMods" which is used to forced mods. If nadeo didn't change here something since TMF, then it has to be a ZIP (IMHO).

Also your link

https://dl.dropbox.com/XXX/XXXXXXXXXXXXXX/Winter%20Valley%20HD%20Server.Skin.Pack.Gbx
isn't working, as far as I know you have to add

?dl=1
to download the file directly instead of getting a download page.
Okay. But you ddint recognized, it is working for me as Master Admin, so it seems to be a thing with the rights ?!
Thats littlebit strange, for me the mod is loaded and applyed without any problems within a few seconds.

undef.de

Re: Questions to force mod and .gbx

Post by undef.de » 14 Dec 2018, 12:20

Maybe it's loaded into your client, because the filename match (but download still don't work) and the client uses your local copy. Please check your download link from dropbox in a browser, if the browser don't download it directly, then nobody (you included) can download it.
Developer of UASECO, a controller with support of the Modescript Gamemodes for TM².
Visit the official website for more: UASECO.org

Developer of various plugins for XAseco/XAseco2 and MPAseco, visit my lab: www.undef.name

You like what I do? Then award a ManiaStar.

endbase

Post by endbase » 14 Dec 2018, 12:54

Do gbx files load these days with forcemod ? I thought only zip files :pop:

BestNoob

Post by BestNoob » 15 Dec 2018, 19:35

undef.de wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 12:20
Maybe it's loaded into your client, because the filename match (but download still don't work) and the client uses your local copy. Please check your download link from dropbox in a browser, if the browser don't download it directly, then nobody (you included) can download it.
Link is working and as i said before ... the mod got loaded into the cache folder, and it is working for me so the question is why not for the other people, the problem is i cannot check it myself because TM2 is no longer free2play (Demo)

if only .zip is working why is the.gbx working for me ? So maybe it is a BUG ? In the plugin or game ?
In the .php file i found two lines applying mod to user but when i protect user with a password in .cfg ? The targeting seems to be master admin/server but i miss the nromal palyer as target in the forcemod .php file.

Return to “UASECO”